Roberts Red Card

142 posts
Pool and Darts

Re: Roberts Red Card

by Pool and Darts » 22 Apr 2012 22:02

parky No, however my gut reaction seeing it from Y26 was that it was a straight red. For me however in the LOTG this is the argument between what should be classed as Reckless and what is Careless, Reckless being the definition of a Red Card Offence and Careless being a yellow.

reckless play is a yellow card.

Reds are dished out for violent conduct or serious foul play - i.e. endangering an opponent.

The ref (using the term loosely) has decided that it was violent conduct.
If he has agreed to look at it again, then maybe he has doubts about intent and that it might have been incidental contact.
The fact that he felt the need to give us a free kick when Gorkss pushes an opposition player to the floor shortly afterwards suggests that he knew he made a mistake.

Either way, I am seriously thinking about giving up refereeing.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Apr 2012 12:36

D'Arsole should take a look at the sequence of stills on the RFC OS to see just how wrong he got this. Having looked at them myself I would even suggest that Parr might have realised he had brought down Roberts, as they fought for the ball, and therefore decided to make a meal of his 'injury' to distract the ref's attention from the offence he had committed.

The reaction of some of the Palace players (patting Robertys on the back) and Dougie Freeman would also suggest that they didn't think Roberts had deliberately struck Parr nor deserved to be sent off.

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 23 Apr 2012 12:50

defo not a red card or yellow for that matter and should have been a fkick to Reading as i thought at the time - you could possibly see why a ref would give a yellow for it, but a red card wtf!!!!

ref was a joke and was poor all match

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 23 Apr 2012 13:00

Talking of shit refs ... has anyone watched the highlights of the Bristol vs Barnsley game? Two completely wrong off-sides given and a penalty for nothing - both against Barnsley ... one of the off-sides was so not off-side it was amazing ...

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 23 Apr 2012 13:01

Hmnm, those still suggest if wasn't an elbow. Parr ran into his fore arm.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 23 Apr 2012 13:05

Royalwaster Talking of shit refs ... has anyone watched the highlights of the Bristol vs Barnsley game? Two completely wrong off-sides given and a penalty for nothing - both against Barnsley ... one of the off-sides was so not off-side it was amazing ...

You think that's bad? You need to see most of the non league officials I have seen this season.

The media talk about goal line technology but offside calls need to be under the auspices of a tv official as well. As the game gets faster, the harder it is to get the calls right.

As for JR's red card, what I saw on tv looked bad and I can understand why a red was given. 0% chance of being rescinded.

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 23 Apr 2012 13:10

ZacNaloen Hmnm, those still suggest if wasn't an elbow. Parr ran into his fore arm.

Yes, and...? You'll need to clarify that a little. If you mean that there was contact etc, you've just said yourself that Parr ran into a part of Jason's arm, be it elbow or forearm. Either way, it was accidental and came after Jason had been ankle-tapped for what should have been a free-kick for us.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 23 Apr 2012 13:16

I try not to be partisan about these things but the highlights just show something that happens in every single game, all over the leagues. Roberts plainly didn't throw an elbow, he reached out to hold off the defender. Accident.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 23 Apr 2012 14:11

Royalwaster Talking of shit refs ... has anyone watched the highlights of the Bristol vs Barnsley game? Two completely wrong off-sides given and a penalty for nothing - both against Barnsley ... one of the off-sides was so not off-side it was amazing ...

That was a truly appalling display from the slaphead linesman wasn't it!

William Oddie

by William Oddie » 24 Apr 2012 08:54

club NOT appealing

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 24 Apr 2012 08:55

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 24 Apr 2012 09:05

Gutted. I guess they knew it wasn't going to be rescinded, and really this game doesn't mean anything, but it does just feel sad for J-Dog. I'm sure he'll get a big reception at the game anyway.

robb the royal

by robb the royal » 24 Apr 2012 09:11

Terminal Boardom

You think that's bad? You need to see most of the non league officials I have seen this season.

The media talk about goal line technology but offside calls need to be under the auspices of a tv official as well. As the game gets faster, the harder it is to get the calls right.

As for JR's red card, what I saw on tv looked bad and I can understand why a red was given. 0% chance of being rescinded.

You think they are bad? Watch the penalty given in the last seconds of the A-league final!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMr1g9cC ... ed#t=0m22s

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 24 Apr 2012 09:19

So McDermott's faith in D'Arsole doing the right thing, accepting that he had made an honest mistake and rescinding the red card (thus negating the need for an appeal) was completely misplaced.

Let's hope the lump of human excrement that is D'Arsole never darkens our doors again. A truly dreadful and arrogant official. No respect for him whatsover, nor does he deserve any.

Eastkentroyal

by Eastkentroyal » 24 Apr 2012 09:22

mr_number Gutted. I guess they knew it wasn't going to be rescinded, and really this game doesn't mean anything, but it does just feel sad for J-Dog. I'm sure he'll get a big reception at the game anyway.

The Birmingham game might not mean anything but the first two games of next season do mean a lot.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 24 Apr 2012 09:23

RoyalBlue So McDermott's faith in D'Arsole doing the right thing, accepting that he had made an honest mistake and rescinding the red card (thus negating the need for an appeal) was completely misplaced.

Let's hope the lump of human excrement that is D'Arsole never darkens our doors again. A truly dreadful and arrogant official. No respect for him whatsover, nor does he deserve any.

:|

Roberts threw his arm back, caught the bloke in the face.....its not as if anyone cheated

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 24 Apr 2012 09:32

D'Urso has presumably indicated that he is not going to change his opinion so there is absolutely no point appealing.

To be fair to the ref having seen the clip of this you can see why he would stand his ground on this. I think there was intent so a 3 march ban is fair enough really.

At the end of the day Roberts only has himself to blame for missing the first two PL matches.

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 24 Apr 2012 09:47

andrew1957 D'Urso has presumably indicated that he is not going to change his opinion so there is absolutely no point appealing.

To be fair to the ref having seen the clip of this you can see why he would stand his ground on this. I think there was intent so a 3 march ban is fair enough really.

At the end of the day Roberts only has himself to blame for missing the first two PL matches.

His arms are raised yes, but if you really believe there was "intent" then you have obviously never played the game (not at a high enough level anyway!)

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 24 Apr 2012 09:50

The fact the club feel they can't appeal an obvious error of judgement, from yet another incompetent official, for fear of further retribution for an offence that never took place, says everything about where the real lack of respect lies in our relationship with today's referees.

In comparison to many other clubs, we've got off lightly this season with just the one red, yet we've still got our main striker out for three games and a midfielder who suffered a broken ankle with the perpetrator not even seeing yellow :|

I believe nothing needs sorting more in today's game than a proper system of OPEN and INDEPENDENT assessment of our officials whereby those who consistently fail to reach the required standard are removed, and incidents such as Karacan suffering serious injury from a player who received no punishment are reviewed as a matter of course, rather than being brushed under the carpet within 24 hours. As ever, respect is a two way street

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 24 Apr 2012 09:53

What is actually the percentage of cards rescinded. Pretty low i seem to recall. It's a real shame but i think D'Urso cannot be seen to be making the wrong decision. If D'Urso said he would review it, perhaps D'Urso simply changed his mind.

142 posts