Back from the game (or Watching Sky)

227 posts
winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: Back from the game (or Watching Sky)

by winchester_royal » 15 Apr 2012 14:38

LoyalRoyalFan
Apart from that he did naff all.

No tracking back either.

:|

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 15 Apr 2012 14:49

winchester_royal
LoyalRoyalFan
Apart from that he did naff all.

No tracking back either.

:|

"loyal" royal. might i suggest a trip to the opticians tomorrow?

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 15 Apr 2012 15:03

lowerwestjnr Best night ever. I love ReadingFC so much, last night summed up how we have such a strong team spirit and play for each other.

Alive? Must head to AE .
#LWJPRAYER

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 15 Apr 2012 17:11

Reading, lucky in all of their last three games? Give it a rest. None of it was down to poor refereeing or controversial moments. We won fair and square in every game by being better than our opponents at winning football matches.

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 15 Apr 2012 17:13

Maguire Reading, lucky in all of their last three games? Give it a rest. None of it was down to poor refereeing or controversial moments. We won fair and square in every game by being better than our opponents at winning football matches.

think we may have been a little lucky at Brighton tbh

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 15 Apr 2012 17:20

Maguire Reading, lucky in all of their last three games? Give it a rest. None of it was down to poor refereeing or controversial moments. We won fair and square in every game by being better than our opponents at winning football matches.

Yeah, well put.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 15 Apr 2012 17:24

We were absolutely lucky at Brighton no question about that. That really was backs to the wall stuff.

As for being lucky at West Ham....well no way. Their heads went down at HT & 2nd half we were much the better side. Games are 90 mins long after all.

Saints can consider themselves unlucky not to have got a point IMO but at the end of the day you have to take your chances. Once they equalised it was an even game as it spurred us on. In theory that should have been a catalyst for them to get the winner but I can't recall many of their chances coming 2nd half at al. They were mainly in the 1st half other than the deflected equaliser obviously.

They didn't make the most of their 1st half dominance & that's what cost them.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Apr 2012 17:32

Haven't seen the game as I had to go to a Wedding, but adbsolutely delighted with the match three blinding goals from us. Feds no chance with theirs and some outstanding saves.

It doesn't sound lucky to me. We challenge the opposition to beat our defence or shoot long. Then we've got Fed in outstanding form, able to make fabulous saves. And defenders doing just enough to make it hard for attackers to get the space and time to pull the trigger effectively.

If anything, it looks to me like Saints were lucky to score one what with a cruel deflection. The fact of the matter is, you don't deserve to score, unless you put the ball in the net, it's the bare minimum of what's required. I don't care how tidy teams have looked against us, and how threatening they've been, how they've dictated the game and we've played poor passing football and little possession in midfield.

The fact is, we've won 13 of out last 15 games, only conceeded 10 goals and scored 32*. That my lovely fellow Royals, is very very very far from lucky.

Numbers possibly subject to minor counting errors: +/- 2. So kiss my ass pedants.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 15 Apr 2012 17:37

Ian Royal Haven't seen the game as I had to go to a Wedding, but adbsolutely delighted with the match three blinding goals from us. Feds no chance with theirs and some outstanding saves.

It doesn't sound lucky to me. We challenge the opposition to beat our defence or shoot long. Then we've got Fed in outstanding form, able to make fabulous saves. And defenders doing just enough to make it hard for attackers to get the space and time to pull the trigger effectively.

If anything, it looks to me like Saints were lucky to score one what with a cruel deflection. The fact of the matter is, you don't deserve to score, unless you put the ball in the net, it's the bare minimum of what's required. I don't care how tidy teams have looked against us, and how threatening they've been, how they've dictated the game and we've played poor passing football and little possession in midfield.

The fact is, we've won 13 of out last 15 games, only conceeded 10 goals and scored 32*. That my lovely fellow Royals, is very very very far from lucky.

Numbers possibly subject to minor counting errors: +/- 2. So kiss my ass pedants.

14 out of 16 actually

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 15 Apr 2012 17:43

He hasn't seen the last game though...

Royals-lad14

by Royals-lad14 » 15 Apr 2012 17:48

14 wins out of 16 is not lucky, its the sign of champions, brighton was the only game we got lucky

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Apr 2012 17:59

Chaney
Ian Royal Haven't seen the game as I had to go to a Wedding, but adbsolutely delighted with the match three blinding goals from us. Feds no chance with theirs and some outstanding saves.

14 out of 16 actually

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 15 Apr 2012 18:09

Wimb Apologies if this is a whoosh but having just seen the OPTA stats on the game.

Passes
Southampton 587
Reading 222

Total Crosses
Southampton 42
Reading 7

Possession
Southampton 72.5
Reading 27.5

Fouls
Southampton 13
Reading 4

Obviously the only stat that matters is the number of goals but I didn't think we were quite that dominated.

Shows how effective we are on the break and also how well disciplined we continue to be.

these kind of performances bode well for the prem if we get there, we'll need to do this fairly often

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 15 Apr 2012 19:12

Ian Royal

Apart from the fact we've won so many games you lost count and it is, indeed, 14 from 16, you are actually spot on.

Why do some of you keep banging on about luck when the evidence against is so glaringly obvious :| If we were under the cosh at Brighton it was only because a disgrace of a referee allowed Leeds United to crock half our team..............................Brighton were lucky to face such a weakened side especially given how poor they were against West Ham.

It's not about how much time you have in possession but what you do when you have the ball. On that basis we thoroughly deserves our wins at West Ham and Southampton whilst more than deserving any good fortune that came away at Brighton after being forced to field a patched up team.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Apr 2012 19:18

^ yep big up to te squad ethos (and Maccy D retaining their attention)

Brynjar take a massive bow.....when was the last time he played for us? when will he ever play for us again?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 15 Apr 2012 19:21

AthleticoSpizz ^ yep big up to te squad ethos (and Maccy D retaining their attention)

Brynjar take a massive bow.....when was the last time he played for us? when will he ever play for us again?

Didn't he play at Brighton ?

jazz

by jazz » 15 Apr 2012 19:42

Doing well in football is about winning football matches.

If a team wants to be attractive, stylish, admired for its elegant play, that's a different story. We are not on that page yet. Just wait for the story to unfold. Maybe it will or maybe the book will be remaindered. Let's wait and see. But get those 4 points first, that is all that matters right now.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Apr 2012 19:49

Franchise FC
AthleticoSpizz ^ yep big up to te squad ethos (and Maccy D retaining their attention)

Didn't he play at Brighton ?
Yes....that was my point

Cape Town Royal

by Cape Town Royal » 15 Apr 2012 20:05

I know its a bit late, but spent the game in the Southampton end, doing a few quiet fist pumps to the sound of muffled yessssssssss's...

Had this Yorkshire sounding ???? Southampton halfwit sat behind me slagging off everything RFC and the ref (who he claimed was bent), His favourite target was Roberts who must have done something to annoy this guy in a previous life, because everything he did was greeted with a verbal hammering...

So............. You can imagine my glee when Kebe crossed the ball (which we were right in line with) and said bad wolf cheating w***er nods calmly home and then runs over to our corner... As a true gentleman I just lean't back in my seat and smiled the big smile which said shove that where the sun rarely gets to you loudmouth ar**hole!!

To top a wonderful night, went down to get a the half time obligatories and ended up spending the entire half time chatting to Murts (worringly decked out in his new employers attire), whilst we waited for the slowest catering assistant in football history to get our drinks... Only grace was as a result of this guys snail pace, i missed their equaliser, which mean't as far i was concerned it was 3-0.. :)

By the time Alf knocked in number 3 i could shout as loud as i want because our section looked like it had been personally reserved for me, twas the number of empty seats by then.. Beautiful...

As for the players all brilliant, but Roberts was immense in that first half, some of his hold up play and closing down was absolutely for the cause stuff.. brilliant.. Second half, I thought we weathered it the longer the half went on, but Gorks and Pearce were strong when they needed to be...

Going back to the Kebe cross, can you remember a better cross from a Reading player, absolutely on the button for Roberts and totally took out the goalkeeper...

Only regret is not being in the away end, concourse scenes looked alot of fun...

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Apr 2012 20:10

Cape Town Royal I know its a bit late, but spent the game in the Southampton end, doing a few quiet fist pumps to the sound of muffled yessssssssss's...

Had this Yorkshire sounding ???? Southampton halfwit sat behind me slagging off everything RFC and the ref (who he claimed was bent), His favourite target was Roberts who must have done something to annoy this guy in a previous life, because everything he did was greeted with a verbal hammering...

So............. You can imagine my glee when Kebe crossed the ball (which we were right in line with) and said bad wolf cheating w***er nods calmly home and then runs over to our corner... As a true gentleman I just lean't back in my seat and smiled the big smile which said shove that where the sun rarely gets to you loudmouth ar**hole!!

To top a wonderful night, went down to get a the half time obligatories and ended up spending the entire half time chatting to Murts (worringly decked out in his new employers attire), whilst we waited for the slowest catering assistant in football history to get our drinks... Only grace was as a result of this guys snail pace, i missed their equaliser, which mean't as far i was concerned it was 3-0.. :)

By the time Alf knocked in number 3 i could shout as loud as i want because our section looked like it had been personally reserved for me, twas the number of empty seats by then.. Beautiful...

As for the players all brilliant, but Roberts was immense in that first half, some of his hold up play and closing down was absolutely for the cause stuff.. brilliant.. Second half, I thought we weathered it the longer the half went on, but Gorks and Pearce were strong when they needed to be...

Going back to the Kebe cross, can you remember a better cross from a Reading player, absolutely on the button for Roberts and totally took out the goalkeeper...

Only regret is not being in the away end, concourse scenes looked alot of fun...

The cross completely took out the central defender too. Harte can do that with a dead ball but to deliver such a cross on the run is masterful!

227 posts