Back from the game (or Watching Sky)

227 posts
urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

Re: Back from the game (or Watching Sky)

by urz13 » 14 Apr 2012 11:20

lowerwestjnr
loyalroyal4life
lowerwestjnr Best night ever. I love ReadingFC so much, last night summed up how we have such a strong team spirit and play for each other.

Still can't believe it, anyone know where I can watch the game back online? Forgot to tape it on sky and it doesnt look like they are repeating it today

If I wasn't skint, i'd get Reading player for it. If you can afford the subscription then get that.

If you have an iPod touch or iPhone, download the football league clubs app. Then you can pay £1.49 for a month of 'video clips' which are what Reading player uploads. The full game (including the Sky punditry) will be uploaded by Sunday.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 14 Apr 2012 11:20

LoyalRoyal22
The night will live with me forever, feel like the wembley demon is being put to bed. We are so close to promotion, but the title is still in the balance

Agreed.

And Saints are 4-1

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 14 Apr 2012 11:31

Every cross Kebe has missed this season was worth it for that cross for Roberts goal. Sensational.

And ALF is a Reading player to the core.

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 14 Apr 2012 11:58

Dear 'Toughest Run-In',

ALOL

Regards,
Reading FC

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 14 Apr 2012 12:00

BBC stats say we only committed 4 fouls during the game.

That's a splendid endorsement of everything RFC stands for. Far play, honesty, integrity etc. I'm going OTT now aren't I?

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 14 Apr 2012 13:15

Extended-Phenotype Every cross Kebe has missed this season was worth it for that cross for Roberts goal. Sensational.

I thought Kebe was pretty dross.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 14 Apr 2012 13:25

Royal Rother BBC stats say we only committed 4 fouls during the game.

That's a splendid endorsement of everything RFC stands for. Far play, honesty, integrity etc. I'm going OTT now aren't I?

Aint top of the fair play league with no sending offs for nothing!

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 14 Apr 2012 13:26

And in the closing moments, Le Fondre sealed the victory after rounding Kelvin Davis before firing into the empty net to send the away fans into delirium.

8)

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 14 Apr 2012 14:00

Bumped into two Saints friends after the game,a mother and daughter,who have been to every single game this season.
They are now very worried (away games at Peterboro and Middlesboro to come as well as Coventry desperate to stay up) and think it might now just be the play-offs (they are even more pessimistic than me about their own team which takes some doing!!).
When I first moved down this way Saints were a top level club and have been there for most of that time.
Reading,apart from that brief stay in the Premiership,were just a little club up north that had a funny-named stadium.
Even after selling all of their best players after being relegated they still didn't lose against us.
Last night was the night I had been waiting for (that home league cup win at Elm Park didn't count for much) over such a long period (41 years)and it was well worth the wait.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 14 Apr 2012 17:22

Just remembered-saw a book shop near the ground called Ellwoods-Snowball would have loved it and started doing stats in relation to how many people go in there,how many buy anything and how many assists there were in buying books.

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 14 Apr 2012 17:28

About the changes to the top of the league chant, chant of the night was a response from saints at 1-1 when we replied with 'we set the record' 'We are Southampton, We don't give a oxf*rd.' made me :lol:

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 15 Apr 2012 08:40

Apologies if this is a whoosh but having just seen the OPTA stats on the game.

Passes
Southampton 587
Reading 222

Total Crosses
Southampton 42
Reading 7

Possession
Southampton 72.5
Reading 27.5

Fouls
Southampton 13
Reading 4

Obviously the only stat that matters is the number of goals but I didn't think we were quite that dominated.

Shows how effective we are on the break and also how well disciplined we continue to be.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Apr 2012 09:31

parky About the changes to the top of the league chant, chant of the night was a response from saints at 1-1 when we replied with 'we set the record' 'We are Southampton, We don't give a oxf*rd.' made me :lol:

This from after the game at the Mad Stad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ2lseUdf4Q

Looks like the bloke had the last laugh after all!

Riseley
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Riseley » 15 Apr 2012 09:42

Have a bad case of sore neck after being buried under a sea of bodies when the third went in. My location next to the segregation netting left me no room to avoid the hysterical anger of the saints fans at the end of the game but work in Southampton was great fun on Saturday.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 15 Apr 2012 11:28

LoyalRoyalFan
Extended-Phenotype Every cross Kebe has missed this season was worth it for that cross for Roberts goal. Sensational.

How can you say that. Two assists, one very good, the other amazing

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 15 Apr 2012 11:36

SydenhamRoyal
LoyalRoyalFan

How can you say that. Two assists, one very good, the other amazing

Apart from that he did naff all.

No tracking back either.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 15 Apr 2012 11:38

Are you kidding? he blocked a cross with his head back in our box in the second half :lol:
Last edited by ZacNaloen on 15 Apr 2012 11:44, edited 1 time in total.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 15 Apr 2012 11:42

One thing that has been noticeable with Kebe is that he provides the extra defensive cover, even if that is just so the back four can gain composure.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 15 Apr 2012 12:01

Wimb Apologies if this is a whoosh but having just seen the OPTA stats on the game.

Passes Southampton 587 Reading 222
Total Crosses Southampton 42 Reading 7
Possession Southampton 72.5 Reading 27.5
Fouls Southampton 13 Reading 4
Obviously the only stat that matters is the number of goals but I didn't think we were quite that dominated.
Shows how effective we are on the break and also how well disciplined we continue to be.

Was talking to my son this morning and we were saying how easily we could have lost these games

We averaged 45% possession over the three games (and that's the biased OS figures)

19 Shots 12 on Target - 01 Goals - - 06 Shots 04 On Target 03 Goals Southampton
13 Shots 07 on Target - 00 Goals - - 05 Shots 02 On Target 01 Goals Brighton
12 Shots 09 on Target - 02 Goals - - 11 Shots 08 On Target 04 Goals West Ham

44 Shots 28 on Target - 03 Goals - - 22 Shots 14 On Target 08 Goals TOTAL

Exactly half the shots of our opposition, exactly half as many on target, yet we scored 267% x their goals. Crazy!!

That is we were almost 5.4 times as efficient in converting chances, and all three of our opponents had off days in front of goal.

GREAT? Great RESULTS and I'm as thrilled as anyone else we got them, but overall there was an element of luck. West Ham played
us off the park for 30-40 minutes, and we could have lost the game in those minutes. Brighton dominated for almost the whole 90
and had we had Southampton's possession and shots and lost we'd've been mightily p!ssed.

When you are on a run and confidence is high, the luck runs with you too, and IMO we have had a huge chunk lately.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 15 Apr 2012 14:15

Snowball
Wimb Apologies if this is a whoosh but having just seen the OPTA stats on the game.

Passes Southampton 587 Reading 222
Total Crosses Southampton 42 Reading 7
Possession Southampton 72.5 Reading 27.5
Fouls Southampton 13 Reading 4

Was talking to my son this morning and we were saying how easily we could have lost these games

We averaged 45% possession over the three games (and that's the biased OS figures)

19 Shots 12 on Target - 01 Goals - - 06 Shots 04 On Target 03 Goals Southampton
13 Shots 07 on Target - 00 Goals - - 05 Shots 02 On Target 01 Goals Brighton
12 Shots 09 on Target - 02 Goals - - 11 Shots 08 On Target 04 Goals West Ham

44 Shots 28 on Target - 03 Goals - - 22 Shots 14 On Target 08 Goals TOTAL

Exactly half the shots of our opposition, exactly half as many on target, yet we scored 267% x their goals. Crazy!!

That is we were almost 5.4 times as efficient in converting chances, and all three of our opponents had off days in front of goal.

GREAT? Great RESULTS and I'm as thrilled as anyone else we got them, but overall there was an element of luck. West Ham played
us off the park for 30-40 minutes, and we could have lost the game in those minutes. Brighton dominated for almost the whole 90
and had we had Southampton's possession and shots and lost we'd've been mightily p!ssed.

When you are on a run and confidence is high, the luck runs with you too, and IMO we have had a huge chunk lately.

There is absolutely nothing lucky about the defending we have witnessed from our lot.
The fact that we've been played off the park stops 20/25 yards from goal.

227 posts