BMD Footballing Genius...absolute troll.

18 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

BMD Footballing Genius...absolute troll.

by FiNeRaIn » 10 Mar 2012 16:25

Some may argue with the style of play, some may argue with his starting 11 but once AGAIN on next to nothing for a budget he's pulled the goods out and proves everyone wrong....how on earth we have won this many on the trot and sit joint second with the squad we have is just :shock: Its by no means a bad squad...but it is constantly having its best players sold and being operated on a shoe string.

This guy is just some sort of genius, starts every season poorly and lulls everything into thinking we are relegation candidates then he goes...

Just kidding.

Then launches some ridiculous record breaking onslaught that leaves our opponents sat in a corner huffing and puffing that little old plastic reading with no fans dicked them once again. :lol:

BMD is the biggest troll we've had at the club and an absolutely smashing manager.

Hero.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BMD Footballing Genius...absolute troll.

by SLAMMED » 10 Mar 2012 16:39

:lol:

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 10 Mar 2012 16:41

The Zen Master. No matter who he has he gets them all on the same page, and pulling the same way, to get the most out of them. He very much reminds me of Phil Jackson except he doesn't have the talents the likes of Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen and Kobe Bryant to call on.

:mrgreen:

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 10 Mar 2012 16:58

The man's a miracle worker, plain and simple. Sees what he's got, formulates a team that gets the best results and generally pulls a rabbit out of the hat most games. I said after 2-3 months that his management tenure would last maybe 3 years at most as he would be found out. How wrong am I, I am now thinking future England material. And that's no troll.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 10 Mar 2012 18:13

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 10 Mar 2012 18:29

Simon's Church

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jazz

by jazz » 10 Mar 2012 18:46

Sir Steve #2. May even go on to greater achievements. Let us hope.

AR Royal

by AR Royal » 10 Mar 2012 20:09

FiNeRaIn Some may argue with the style of play, some may argue with his starting 11 but once AGAIN on next to nothing for a budget he's pulled the goods out and proves everyone wrong....how on earth we have won this many on the trot and sit joint second with the squad we have is just :shock: Its by no means a bad squad...but it is constantly having its best players sold and being operated on a shoe string.

This guy is just some sort of genius, starts every season poorly and lulls everything into thinking we are relegation candidates then he goes...

Just kidding.

Then launches some ridiculous record breaking onslaught that leaves our opponents sat in a corner huffing and puffing that little old plastic reading with no fans dicked them once again. :lol:

BMD is the biggest troll we've had at the club and an absolutely smashing manager.

Hero.

Gotta give you props just for the video there...Joe Adams for University of Arkansas against Tennessee. Up there with one of my personal favourite sporting moments that i've witnessed in person along with Bobby Conveys 1st goal against millwall at home in the record breaking season.

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 10 Mar 2012 20:28

I was saying this to my mate during the match. It seems every transfer window the big guys leave and yet the team moves onwards. Pure class.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 11 Mar 2012 05:43

Stuka Pure class.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 11 Mar 2012 06:27

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 11 Mar 2012 07:00

Can't praise McD enough.

He just seems to be one of those managers, few and far between, that can get any individual to play at the top of their game. Roberts has been an inspired signing not just for his own performances but for what it is doing to others in the team, Hunt now seems a different class of player.

The interview with Roberts was telling when Roberts remarked that he couldn't believe how many people McDermott had spoken to about him. I think a combination of McD's scouting background, affiliation with RFC and his general character have made him the perfect manager to lift this team and take it forward.

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

by Ups and Downs » 11 Mar 2012 07:08

leicsRoyal
The interview with Roberts was telling when Roberts remarked that he couldn't believe how many people McDermott had spoken to about him.

I didn't read that interview, what did he mean by that comment? That McD asked around about what type of bloke Roberts was before signing him?

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 11 Mar 2012 07:16

Ups and Downs
leicsRoyal
The interview with Roberts was telling when Roberts remarked that he couldn't believe how many people McDermott had spoken to about him.

I didn't read that interview, what did he mean by that comment? That McD asked around about what type of bloke Roberts was before signing him?

Roberts stated that 'you could tell McDermott comes from a scouting background by the amount of people that he had spoken to before he signed him'

Probably checking on everything.

Fitness levels
How his media work fitted in
And most importantly would he be the type of player that would fit in at Reading.

Although McD had known him years, I presume he wanted to know that the Jason Roberts of today is the Jason Roberts he wanted.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 11 Mar 2012 07:26

If we don't go up this season, I can easily see a mid-table Prem team coming in for Brian during the inevitable Summer managerial musical chairs; what he has achieved with the hand he has been dealt has been amazing.

robinsfriday

by robinsfriday » 11 Mar 2012 07:49

Very good interview with BMD published today (Sunday)

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/ ... 46283.html

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 11 Mar 2012 08:34

robinsfriday Very good interview with BMD published today (Sunday)

Excellent read.

Everything I read about McDermott impresses me greatly.

May it long continue.

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 11 Mar 2012 08:38

robinsfriday Very good interview with BMD published today (Sunday)

Nice interview. I suppose the Irish connection is an interesting dynamic.

18 posts   •   Page 1 of 1