Hob Nob Legend

Re: Southampton (A) Predictions

by Snowball » 13 Apr 2012 18:39

Do it for jem!!

Come on Tabby!

PS I feel sick with nerves

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 13 Apr 2012 20:23

I say 3-1 Reading with the Saints dominating for long stretches but Federici standing on his head and Alf scoring the go-ahead goal on the counter attack to take a 2-1 lead. Afobe hits them with a late goal to put them away.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 13 Apr 2012 20:27

I can still win this.

CavershamRoyal

by CavershamRoyal » 13 Apr 2012 20:36

CavershamRoyal Got a weird feeling about this.

Reading 3-1 Soton

Harte
Gorkss
Hunt

Lambert

8)

Completely wrong scorers, but I'll take it.

arthurfondrelli

by arthurfondrelli » 13 Apr 2012 21:09

arthurfondrelli Saints 1-2 Reading

Gorkss
Church

Pretty much spot on

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 13 Apr 2012 21:10

arthurfondrelli

Gorkss
Church

Pretty much spot on

APART FROM THE SCORE AND SCORERS

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 13 Apr 2012 21:10

Snowball
arthurfondrelli

Gorkss
Church

Pretty much spot on

APART FROM THE SCORE AND SCORERS

:lol:

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 13 Apr 2012 21:11

CavershamRoyal > arthurfondrelli

arthurfondrelli

by arthurfondrelli » 13 Apr 2012 21:13

Whore Jackie CavershamRoyal > arthurfondrelli

Debatable

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 14 Apr 2012 00:38

Maguire
Snowball The "easily" (meaning it wouldn't be that surprising) could go like this.

1. Lose away to Southampton who are top of the league, with a fantastic striker and a great home record. 50% possibility?

2. Draw at home against a side in good recent form who have won 3 from their last six away. 50% possibility?

3. Win versus Palace. 90% Likely

4. Lose at Birmingham, a seriously good side with a very good home record. 50% possibility?

None of those results would be "surprises". I hope we win next four, but those who are nervous are right to be.

It COULD turn so quickly. Add in (possibly) last-minute nerves and injuries or poor decisions, bad luck

:shock:

Who thinks Forest have a 50% chance of drawing away at Reading? That's mental, no bookmaker in the world will reflect that. Reading will be odds on to win that game, far more so than Saints are to win tonight.

90% likely to beat Palace? That's also mental.

Nobody's disputing it's mathematically possible to only get 4pts but it's not exactly likely and certainly not easily going to happen.

Chill the fukk out everyone.

LOL@you

Totally vindicated, barring a miracle

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 14 Apr 2012 00:39

Maguire Saints 1-2 Royals

Okay, there was a late change to this and i got a scorer wrong but i'll take it overall

royalhaven

by royalhaven » 14 Apr 2012 00:51

seahawk10 I say 3-1 Reading with the Saints dominating for long stretches but Federici standing on his head and Alf scoring the go-ahead goal on the counter attack to take a 2-1 lead. Afobe hits them with a late goal to put them away.

Takes It! Not sure about the Feds bit but really near prescient. Kudos sir :)

Blue_White_Blood

by Blue_White_Blood » 14 Apr 2012 00:56

To all the hobnobheds on here, that were saying they were gonne demolish us! I say this.......
Don't watch haters trying to bring you down, Keep your head up high and your middle finger higher

dantheloyalroyal

by dantheloyalroyal » 14 Apr 2012 01:00

Blue_White_Blood To all the hobnobheds on here, that were saying they were gonne demolish us! I say this.......
Don't watch haters trying to bring you down, Keep your head up high and your middle finger higher
As gahey as that was, agreed.

"Reading have the toughest run in of the top three." Yes, maybe, but Reading weren't second going into these games for no reason. In terms of digging out a result, slugging through when the backs are against the wall, Reading are second to none this season in the Championship, perhaps the whole country.

If it were Manchester United, pundits would be jizzing over them saying "that's what champions are made of." Too soon to say the same about Reading? No way is it. Over 43 games Reading are the best side in the Championship. 'Nuff said.

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 14 Apr 2012 08:50

1871 Royal Away win.

8)

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 14 Apr 2012 09:00

chilipepper91 Southampton 3-1 Reading

:?

:mrgreen:

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 14 Apr 2012 09:09

Maguire
Maguire
Snowball The "easily" (meaning it wouldn't be that surprising) could go like this.

1. Lose away to Southampton who are top of the league, with a fantastic striker and a great home record. 50% possibility?

2. Draw at home against a side in good recent form who have won 3 from their last six away. 50% possibility?

4. Lose at Birmingham, a seriously good side with a very good home record. 50% possibility?

None of those results would be "surprises". I hope we win next four, but those who are nervous are right to be.

It COULD turn so quickly. Add in (possibly) last-minute nerves and injuries or poor decisions, bad luck

Who thinks Forest have a 50% chance of drawing away at Reading? That's mental, no bookmaker in the world will reflect that. Reading will be odds on to win that game, far more so than Saints are to win tonight.

Nobody's disputing it's mathematically possible to only get 4pts but it's not exactly likely and certainly not easily going to happen.

LOL@you

Vindicated, my @rse.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 14 Apr 2012 09:18

Maguire
Maguire

LOL@you

Idiot. Snowball was simply pointing out the likely scenarios - NOT WHAT HE WANTS TO HAPPEN. Snowball would no doubt be as happy as you to be proved wrong. Thankfully this Reading side are a Miracle Team. Mind you, we're not there yet so save your gloating.

royalZILLAAA

by royalZILLAAA » 14 Apr 2012 10:10

URZZ
royalZILLAAA Wild high-scorer:

saints 3-3 reading

ricky lambert seals his brace in the 87th min to draw level from 1-3.
Everyone's still pretty happy and both sets of fans enjoy a song and a dance about next year.

If we lose a 3-1 lead tonight I will be fcuked off!!

Yeah, on reflection I definitely wouldn't have felt 'pretty happy' if we'd drawn that one in the end.

As it is i'm oxf*rd ecstatic!

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 14 Apr 2012 10:18

Snowball
Maguire
Maguire :shock:

LOL@you

Vindicated, my @rse.

Forest 50% likely to get a draw :lol:

There's no vindication in the world for that statement (yes, including a Forest draw).