Horrible feeling about this season...

314 posts
West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Horrible feeling about this season...

by West Stand Man » 14 Apr 2012 16:38

postwhisperer
FiNeRaIn I'll be honest, im gearing myself up for double disappointment. You just KNOW this'll be the birmingham season all over again. We'll get fvcked out of second place by the horrible mercenaries west ham and their 9 strikers and then lose to someone shite in the play-offs because we are gutted on missing out on second. In a way I hope we lose the next 5/6 and then make a late surge back into the play-offs with momentum.

Saints are out of reach, they keep getting lucky breaks and are a one man unit, unless lambert gets injured they will win it.

Yes finerain you are a negative twat, bla bla bla but i KNOW some of you feel exactly the same and you can see it coming too.

I hope someone bumps this to prove me wrong if it happens...but im dreading it tbh.

WOW you are SUCH AN IDIOT!!! WOW! omg how did this got get deleted for trolling u stupid litlte MORAN. ugh people like you make me sick. i dont have time to post a full rebuttal as i am too busy scouring kumb and twitter for bitter posts made by west ham and southampton fans and they have the temerity to call me obsessed HAHA. b1tch we got our own mercenaries ur blind a$$ didnt see that $h1t coming now ROFL

Villages and missing idiots come to mind.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Apr 2012 17:46

postwhisperer
FiNeRaIn I'll be honest, im gearing myself up for double disappointment. You just KNOW this'll be the birmingham season all over again. We'll get fvcked out of second place by the horrible mercenaries west ham and their 9 strikers and then lose to someone shite in the play-offs because we are gutted on missing out on second. In a way I hope we lose the next 5/6 and then make a late surge back into the play-offs with momentum.

Saints are out of reach, they keep getting lucky breaks and are a one man unit, unless lambert gets injured they will win it.

Yes finerain you are a negative twat, bla bla bla but i KNOW some of you feel exactly the same and you can see it coming too.

I hope someone bumps this to prove me wrong if it happens...but im dreading it tbh.

WOW you are SUCH AN IDIOT!!! WOW! omg how did this got get deleted for trolling u stupid litlte MORAN. ugh people like you make me sick. i dont have time to post a full rebuttal as i am too busy scouring kumb and twitter for bitter posts made by west ham and southampton fans and they have the temerity to call me obsessed HAHA. b1tch we got our own mercenaries ur blind a$$ didnt see that $h1t coming now ROFL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9dg2EZeZf8

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 14 Apr 2012 18:04

Despite them being third favourites, if I was a West Ham supporter I'd be perking up a lot now.

They won away 4-0, fought back well to get a 3-3 draw v Birmingham and now win 6-0
taking a MASSIVE chunk out of Southampton's lead, and making us a tad more nervous.

Should they win 2-0 or 3-0 on Tuesday the pressure will be very much on Reading and Saints,
one slip and they will be ready to pounce.

I would not be surprised to see West Ham nick an automatic place, even if right this second it isn't likely.

They have WDW 13-3 their last 3 games, while Saints are LDWL 5-8 for their last 4
so relatively they are on the up. Saints will be very worried, and we aren't up yet.

West Ham
A Bristol
A Leicester
H Hull

Saints
A Peterborough
A Middlesbrough
H Coventry

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 14 Apr 2012 18:08

Snowball Despite them being third favourites, if I was a West Ham supporter I'd be perking up a lot now.

They won away 4-0, fought back well to get a 3-3 draw v Birmingham and now win 6-0
taking a MASSIVE chunk out of Southampton's lead, and making us a tad more nervous.

Should they win 2-0 or 3-0 on Tuesday the pressure will be very much on Reading and Saints,

It wont put us under pressure! If we win Tuesday then all we need from the other two is a point. We have back-to-back home games, very winnable home games they are too. Saints however will be bricking it tonight!

jazz

by jazz » 14 Apr 2012 18:14

Chickens should not be counted yet. WHU have 3 definitely winnable games if their form at the Seagulls today continues. We still might be sweating out that last day at St Andrews.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 14 Apr 2012 18:17

Did he actually say the pressure will be very much on us if West Ham win well on Tuesday?

Good grief...

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 14 Apr 2012 18:22

Snowball Despite them being third favourites, if I was a West Ham supporter I'd be perking up a lot now.

Really? I'd be feeling gutted that we'd started playing a couple of weeks too late.

They might catch Saints - we'll have to see how Southampton bounce back from Friday night. Clearly 7 points from those 3 shouldn't be too difficult.

As for us, come on. The GD situation was largely going to go against us anyway, and I doubt any of us envisaged winning promotion without getting 4 points from the next two home games. It's remarkable that we could actually now lose one of them (win the other) and still have the luxury of needing only a draw from the last game. And that's if West Ham win their remaining fixtures.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 14 Apr 2012 18:25

Why does Wham winning today put us under any more pressure than we were under at 3pm this afternoon?

Everything that has happened for the last 5 months suggests pretty strongly that the next game isn't going to be any different; we will go out to win it.

After a season full of literally pages and pages of utterly trivial and meaningless tables of self selected bogus statistical analysis, it all comes down to this, rather simple to grasp statistic; 4 points from our last 2 home games and we are up.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 14 Apr 2012 18:26

Lets just get those points early and make the Brum game a total party. I do not want a squeaky bum time on the last day of the season.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 14 Apr 2012 18:28

I would not be surprised to see West Ham nick an automatic place, even if right this second it isn't likely.

They have WDW 13-3 their last 3 games, while Saints are LDWL 5-8 for their last 4
so relatively they are on the up. Saints will be very worried, and we aren't up yet.

West Ham
A Bristol
A Leicester
H Hull

Saints
A Peterborough
A Middlesbrough
H Coventry

What West Ham do is now irrelevant to us now. 4 points = job done! Your stat nonsense can be trashed.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 14 Apr 2012 18:30

jazz Chickens should not be counted yet. WHU have 3 definitely winnable games if their form at the Seagulls today continues. We still might be sweating out that last day at St Andrews.

Agreed, however we have two very winnable home games and 4 points will do. It may work out that one more win will do it for us.

Less nerves and more "we've won the f**king league, come on" please.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 14 Apr 2012 18:32

Royal Rother Did he actually say the pressure will be very much on us if West Ham win well on Tuesday?

Good grief...

lol, its barmy isnt it?

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 14 Apr 2012 18:37

The players will want to be Champions.

Roberts has never been promoted as a champion and he wants it to happen.

Jimmy wants to be a Champion and as we all know

what Jimmy wants, Jimmy gets
Last edited by No Hoops on 14 Apr 2012 18:40, edited 1 time in total.

RockheadRumple

by RockheadRumple » 14 Apr 2012 18:39

Friday's Legacy
jazz Chickens should not be counted yet. WHU have 3 definitely winnable games if their form at the Seagulls today continues. We still might be sweating out that last day at St Andrews.

Agreed, however we have two very winnable home games and 4 points will do. It may work out that one more win will do it for us.

Less nerves and more "we've won the f**king league, come on" please.

:lol:

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 15 Apr 2012 11:57

robinsfriday
FiNeRaIn I don't believe for a second that you or man friday are anywhere near as confident you are making out, if so, you obviously haven't been watching Reading for as long as some here, we always get oxf*rd out of it.

I would LOVE absolutely LOVE to be wrong and be called out for this post in the summer.

You've got the wrong person. I'm NOT confident. I'm definitely in the non-counting chickens camp.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 15 Apr 2012 12:07

Royal Rother Did he actually say the pressure will be very much on us if West Ham win well on Tuesday?

Good grief...

No, he said

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 15 Apr 2012 12:08

"You said A was true."

"Har har, actually I think you find I said A and B are true. So there"

:roll:

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 15 Apr 2012 12:23

RobRoyal

Really? I'd be feeling gutted that we'd started playing a couple of weeks too late.

They have been playing well, but choking at home, one defeat in 15 games (to Reading)

H 2-1 Millwall
H 1-1 Southampton
H 0-0 Crystal Palace
H 1-1 Watford
H 1-1 Doncaster
H 1-1 Middlesbrough
H 2-4 Reading
H 3-3 Birmingham
H 6-0 Brighton

W2 D6 L1 17-12 GD +5

A 4-1 Blackpool
A 2-0 Cardiff
A 1-1 Leeds
A 2-2 Burnley
A 2-0 Peterborough
A 4-0 Barnsley

P6 W4 D2 L0 15-4

W6 D8 L1 32-16 Overall

26 Points from 15 Games 1.73 ppg even with all those draws

They might catch Saints - we'll have to see how Southampton bounce back from Friday night. Clearly 7 points from those 3 shouldn't be too difficult.

As for us, come on. The GD situation was largely going to go against us anyway, and I doubt any of us envisaged winning promotion without getting 4 points from the next two home games.
It's remarkable that we could actually now lose one of them (win the other) and still have the luxury of needing only a draw from the last game.

That isn't a luxury. We do NOT want to go to Birmingham, needing a result!!

We need to DW the two home games, be up and be going to Birmingham trying to win the title.

And that's if West Ham win their remaining fixtures.

They are a very VERY good away side W12 D5 L4 37-20 and [b]could win their next two, then beat Hull

Obviously, I hope they don't but I DO think they are going to go up, probably in automatic, most likely at the expense of Saints[/b]

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 15 Apr 2012 12:35

How can you put a bet on Reading not getting promoted?

Someone suggested that if you put £8 down on Reading getting promoted, you'd get £100 if they didn't. I don't think that's how it works. Put £8 down and if Reading don't get promoted you lose your bet, only winning £1 if they do...

Can someone help me out here because I'm keen on this type of insurance policy - if it exists.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 15 Apr 2012 12:36

I don't think you can vote against people getting promoted.

314 posts