Trophy presentation

dantheloyalroyal

Trophy presentation

by dantheloyalroyal » 20 Apr 2012 17:57

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDet ... 82,00.html

Reading Football Club will embark on an open-top bus parade around the town on the afternoon of Sunday 29th April to celebrate our promotion back to the Premier League.

And, in addition, we will host a celebration event at Madejski Stadium when the players triumphantly return from their tour of the town later that afternoon, including the official trophy presentation and the announcement of your official Player of the Season for 2011/12!

Judging by this, even if Reading were to win the league, the presentation wont be done at the Birmingham away games? Seems ridiculous to me! Why can't they be presented with whatever silverware both at the Brum game and the following day?

Would also seem ridiculous to do an open-top bus parade without the silverware!

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Trophy presentation

by Compo's Hat » 20 Apr 2012 19:17

Disgrace if so!

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 20 Apr 2012 20:28

Very disappointing. The club have confirmed the trophy can't be lifted at Brum as per Football League's own safety policy. A stupid rule considering it's lifted home or away in the PL.

sheshnu

by sheshnu » 20 Apr 2012 20:47

Might have an unofficial presentation at Birmingham, if we win it. Maybe?

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 21 Apr 2012 05:34

sheshnu Might have an unofficial presentation at Birmingham, if we win it. Maybe?

Presentation of what?

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 21 Apr 2012 07:01

This

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 21 Apr 2012 07:07

Friday's Legacy Very disappointing. The club have confirmed the trophy can't be lifted at Brum as per Football League's own safety policy. A stupid rule considering it's lifted home or away in the PL.

But then the PL is the best league in the world and what SKY want SKY get.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 21 Apr 2012 08:04

I think it's wrong that it's not done at the end of the game if we do win it. Although on the other hand i won't be there as i'm at a wedding so it suits me on the Sunday. Shame really as it's tradition to do it on last game of the season or in front of the home fans on the last home game if it was confirmed before then.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 22 Apr 2012 15:50

So even the open top bus parade will be without a trophy then.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 22 Apr 2012 16:05

Compo's Hat So even the open top bus parade will be without a trophy then.

This must surely be changed around so the parade is actually with the trophy.

Trevor Senior's Gap

by Trevor Senior's Gap » 22 Apr 2012 16:39

Emailed football league to seek clarification of this and pointing out the idiocy of the situation, plus the hypocrisy of having a slogan of "real football, real fans" if they then shaft match going fans in this manner. Will be interesting to see what sort of reply I get.

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 22 Apr 2012 16:42

sheshnu Might have an unofficial presentation at Birmingham, if we win it. Maybe?

With an inflatable trophy?!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 Apr 2012 18:25

dantheloyalroyal http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~2742782,00.html

Reading Football Club will embark on an open-top bus parade around the town on the afternoon of Sunday 29th April to celebrate our promotion back to the Premier League.

And, in addition, we will host a celebration event at Madejski Stadium when the players triumphantly return from their tour of the town later that afternoon, including the official trophy presentation and the announcement of your official Player of the Season for 2011/12!

Judging by this, even if Reading were to win the league, the presentation wont be done at the Birmingham away games? Seems ridiculous to me! Why can't they be presented with whatever silverware both at the Brum game and the following day?

Leaving yesterday's game feeling slightly down we remarked that the open-top bus parade might seem a little flat if we didn't win the Championship and the players were therefore unable to display the trophy. We've now won the Championship and yet the players still won't have the trophy to display on the parade.

I can understand the logistical difficulties (assuming the League won't allow it to be presented at Brum) but maybe the trophy could be paraded in a separate vehicle at the head of the parade and then officially presented to the team at the Mad Stad.

dantheloyalroyal

by dantheloyalroyal » 22 Apr 2012 19:19

RoyalBlue
dantheloyalroyal http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~2742782,00.html

Leaving yesterday's game feeling slightly down we remarked that the open-top bus parade might seem a little flat if we didn't win the Championship and the players were therefore unable to display the trophy. We've now won the Championship and yet the players still won't have the trophy to display on the parade.

I can understand the logistical difficulties (assuming the League won't allow it to be presented at Brum) but maybe the trophy could be paraded in a separate vehicle at the head of the parade and then officially presented to the team at the Mad Stad.

I suppose having chased it for 45 games this season, the team wont mined chasing it around Reading town centre for a bit!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 22 Apr 2012 19:26

How bloody ridiculous! Still, I expect at least it will be good to have them parade it around the ground and their joy will be immediate - rather than having already been holding it aloft all round Reading and it being a bit of a damp squib by the time they get back to Stadium. Can't help thinking that if ruddy West Ham had won it, THEY'D be parading it around the streets of East London next Sunday. :evil:

Royal Tezza

by Royal Tezza » 22 Apr 2012 19:47

+1 for the general annoyance at not being able to lift it at St Andrews. Was really looking forward to it.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 22 Apr 2012 19:50

...a busy day next Sunday

Have any timings been released yet?

Optimist

by Optimist » 22 Apr 2012 19:54

Really p!ssed off! If I'm paying decent money to go to Birmingham for a meaningless game I expect there to be a trophy involved! Especially as I'm working on Sunday! :evil:

philM

by philM » 22 Apr 2012 19:55

AthleticoSpizz ...a busy day next Sunday

Have any timings been released yet?

Bus tour starts at 12.30, Mad Stad stuff starts at 2.30

We have to endure an under 16s match against Watford before we get the trophy I think. So trophy will prob be around 3.30 or even 4pm I'm guessing.

It's all round the wrong way IMO. We should have the trophy first then the bus tour.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 22 Apr 2012 19:57

Thanx Phil

Those timings (or at least the 3.30 bit) work for me :D