Are players aware of hobnob?

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Are players aware of hobnob?

by Maguire » 25 Apr 2012 10:49

Forbury Lion A hurtful rumour that didn't need posting, even if it was true. Likewise the one about Martin Allen & a players wife.

The Adie Viveash personal tragedy - I can't remember if that was posted, probably was - Another example of how the internet trolls soured relations with the club.

Nope, we all knew but never posted it

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 25 Apr 2012 12:33

Ian Royal
RoyalChicagoFC As I recollect things, RFC alumnus Shane Long got his spirits raised by one poster's stubbornly persistent backing, replete with statistical justification and in the face of a withering torrent of abuse and gainsaying that swiftly would have silenced the average mortal

Indeed, HNA? wasn't mentioned by name in a story about Long that appeared in one of the Irish dailies, but it was impossible not to know to what he was referring in his quoted remarks about an RFC-themed fansite (w/interactive forums) that went unnamed in the piece

Notwithstanding the lack of direct evidence of the presence hereabouts of others, basic sense tends to suggest rather forcefully that he can't be the only one, past or present

That was a hoax iirc.

Ill be the judge of that

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 25 Apr 2012 13:53

Forbury Lion one about Sonko and a fan (no names mentioned)...

Posting stuff like this is sick, note I never would

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 25 Apr 2012 14:03

floyd__streete FAO Jem Karacan if you're reading:

What the actual f*ck is 'flames'? :|

'Definition' just tweeted by Jem....
definiton of #flames .. CFC's performance last night! nevilles squeak! @callum_k123 left foot! @A1F1E9 goal ratio & of cause my dogs name!

Hi Jem! <waves>

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 25 Apr 2012 14:03

Thanks for clearing that up.

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 25 Apr 2012 14:09

mr_number

definiton of #flames .. CFC's performance last night! nevilles squeak! @callum_k123 left foot! @A1F1E9 goal ratio & of cause my dogs name!

Hi Jem! <waves>

He got tweeted by a nobber don't get carried away

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 25 Apr 2012 14:19

HoneyRoastHoax
mr_number

Hi Jem! <waves>

He got tweeted by a nobber don't get carried away

Well I fully retract that bloody wave then

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 25 Apr 2012 14:25

i had to change my username as one of the players made a complaint about my comments he read on here

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 25 Apr 2012 15:01

Focher i had to change my username as one of the players made a complaint about my comments he read on here

Sonkos Slong?

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 25 Apr 2012 15:30

TBM
Focher i had to change my username as one of the players made a complaint about my comments he read on here

Sonkos Slong?

what my old username :?:

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 25 Apr 2012 15:43

Forbury Lion A hurtful rumour that didn't need posting, even if it was true. Likewise the one about Martin Allen & a players wife, There was one about Jamie Cureton and the Bristol Rover's chairman's daughter too

On the other hand, the internet can be quite good at scotching rumours too. The Cureton one, for example, where it was shown that the chairman didn't even have a daughter.

Of course you still get deluded nutters who believe whatever they want to believe, and people who'll happily give people abuse over things they know aren't true. The sad fact is some people are just daft and think it's ok to say anything "if you're just 'avin' a laugh". I remember some on here slating Chris Tarrant at West Ham for having "no sense of humour" about fans singing stuff about his marriage break-up.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 25 Apr 2012 16:17

The Tarrant thing was some weak old shit tbh but 99% of people found it hilarious.

Royals-lad14

by Royals-lad14 » 25 Apr 2012 16:29

Silver Fox
andrew1957 some of our more informed posters might even be players themselves.

errrr, LOLz

i claim to be jason roberts 8)

Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 25 Apr 2012 16:46

Maguire The Tarrant thing was some weak old shit tbh but 99% of people found it hilarious.

I'm sure the lads saying it found it hilarious, but you have to be pretty thick to realise the guy might not find his marriage break up so funny.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 25 Apr 2012 17:05

I suppose I just felt a bit sorry for him because he's a Reading fan come to watch a game and have a beer like the rest of us and all he gets is dog's abuse for it.

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 25 Apr 2012 17:07

Maguire I suppose I just felt a bit sorry for him because he's a Reading fan come to watch a game and have a beer like the rest of us and all he gets is dog's abuse for it.

Yeah - it's one thing shouting at an anonymous fat bastard/ slapper as it's obviously in jest and fairly easy to forget, but when it's a public figure, and it's something as personal as that, it's not really on. Especially when he's supporting the same team.

robinsfriday

by robinsfriday » 25 Apr 2012 19:41

OK, OK, I confess. I can no longer live this lie.

I am in fact, none other than... Tony Rougier :|

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 26 Apr 2012 21:45

Forbury Lion A hurtful rumour that didn't need posting, even if it was true. Likewise the one about Martin Allen & a players wife, There was one about Jamie Cureton and the Bristol Rover's chairman's daughter too

On the other hand, the internet can be quite good at scotching rumours too. The Cureton one, for example, where it was shown that the chairman didn't even have a daughter.

I believe that all those rumours about Jamie Cureton was started by angry Bristol Rovers fans, rather maliciously.

And of course, I'm always disappointed that a few idiots on here chose to believe it. And propagate the stupid thing, making more and more idiots believe it. I wonder if there's a few idiots today who still believe and claim "no smoke without fire!" :roll:

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 26 Apr 2012 22:06

It's a stupid saying anyway.

The chippie opposite my office in the winter regularly smokes out but doesn't catch fire.

Starfish
Hob Nob Regular

by Starfish » 27 Apr 2012 06:49

Ian Royal
RoyalChicagoFC As I recollect things, RFC alumnus Shane Long got his spirits raised by one poster's stubbornly persistent backing, replete with statistical justification and in the face of a withering torrent of abuse and gainsaying that swiftly would have silenced the average mortal

Indeed, HNA? wasn't mentioned by name in a story about Long that appeared in one of the Irish dailies, but it was impossible not to know to what he was referring in his quoted remarks about an RFC-themed fansite (w/interactive forums) that went unnamed in the piece

Notwithstanding the lack of direct evidence of the presence hereabouts of others, basic sense tends to suggest rather forcefully that he can't be the only one, past or present

That was a hoax iirc.

It certainly was not! :?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=97489