Thames Sports Investment

5145 posts
1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by 1871 Royal » 06 Apr 2012 23:38

Its seems like that, but only LOLosers post on a friday night! People should be out banging every girl that moves.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 06 Apr 2012 23:39

kantrad1cktion. :lol:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 07 Apr 2012 08:10

No Fixed Abode kantrad1cktion. :lol:

Hi Keslar - remind me again who owns Chelsea? Oh yeah, a Russian "crook" - nice one m9.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 07 Apr 2012 14:29

Update

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... c_takeover

Sir John Madejski has hinted that Anton Zingarevich’s impending takeover at Reading is being held up by Football League checks.

Zingarevich’s 51 per cent buyout for £25million was due to be completed by March 31, but has rumbled on into April due to the amount of time taken to complete the Owners and Directors test.

Russian millionaire Zingarevich, 30, was at Madejski Stadium to see Royals briefly top the Championship table following their 2-0 win over Leeds United on Good Friday.

And chairman Sir John, who will remain on the board until at least 2014, said he hoped the deal would be concluded before the end of the season on April 28.

When asked about the delay, Sir John said: “Basically, it's things outside Anton's control and mine.

“They (the Football League) have to do their digging and delving and because of so many clubs being sold to people they have to make sure they get it right and I think that's what the hold up is.

“Everybody is being ultra careful. I haven't spent 20 plus years here to let the thing go down the drain.

“I have every confidence they will come through and the deal will be done with a great new owner.

“I think it's great I've been able to take the club so far and we now have people with deep pockets. I've always said I would be willing to step down if I found people to take it further than I can.

“They have ambitious plans for Reading Football Club, which is great.

“They don't want to change the ethos. They want to keep the same staff, the way we play and the way we do things. They want to do the job properly and what more could you ask for?

“They're gagging to get it consummated and I'm just so pleased it's going so well at the moment. A happy seller and a happy buyer is what you need and this is what we're getting.”

Royals, equal on 79 points with leaders Southampton following their 2-2 drew with rivals Portsmouth on Saturday, were last promoted to the Premier League six years ago.

And Sir John believes there is one special indication that is pointing to another return to the top flight.

He added: “When I last did the marathon in 2006 we were promoted. I did it again this year and that's the omen I'm looking for.

“We look like a Premier League team and we look like a winning team - we're going somewhere.”

yuomi

by yuomi » 07 Apr 2012 14:38

given whats going on at rangers and elsewhere i find this news pretty comforting. its nice to know that a fit and proper test is based on something more than the quality of the restaurant the individual treats the FA to, as seems to have been the case before (carson yeung). added to the fact that its actually zinger's dad's money and not his own of course... :wink:

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 07 Apr 2012 16:46

“They're gagging to get it consummated and I'm just so pleased it's going so well at the moment. A happy seller and a happy buyer is what you need and this is what we're getting.”

:shock:

Sounds like some of the negotiations were held on the Oxford Road.......

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 07 Apr 2012 18:58

Re: Going Cat 1

"After much speculation, looks certain now that Reserve League will be scrapped and replaced by new U21 League next term. U21 League will consist of all clubs rated 'category 1' academy under EPP. New U18 setup will also come in, under same rules. Clubs will be allowed to field a few over age players in U21 League, including first-team players, but no idea how many yet. Intriguing."

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 07 Apr 2012 21:54

^ I read that earlier and thought that was a great idea.

A proper u21's league will hopefully have a bit more challenge in it than the reserve league currently has.

Do the football league normally spend as long as this on the ratification process? Seems most buy outs go through quickly, or is it just because this was announced very early because the news leaked?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 07 Apr 2012 22:04

Isnt it invitation only at the moment tho

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 08 Apr 2012 05:02

Mr Angry “They're gagging to get it consummated and I'm just so pleased it's going so well at the moment. A happy seller and a happy buyer is what you need and this is what we're getting.”

:shock:

That made me titter, too, when I read it..... I can just picture a florid Mad Man foaming at the mouth saying: "gagging to get it consummated".... Nice.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 08 Apr 2012 06:25

ZacNaloen ^ I read that earlier and thought that was a great idea.

A proper u21's league will hopefully have a bit more challenge in it than the reserve league currently has.

Do the football league normally spend as long as this on the ratification process? Seems most buy outs go through quickly, or is it just because this was announced very early because the news leaked?

..I'd rather the football league turn over every stone needed to ensure that the buyer fits the bill and took as long as was needed to do that....they've fouled up many a time with this process with Pompey for example...better safe than sorry....

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 08 Apr 2012 06:33

Numbers wrong I hope

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... eover.html

On phone so can't quote but £25m for the whole deal?

Cypry

by Cypry » 08 Apr 2012 06:43

That Friday Feeling Numbers wrong I hope

Nope, reckon that's probably right you need to remember that the club owes SJM £28M or thereabouts in his chairmans loans. So they're buying a club for £25M but also inheriting £28M in debt (I assume a big chunk of which, if not all of it, will be paid back to SJM). That effectively values the total assets of the club at a bit over £50M, which probably isn't too far wide of the mark...

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 08 Apr 2012 09:21

SJM sounding like a very happy Easter Bunny on Radio 5Live this morning.

(I woke up to his dulcet tones so don't ask me to repeat what he said - but it was all very positive about Anton and the deal...)

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 08 Apr 2012 09:40

Royal Rother SJM sounding like a very happy Easter Bunny on Radio 5Live this morning.

(I woke up to his dulcet tones so don't ask me to repeat what he said - but it was all very positive about Anton and the deal...)

Good on them both, Anton and Sir John. Fast looking like everyone's a winner out of this.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 08 Apr 2012 09:57

Stuka everyone's a winner

That's no lie (yes no lie)

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 08 Apr 2012 10:02

Cypry
That Friday Feeling Numbers wrong I hope

Nope, reckon that's probably right you need to remember that the club owes SJM £28M or thereabouts in his chairmans loans. So they're buying a club for £25M but also inheriting £28M in debt (I assume a big chunk of which, if not all of it, will be paid back to SJM). That effectively values the total assets of the club at a bit over £50M, which probably isn't too far wide of the mark...

The only owner of a football club to ask for his investment in the club back. What a businessman!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Apr 2012 14:51

What nonsense.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 08 Apr 2012 14:59

Man Friday The only owner of a football club to ask for his investment in the club back. What a businessman!

A return on his investment over the last 20 years? How dare he contemplate this!
Last edited by Uke on 08 Apr 2012 15:10, edited 1 time in total.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 08 Apr 2012 15:08

Man Friday The only owner of a football club to ask for his investment in the club back. What a businessman!

Would you care to name the owners who have sold clubs as going concerns, with good prospects, who didn't at the very least get their money back?

5145 posts