Back from the game (or Watching Sky)

227 posts
Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Back from the game (or Watching Sky)

by Maguire » 16 Apr 2012 10:07

HoneyRoastHoax I can't remember who passed it but the pass to kebe for him to cross for Roberts was badly over hit

I don't think any of our players would of caught up with that apart from Kebe. If he hadn't of got hold of that it could of been a different game.

I know a lot of could of's but I just remember it and thought Kebe was bloody quick to get that ball

Yeah when watching live I had just enough time to think "Mullins you spack, that's an awful pass" before Jimbo saved the say with his jet heels.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 16 Apr 2012 10:12

Snowball
Maguire
muddyfeet think we may have been a little lucky at Brighton tbh

How? The free kick perhaps but thats it.

Didn't we also give away a stone-wall penalty (Gorkss on CMS) that wasn't given?

Wasn't there also a Reading handball in the box almost immediately after our goal?

Didn't Vincente get clean through and manage to hit the bar from 5 yards?

And we were lucky that on the day Brighton, normally quite clinical didn't have their shooting boots on

What a load of shit. if the guy hits the bar from 5 yards then he's not good enough at football, is he? That's not luck, the opposition weren't good enough. Pearce hit the bar when he'd score 8 times out of 10 - is that bad luck too? No, it's just that if he was a bit better he'd score 9 or 10 times out of ten.

Honestly Reading fans do my swede in. We've just beaten West Ham, Brighton, and Southampton away in succession. We're top of the league. We're almost certain to go up,. We've won 14 from the last 16 games (or whatever it is) and what do you all do? Say we're lucky.

Any other team's fans would be revelling in the victories, toasting the ability of their side and looking forward to promotion. Instead it's just a snivelling "we were so lucky" story from you lot.

We're not lucky, we're brilliant.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Apr 2012 10:18

This thread reminds me of Floyd__Streete - but he seems to have disappeared since predicting Leeds would beat us 1-0.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 Apr 2012 10:19

loyalroyal4life
HoneyRoastHoax I can't remember who passed it but the pass to kebe for him to cross for Roberts was badly over hit

I don't think any of our players would of caught up with that apart from Kebe. If he hadn't of got hold of that it could of been a different game.

I know a lot of could of's but I just remember it and thought Kebe was bloody quick to get that ball

Believe it was Mullins!

All this talk regarding Kebe, yes he may not have had one of his better games but he did assist 2 out of 3 goals and was back tracking and heading the ball out in the dying stages, all important contributions i would say!

It was Mullins and I don't believe he overhit the ball at all - he opened up his body and played a well weighted pass just in front of Kebe (I will watch the video again but am pretty sure that is correct).

Furthermore, when you are passing to someone like Kebe you do utilise his speed and play it in front of him for him to race onto. Why would you want to slow him/play up by not doing so?

West_Reading

by West_Reading » 16 Apr 2012 12:02

RoyalBlue
loyalroyal4life

Believe it was Mullins!

All this talk regarding Kebe, yes he may not have had one of his better games but he did assist 2 out of 3 goals and was back tracking and heading the ball out in the dying stages, all important contributions i would say!

It was Mullins and I don't believe he overhit the ball at all - he opened up his body and played a well weighted pass just in front of Kebe (I will watch the video again but am pretty sure that is correct).

Furthermore, when you are passing to someone like Kebe you do utilise his speed and play it in front of him for him to race onto. Why would you want to slow him/play up by not doing so?

+ 1. He played the ball almost inch perfect for any good winger to take a touch and whip it in. Furthermore he does brilliantly to hold off two challenges and get the ball out of his feet and play the pass.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 16 Apr 2012 12:04

Agreed. He was closed down quickly and did well to dig the ball out and feed Kebe.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 16 Apr 2012 12:08

The biggest annoyance I have with Kebe is that he always wants it to feet when it would be to his advantage for him to go off on a run and for the full-back/midfielder to play it behind the defender he's bombing at.

If he doesn't get to the ball chances are it's because he's been fouled, with his pace he could run round most full backs easily, and we get a free kick out of it anyway.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 16 Apr 2012 12:12

Mullins was slow on the ball, nearly got tackled, and the pressure led to him pushing Kebe right to the touchline. Should've been able to receive and spread play more easily than that.

Still, all worked out well because Jimbo somehow produced a goal ball.

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 16 Apr 2012 12:33

There you have it, though... People been asking for Kebe to produce just one excellent game before the end of the season and he pops up with two assists in one of the most important games.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 16 Apr 2012 13:34

M-U-R-T-Y There you have it, though... People been asking for Kebe to produce just one excellent game before the end of the season and he pops up with two assists in one of the most important games.

But he can play better than that, come on Jim hit the top of your game on tuesday night.

Venez sur Jimmy, mettez-vous derrière les défense

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 16 Apr 2012 13:49

Jimmy is completely fukked isnt he.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 16 Apr 2012 13:51

He's had strapping on his knee since Barnsley away.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 16 Apr 2012 13:53

The Rouge Jimmy is completely fukked isnt he.

Non il n'est, il fait juste qu'il veut

glenroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by glenroyal » 16 Apr 2012 14:15

Maguire Reading, lucky in all of their last three games? Give it a rest. None of it was down to poor refereeing or controversial moments. We won fair and square in every game by being better than our opponents at winning football matches.

Personally, I do believe we have had our share of luck the last few games in terms of incidents and decisions that could have gone either way. Snowball's stats don't actually prove anything either way - the same skewed posession and shots to goals could come from either quality or chance differences. We shoot when in positions more likely to score (or prefer to go for the line and force a corner rather than a speculative shot) and work harder not to waste the posession we have for example, not to mention defend better when opposition do get shooting opportunties.

In terms of knowing how to play with each other, and the spirit / confidence to make the best choices with our posession, we have a very impressive team right now, and as the Beeb's report on the Soton game said we have a "superb" defensive pair - to which I'd add great team defending too - even Kebe for example.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Apr 2012 14:19

We're not lucky, we're brilliant.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 16 Apr 2012 14:40

Maguire Mullins was slow on the ball, nearly got tackled, and the pressure led to him pushing Kebe right to the touchline. Should've been able to receive and spread play more easily than that.

But SURELY, since we are never lucky, that was a clever plan
and a brilliant, perfect pass to the super-fast Malian winger?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Apr 2012 14:41

ZZZzzz

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 16 Apr 2012 14:45

Wake up and pay attention

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Apr 2012 14:47

doesnt look like theres much worth looking at.

thanks for ruining my nap

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 16 Apr 2012 14:47

Snowball
Maguire Mullins was slow on the ball, nearly got tackled, and the pressure led to him pushing Kebe right to the touchline. Should've been able to receive and spread play more easily than that.

But SURELY, since we are never lucky, that was a clever plan
and a brilliant, perfect pass to the super-fast Malian winger?

What the actual fuck are you wittering on about now?

227 posts