5145 posts
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by RoyalBlue » 30 Mar 2012 17:54

Ideal
grey_squirrel Don't really understand the panic here on this.

If the deal is off, then so what? Was never convinced by it in the first place and secondly whether it happens or not now, it ain't going to effect the outcome of this season now anyway (unless we were advanced enough money and signed Messi on an emergency loan).

As a major Madejski critic of recent years, IF we go up, then his bargaining position is greatly enhanced. Enter Branson or Simon Fuller et al etc ( :shock: ). If we don't go up, then at worst all that happens is we realise our Championship mediocrity next season that most of us thought would be the case at the start of this season anyway.

Never trusted them ruskys.

+1 to all that!
Madejski = we know what we get, safe harbour and all that, no monkey business and the club is safe - won't risk our future.
Russians = unknown entity, shady track record (Everton shenanigans), Russian "businessmen" don't exactly have a track record of integrity and morals, and we have no idea what's in store for us.

In fact, if this deal falls through I will not be sad for one moment, I might even feel slightly relieved.
Upwards and onwards with JM at the helm is completely OK for me, I'll take another win against Liverpool any day of the week.

Dream on! If this deal falls through there is only one direction we will be taking and that is the complete opposite of the one you suggest. More star players sold to fill the annual black holes and our miracle working manager, sick and tired of annual rebuilding exercises, off to another club who will give him proper backing.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 30 Mar 2012 18:54

RoyalBlue
Ideal
grey_squirrel Don't really understand the panic here on this.

If the deal is off, then so what? Was never convinced by it in the first place and secondly whether it happens or not now, it ain't going to effect the outcome of this season now anyway (unless we were advanced enough money and signed Messi on an emergency loan).

As a major Madejski critic of recent years, IF we go up, then his bargaining position is greatly enhanced. Enter Branson or Simon Fuller et al etc ( :shock: ). If we don't go up, then at worst all that happens is we realise our Championship mediocrity next season that most of us thought would be the case at the start of this season anyway.

Never trusted them ruskys.

+1 to all that!
Madejski = we know what we get, safe harbour and all that, no monkey business and the club is safe - won't risk our future.
Russians = unknown entity, shady track record (Everton shenanigans), Russian "businessmen" don't exactly have a track record of integrity and morals, and we have no idea what's in store for us.

In fact, if this deal falls through I will not be sad for one moment, I might even feel slightly relieved.
Upwards and onwards with JM at the helm is completely OK for me, I'll take another win against Liverpool any day of the week.

Dream on! If this deal falls through there is only one direction we will be taking and that is the complete opposite of the one you suggest. More star players sold to fill the annual black holes and our miracle working manager, sick and tired of annual rebuilding exercises, off to another club who will give him proper backing.

I desperately don't want this deal to fall through, and I don't think it will. But I'll not give up hope if it does. It's true that selling our best players each year makes it very difficult for us, but still we've been doing extremely well. Yes, we came back down after two seasons last time, but only on goal difference--we could have stayed up: it's not like we were a Wolves or a Derby that season, forever at the bottom: we trapdoored at the last moment.

Muguire

by Muguire » 30 Mar 2012 19:03

It wont fall through :!: :roll:

Madejski said it himself "this is our dream ticket." He's been waiting a long time for this and now it's here he is the only one who can fcuk it up for all of us and he wont, he can't afford to :!:

The only sticking point I have heard, not sure how reliable it is, but Madejski was fuming that the stadium name will change later for sponsorship income.

Plus FL has been spot on with what's he's heard about this and recent transfers, so for as long as he hears positive things then I'll go with that over the fog horn mouthed Royal Lady and the LOLikes of TBM, ScutterFucket and The Rouge, etc etc.

Northern Git

by Northern Git » 30 Mar 2012 22:02

For what its worth (very little probably)

Was in the Mad stad hotel this evening, arrived about 19:30.

JM, Nigel Howe, Ian Wood-Smith, Samualson plus a party of other 'suits' (and two dresses) in the bar area having drinks. 14 in total in the group. Lots of little huddled conversations involving 3or 4 people. All seemed amicable, but def not a 'the deals done lets have a celebration' gathering

People left bit by bit leaving Samualson and two others, who after a very intense looking conversation went off for dinner in the 'posh' resturant.

No idea what it means apart from conversations are ongoing and so is presumably the 'deal'

P.S No anton and no Antons supermodel lady - mores the pity :cry:

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 30 Mar 2012 22:37

Extended-Phenotype Without TSI, do we have a chance to stay up in the Prem, were we to make it there? Is there a chance we could ever make it if Brian continues to face rebuilding every season with no help from our owner? Will he even stick around?

Have no idea why anyone would be happy to see this deal fail.

Last time we were in the Prem we were one of a handful of clubs who were profitable. The fact that so little of that profit was spent on players was Coppell's decision so, as I doubt the present incumbent would be so shy of spending, we'd stand a very good chance of staying up.

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 30 Mar 2012 22:52

Barry the bird boggler

This reminded me of this

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 30 Mar 2012 23:24

You have to take your hat off to TBM. 126 pages with only the occasional gentle stir to keep it simmering, a potential magnum opus.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 31 Mar 2012 00:23

Muguire ...ScutterFucket....

Solid, durable.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 31 Mar 2012 13:02

Muguire Madejski said it himself "this is our dream ticket.".

If it looks like a dream ticket and sounds like a dream ticket, it probably isn't a dream ticket

Proper dream tickets are almost always a complete surprise when they arrive

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 31 Mar 2012 13:25

Well it took me by complete surprise on 20th January, that's for sure.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 01 Apr 2012 08:59

Royal Lady I don't keep piping on - that's the point. I mentioned it yesterday and got slated by no less than Ian Royal for it - I'm just trying to point out that I've never said Madejski asked for more money and that, whether Ian Royal likes it or not, I do know people who do have told me certain things both now and in the past. soz. :roll:

Pipe down

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Apr 2012 11:42

Someone obviously has a real chip on their shoulder about me to the point of quite worrying obssession.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Apr 2012 11:46

If you're referring to me, may I point out that my responses are merely in response to YOU attacking what I have said.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Apr 2012 11:48

Yes, it is only me afterall. :roll:

CayeneMatt

by CayeneMatt » 01 Apr 2012 13:43

I got over mine, but you caused me a shit load of therapy.

William Oddie

by William Oddie » 02 Apr 2012 11:05

For all you pessimistic people that are still concerned this isnt happening, Anton was in attendance Saturday. Sure if doubts were there as to the takeover happening he wouldnt be sat mith mr mad at games? Now sit back enjoy the ride and be patient.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 02 Apr 2012 11:07

William Oddie For all you pessimistic people that are still concerned this isnt happening, Anton was in attendance Saturday. Sure if doubts were there as to the takeover happening he wouldnt be sat mith mr mad at games? Now sit back enjoy the ride and be patient.

TBH, if Anton had any doubts about stumping up a bit of extra cash then I'm sure Saturday's game would have persuaded him 8)

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 03 Apr 2012 14:11

William Oddie For all you pessimistic people that are still concerned this isnt happening, Anton was in attendance Saturday. Sure if doubts were there as to the takeover happening he wouldnt be sat mith mr mad at games? Now sit back enjoy the ride and be patient.

He was buzzing Saturday! He really gets into it!

This will all be ironed out, pardon the pun, soon and then we can get excited about the summer.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 03 Apr 2012 15:02

Cobi and then we can get excited about the summer.

Going anywhere nice :?:

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 03 Apr 2012 15:28

The deal could already be signed but they might wait until the end of the season to announce details.

When the news initially broke it caused the team to blip so best to let the players do their stuff and save news on the takeover until May.

5145 posts