Thames Sports Investment

5145 posts
Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by Arnie_Pie » 21 Apr 2012 18:37

Friday's Legacy One family; a millionaire son and his multi billionaire father. I'd favour that over a consortium of investors, or two many chefs as they say.

Absolutely. Big things are going to be happening to our little club and our new owners are making all the right noises.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Apr 2012 20:04

Royal Lady
Ian Royal
MmmMonsterMunch I really don't like the smell of all this. No smoke without fire. Just pull out John! Fcuk it we are PL now we don't need the cash as much.

Funny that no one has mentioned any of this until "little old" Reading get promoted. Shit stirring is what this is.

Feck it, if it all goes wrong and they're total crooks we can go out of business, start a phoenix club and rise up to League One within 10 - 15 years, no problems. But until someone can provide some evidence, rather than speculation about possible investigations that have gone nowhere, especially after the likes of Shinawatra and Yeoung were able to buy clubs no problem with massive criminal proceedings about to be begun... I won't be borrowing trouble.

I'm sure Samuelson will be suing them if it's all just "shit stirring" or maybe it hasn't been brought up until now because the Telegraph was making investigations? Who knows eh? .....

Why would he bother... Just ignore it and move on. But hey, you'll see the worst in whatever happens.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 21 Apr 2012 20:49

MmmMonsterMunch Isn't this guy now a board member though? He has been investigated by the FBI FFS!

Everyone is investigated by the FBI and the Criminals In Action. In fact they're probably monitoring you right now.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 21 Apr 2012 23:11

sandman
MmmMonsterMunch Isn't this guy now a board member though? He has been investigated by the FBI FFS!

Everyone is investigated by the FBI and the Criminals In Action. In fact they're probably monitoring you right now.

Oohh.........

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 21 Apr 2012 23:41

Royal Lady
Ian Royal
MmmMonsterMunch I really don't like the smell of all this. No smoke without fire. Just pull out John! Fcuk it we are PL now we don't need the cash as much.

Funny that no one has mentioned any of this until "little old" Reading get promoted. Shit stirring is what this is.

Feck it, if it all goes wrong and they're total crooks we can go out of business, start a phoenix club and rise up to League One within 10 - 15 years, no problems. But until someone can provide some evidence, rather than speculation about possible investigations that have gone nowhere, especially after the likes of Shinawatra and Yeoung were able to buy clubs no problem with massive criminal proceedings about to be begun... I won't be borrowing trouble.

I'm sure Samuelson will be suing them if it's all just "shit stirring" or maybe it hasn't been brought up until now because the Telegraph was making investigations? Who knows eh? .....

We're all dooooooomed...Jesus give it a rest and lay off the brandy. It's amazing how some of our fans are trying to turn the best thing to happen to the club in years into something negative.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 22 Apr 2012 00:01

Royalee
Royal Lady
Ian Royal

We're all dooooooomed...Jesus give it a rest and lay off the brandy. It's amazing how some of our fans are trying to turn the best thing to happen to the club in years into something negative.

hello..where have you been?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 22 Apr 2012 00:05

leon
hello..where have you been?

Where have I been? Posted a few times over the last few months, can't say I come on here as much as I used to though. Have you missed me?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 22 Apr 2012 10:28

Nice to see you too Royalee. :roll: I don't drink brandy btw. My post merely gave two options and then said who knows? So how that is negative I do not know. :roll:

Some people would do well to understand that it is possible for people to have opinions that are not 100% in line with your own and when that happens, you either have healthy debate or you agree to disagree and see what happens when it all comes out in the wash, so to speak. It's REALLY tiring being called a lush these days whenever I might say something that might be construed as at odds with what someone else thinks, however.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 22 Apr 2012 10:33

Royalee Have you missed me?

Did anyone hang your picture on the wall?

It's good to be back?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Apr 2012 10:42

Royal Lady Nice to see you too Royalee. :roll: I don't drink brandy btw. My post merely gave two options and then said who knows? So how that is negative I do not know. :roll:

Some people would do well to understand that it is possible for people to have opinions that are not 100% in line with your own and when that happens, you either have healthy debate or you agree to disagree and see what happens when it all comes out in the wash, so to speak. It's REALLY tiring being called a lush these days whenever I might say something that might be construed as at odds with what someone else thinks, however.

There was a clear implication that if he doesn't sue it's because it's true he's dodgy...

At the point where we are celebrating one the best times our club has ever seen, and one of the biggest and probably most positive changes the club has seen since Maxwell was stopped merging us with Oxford then fell off a boat and when Madejski bought the club... and you've spent the last few weeks trying to piss on the takeover parade, based on some rumour mongering hints from friends who probably aren't in the know, and a dodgy article in the Telegraph based on sweet FA.

Get over your conspiracy theory obsession, leave in the real world, and try and enjoy what's going to almost certainly be a brilliant move for Reading.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 22 Apr 2012 10:42

No surprises really. You don't get mega rich by helping old ladies cross the road.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 22 Apr 2012 10:44

...but either way, it won't and can't detract from us achieving promotion and being Champions.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 22 Apr 2012 13:23

Anyone else getting a little frustrated reading all these blogs and opinion pieces suggesting that if the premier league investigation isn't positive we won't be promoted. Doesn't take much research to realise madejski still owns reading and the deal still hasn't been finalised....

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 22 Apr 2012 13:26

ZacNaloen Anyone else getting a little frustrated reading all these blogs and opinion pieces suggesting that if the premier league investigation isn't positive we won't be promoted. Doesn't take much research to realise madejski still owns reading and the deal still hasn't been finalised....

why would they stop us being promoted?..they will just tell Anton he can`t take over, god forbid!

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 22 Apr 2012 13:29

Exactly.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 22 Apr 2012 13:52

I'm with you on this, Ian. The worst sort of discussions are those when the person losing says stuff like 'Yes but what you don't know is....' and then come up with some stuff which they promise is true, and have been told it by someone 'in the know', which may have a grain of truth, but almost certainly only expresses the opinion that they have.

Still, never mind - what will be will be.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 22 Apr 2012 14:09

Hampshire Royal I'm with you on this, Ian. The worst sort of discussions are those when the person losing says stuff like 'Yes but what you don't know is....' and then come up with some stuff which they promise is true, and have been told it by someone 'in the know', which may have a grain of truth, but almost certainly only expresses the opinion that they have.

Still, never mind - what will be will be.

Yes but what you don't know is that my mate Gwen in the ticket office has connections and I KNOW that things are going to be messy

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 22 Apr 2012 14:54

Man Friday No surprises really. You don't get mega rich by helping old ladies cross the road.

Dave Prowse did alright out of it.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 22 Apr 2012 16:24

soggy biscuit Yes but what you don't know is that my mate Gwen in the ticket office has connections and I KNOW that things are going to be messy

She's a coprophiliac?

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 22 Apr 2012 16:30

At the end of the day, it boils down to this; do you trust Sir John Madejski, the guy that saved the club from going under, who got us our fantastic stadium, 2 Championships and promotions to the Premier League, 3 Play-Off Finals, who has put the football club we all love on the Map and given us - and the Town - a genuine sense of pride, or not?

Personally, I do.

5145 posts