West Ham Match Thread

623 posts
Maquisard

Re: West Ham Match Thread

by Maquisard » 31 Mar 2012 19:18

Ian Royal
Chaney And what was Hunts goal disallowed for?

Can only assume it's because Maquisard had her usual bet on and slipped the lino a fiver. Ball certainly didn't go off and given it went back to Hunt it can't have been offside.

waaah I forgot - I was too sick with apprehension about the game :cry: :cry: :cry:

Do you think it would do any good if I wrote to all of the bookies:

"Dear Mr Ladbroke, Mr Hill, Mr James, Mr Power,
I hope you are well
I have been putting £1 on Reading to win 4-2 for years (check your records). Today, I was ill. Please will you give me my winnings anyway?
Thank you
Maquisard
PS - as today was a big game, I would have put £10 on."

manny96

by manny96 » 31 Mar 2012 19:20

Oh and Lawrenson predicts without giving it any thought that Southampton will finish champions. He can keep saying that as far as I'm concerned.

@Zac - "pull your socks up for the lads" (intended for Kebe and Federici (not so) subtly bends over and pulls them in front of all the away fans)

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 31 Mar 2012 19:23

manny96 Oh and Lawrenson predicts without giving it any thought that Southampton will finish champions. He can keep saying that as far as I'm concerned.

@Zac - "pull your socks up for the lads" (intended for Kebe and Federici (not so) subtly bends over and pulls them in front of all the away fans)

Of course Lawro conveniently forgets we have to go to Soton, and when we win we leap frog them.

I really REALLY hope we win the League this year, just so I can read all about how lucky we were, and how the "big" clubs were denied their rightful places by a little no-mark club playing boring 4-4-2 football, that only went up because their new owners ploughed millions in during the Jan transfer window etc etc etc. :evil: :evil:

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 31 Mar 2012 19:23

This is a brilliant match thread, the excitement then despair at 1-0 then the result and West HaMONG fans comments and this is partuclar has given me a geniuine LOL
postwhisperer thats what im talking about get the fvck in fvck u london crap eaters. fvck negative nancies need to get the fvck out. halftime one down i dont fvckin think so :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 31 Mar 2012 19:34

Barry the bird boggler Big day, big stage, big game and the standard Reading crap performance.

Lol

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 31 Mar 2012 19:39

manny96 Oh and Lawrenson predicts without giving it any thought that Southampton will finish champions. He can keep saying that as far as I'm concerned.

Isn't all this sock related hilarity just a tad childish?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 31 Mar 2012 19:40

Einstein agogo BTW Our away support is magnificent .... good show.

Best by far!

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 31 Mar 2012 19:40

Arnie_Pie I am actually nursing a semi.

Lol

manny96

by manny96 » 31 Mar 2012 19:40

Simon's Church This is a brilliant match thread, the excitement then despair at 1-0 then the result and West HaMONG fans comments and this is partuclar has given me a geniuine LOL
postwhisperer thats what im talking about get the fvck in fvck u london crap eaters. fvck negative nancies need to get the fvck out. halftime one down i dont fvckin think so :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I logged on and read it from start to finish just to see how it felt for everyone at their computers...and it was a pretty fair assessment, albeit amplified through the nonsense-ometer which gets applied to any comment as it enters into the interspaz ether.

manny96

by manny96 » 31 Mar 2012 19:41

Pseud O'Nym

Isn't all this sock related hilarity just a tad childish?

Nice.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 31 Mar 2012 19:42

Sebastian That was sooooo offside

Paused it on sky+ and genuinely say he was level when pass made.

robbieroyal

by robbieroyal » 31 Mar 2012 19:43

Cant believe how much of a cnut Nolan is!!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 31 Mar 2012 19:44

strap

Of course Lawro conveniently forgets we have to go to Soton, and when we win we leap frog them.

I suspect that's precisely the reason why he DID predict with confidence that they would be Champions.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 31 Mar 2012 20:06

phil in cornwall Saints fans outsinging Blackpool despite being 0-3 down.

How many points do they get for that?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 31 Mar 2012 20:33

Avon Royal Credit where credit is due, this I one of the best posts on an Internet football forum I've ever read.

From KUMB:

Embarrasing that many can't or won't give credit to Reading. You don't win 4-2 unless you've done something right.

Where's the grace on this thread? I thought we're West Ham, fans who can see the bigger picture of football and who appreciate that there are other clubs out there..

We have no divine right to success (not in my lifetime anyway!) but we are West Ham and results, never, NEVER control us.

Rise above it, accept defeat, applaud the victor (D. Tblisi anyone??) and move on.

It's all about the match day experience and the play offs will be a great laugh. I just hope I need 3 tickets, not 2...

I was at that Dynamo Tblisi game :shock: :shock: :shock: 8) 8)

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 31 Mar 2012 20:37

Here's their match thread from kickoff. Makes for some great reading :lol:

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... &start=300

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 31 Mar 2012 20:41

SLAMMED Here's their match thread from kickoff. Makes for some great reading :lol:

One of them was over optimistic:

Bloody typical. Piss all over them all half and go in 1-1

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 31 Mar 2012 20:43

RoyalBlue
SLAMMED Here's their match thread from kickoff. Makes for some great reading :lol:

One of them was over optimistic:

Bloody typical. Piss all over them all half and go in 1-1

When we scored our 4th:

**** this I'm going to hoover the stairs

:lol: :lol: :lol:

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 01 Apr 2012 00:28

Ill be objective on what i thought of the game as i watched the whole thing live online - except i lost connection for our first 2 goals - grr!

1st half - dominated by Wet Sham in terms of possession but as someone said very little penetration and hardly any chances except the goal - if Wet Sham think thats domination then they must have shit in their eyes as the quality was dire. Reading were terrible for the first 20 mins, probably our worst start to a game for 20+ games. Despite We t Sham dominating Hunt was unlucky not to score on 30ish mins. Against the run of play we equalised, then we got a 2nd - couldnt believe it - total smash and grab.

2nd half was fairly even in possession but with Wet Sham having to come at us, that played into our hands and we could have had 2-3 more. 5th for looked just out. Penalty was a stone wall pen.

As for stupid Wet Sham fans - they just sound like a bunch of babies who cant accept defeat gracefully. To say they played off the park is laughable- dominated possesision but did little with it is more like it - weve been robbed several times this season but you dont hear us whining much - Crystal P away-perfectly good winning goal disallowed, Hull goal at home was miles offside - but then again weve had fortunate moments - mcanuff hitting both posts but fall nicely to harte for goal v blackpool, millwall goal looked offside as near identical to the hull's goal against us

As some for Royals fans, get a grip its a great day but weve just won a game and won 3 points, we are only 4 points ahead and weve still got 6 more cup finals to go and need to beat leeds otherwise this Wet Sham result means little - i really hope we can do it as i dread going into the playoffs again - seen every one so far so thats a no thanks - would be incredible if we could win it when you look at where we were after 6 games and then 20 or so games in (but id be happy with 2nd)!!!!

Come on U Rs

Hunt is this seasons Long - he has improved massively especially since Roberts has joined.

Makes you wonder why Wet Sham didnt get Roberts as they splashed plenty of cash

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 Apr 2012 08:33

Are you Spacey in disguise?

623 posts