Michail Antonio

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Michail Antonio

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 Mar 2012 10:57

I wonder what Michail and paultheroyal will be doing tonight to celebrate.

Bring Back The SB

by Bring Back The SB » 28 Mar 2012 10:59

He's been highly rated at pretty much every club he's had a loan spell at. All these clubs have been at a lower level.

Probably his level.

Royal Farmer

by Royal Farmer » 28 Mar 2012 11:27

After a year of idiotic searching, he finds his details and enters the ring 8) : Antonio has consistently been so good at league 1 level that I'd be really interested to see how he does if given an extensive chance within a Championship first team. That obviously won't be us whilst we have Jobi and Jimmy trail blazing, but if we go up (or maybe even if not ala McCarthy) it would be great to see him loaned to a higher level rather than sold on. If he makes it, or indeed progresses :!: , surely he could be a decent option, especially if we go back down? His form just makes me think it would be nice to truly assess him at this level before deciding his future one way or another. If he gains the confidence at Championship level too, he may be able to reproduce the heresay for us on a more consistent basis? Either way, happy birthday!

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 28 Mar 2012 13:05

Bring Back The SB He's been highly rated at pretty much every club he's had a loan spell at. All these clubs have been at a lower level.

Probably his level.

21 Appearances in League 1 this season, 7 goals, 7 assists. I'd say for a winger that shows hes too good for that level.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 28 Mar 2012 13:07

Happy Birthday MA

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 28 Mar 2012 13:23

Royal Farmer After a year of idiotic searching, he finds his details and enters the ring 8) : Antonio has consistently been so good at league 1 level that I'd be really interested to see how he does if given an extensive chance within a Championship first team. That obviously won't be us whilst we have Jobi and Jimmy trail blazing, but if we go up (or maybe even if not ala McCarthy) it would be great to see him loaned to a higher level rather than sold on. If he makes it, or indeed progresses :!: , surely he could be a decent option, especially if we go back down? His form just makes me think it would be nice to truly assess him at this level before deciding his future one way or another. If he gains the confidence at Championship level too, he may be able to reproduce the heresay for us on a more consistent basis? Either way, happy birthday!

Classy! Anal sex gag in the first line of your first post ever.

I hope Wednesday do go up and take him on loan again, then we will see what he is like at a higher level. Nearly good enough to do well, but not quite, is my guess. A James Henry, not a Simon Cox story when he leaves us.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Mar 2012 13:25

Royal Farmer After a year of idiotic searching, he finds his details and enters the ring 8) : Antonio has consistently been so good at league 1 level that I'd be really interested to see how he does if given an extensive chance within a Championship first team. That obviously won't be us whilst we have Jobi and Jimmy trail blazing, but if we go up (or maybe even if not ala McCarthy) it would be great to see him loaned to a higher level rather than sold on. If he makes it, or indeed progresses :!: , surely he could be a decent option, especially if we go back down? His form just makes me think it would be nice to truly assess him at this level before deciding his future one way or another. If he gains the confidence at Championship level too, he may be able to reproduce the heresay for us on a more consistent basis? Either way, happy birthday!

Given your first line, I guess we should change the traditional greeting to 'Bu gger off Newbie!'

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 28 Mar 2012 13:32

he improved massively when he had two games ina row for us, started to look less raw.

im much more hopeful for him after that

Royal Farmer

by Royal Farmer » 28 Mar 2012 13:35

:lol: And straight away I realise that I have much to learn before I can join the veterans of this board! I'll claim that I meant my introduction to hasten my ascent :wink: And I agree Melonhead. It sounded like he made a few promising contributions in his cameos.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 31 Mar 2012 14:37

MotM again today v Preston

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Mar 2012 14:58

Z175
Bring Back The SB He's been highly rated at pretty much every club he's had a loan spell at. All these clubs have been at a lower level.

Probably his level.

21 Appearances in League 1 this season, 7 goals, 7 assists. I'd say for a winger that shows hes too good for that level.

Seems to me as one of those players who's very good at that level, but doesn't quite yet have what it takes to step up. His pace and power allow him to do well there. But I reckon he'll need at least another full season before he can step up. Especially into a team of different players. You need a bit of nouce and control at this level as well as that pace and power. Which he doesn't seem to quite have yet.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 31 Mar 2012 15:15

I didn't see all the game but post-match, the goal-scorer said Antonio "ran the game'
and they hoped to keep him.

I think he could be a VG player but needs to play a fair few games

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 31 Mar 2012 15:16

Good game today, was their best player. But it did look his level tbf

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 31 Mar 2012 21:44

ZacNaloen Good game today, was their best player. But it did look his level tbf

Not getting this level nonsense! Fixture today could quite easily of been a championship fixture. Similarly last week or so when he got MOM in Sheffield Derby!

Norwich, Southampton have shown league 1 promoted sides hold their own in Championship! Bloke just needed a run of games and rewards are there to be seen.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 02 Apr 2012 16:51

Player of the month. Well done.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 02 Apr 2012 16:53

paultheroyal Not getting this level nonsense! Fixture today could quite easily of been a championship fixture

What, if they were both better at football :?:

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 02 Apr 2012 17:14

A side in the autos, could still win the division

Southampton, Brighton anyone?