Garath McCleary

394 posts
DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR - Garath McCleary

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 08 May 2012 12:27

Pepe the Horseman Sky Sports understands that West Brom and Celtic are also interested

well hopefully whilst WBA are in a managerless state ..we can make the ove for him...no point in him going to Celtic if he wants to develop...they would be a championship level team if they decided to play in English league

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 08 May 2012 12:31

paultheroyal Camberley Royal stock will go through the roof if he pulls this one off and due a large number of apologies!! I feel a few re-quotes coming on!!

First of the apologies from myself. I still find it very odd that we would conduct any negotiations with new players out in the open of the hotel though. This one is sounding like a done deal, and we're also in talks with another Championship player (as well as Butterfield).I don't know who though.

Bring Back The SB

by Bring Back The SB » 08 May 2012 12:35

Friday's Legacy
paultheroyal Camberley Royal stock will go through the roof if he pulls this one off and due a large number of apologies!! I feel a few re-quotes coming on!!

First of the apologies from myself. I still find it very odd that we would conduct any negotiations with new players out in the open of the hotel though. This one is sounding like a done deal, and we're also in talks with another Championship player (as well as Butterfield).I don't know who though.

Well its not sounding like a done deal to me if other clubs are bidding :roll:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 08 May 2012 12:35

Friday's Legacy

Hopez Whitters.

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 08 May 2012 12:43

Bring Back The SB
Friday's Legacy

But you and other posters earlier in the thread were questioning the fact that he witnessed the conversation taking place, not if it actually goes through or not due to competition from other parties.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 08 May 2012 12:47

Bring Back The SB
Friday's Legacy

SSN the ever reliable source. They're just recycling previous reports that Celtic, WBA and Norwich are also keen on him.

Broxroyal

by Broxroyal » 08 May 2012 14:24

It does seem clear that Camberley Royal correctly identified the player holding discussions / chats in the hotel, regardless of whether we are pipped at the post to his signing by WBA or Celtic.
I do recall posters on here saying that Manset was seen holding fairly public talks / discussions in the hotel when he signed for us.

Cypry

by Cypry » 08 May 2012 14:36

I'm not sure that anyone has said any NEGOTIATIONS took place in the hotel bar...they could have been talking about the state of the Greek economy for all we know....

What does seem clear is that the club, McD, Hammond etc take full advantage of the hotel facilities to entertain "guests"...on the evening of the youth cup game against WBA, Hammond and McD were sitting in the bar quite openly chatting with a bloke who turned out to be Chris Samuelson (this was the day before the TSI announcement) - I saw that with my own eyes...

Unless a potential signing needs to be kept under wraps for competitive reasons then I don't see why they shouldn't use the facilities available to them...

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 08 May 2012 14:59

I don't get why they wouldn't be seen talking with players in the hotel bar/restaurant considering it's on-site.

It's not like the players agent wouldn't be telling other clubs his client has an offer they might like to beat so why the cloak and dagger presumptions? I'm sure they weren't putting figures up on a big screen for anyone to see.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 08 May 2012 15:35

Cypry I'm not sure that anyone has said any NEGOTIATIONS took place in the hotel bar...they could have been talking about the state of the Greek economy for all we know....

What does seem clear is that the club, McD, Hammond etc take full advantage of the hotel facilities to entertain "guests"...on the evening of the youth cup game against WBA, Hammond and McD were sitting in the bar quite openly chatting with a bloke who turned out to be Chris Samuelson (this was the day before the TSI announcement) - I saw that with my own eyes...

Unless a potential signing needs to be kept under wraps for competitive reasons then I don't see why they shouldn't use the facilities available to them...

^this. I suspect it''s very much part of getting to know a potential signing to make sure they'd fit into the team. The hotel atrium is also a pretty relaxing place to chat.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 08 May 2012 15:40

TBM
Wycombe Royal We cannot talk to a player whose contract is expiring in the summer until the start of June unless the other club give us permission. From what I have heard Forest want to offer him a new deal so that is unlikely. Happy to be proved wrong though......

This is true

Maybe thats why it was "informal" in the hotel bar......so not to be seen as tapping up, just two "old friends" having a drink together ;)

As i said back on page 3 ^^ :D

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 May 2012 16:18

Friday's Legacy

'greed. He'll go straight on the trusted poster list.

See how the bullshitters ruin it for everyone!?

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 09 May 2012 08:15

well hang on, I hope he's right but why all of a sudden are people saying its a done deal?

Why has it changed from mistrust to apologising?

I see no press release, no photos of the new kid in hoops

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 09 May 2012 11:03

HoneyRoastHoax well hang on, I hope he's right but why all of a sudden are people saying its a done deal?

Friday's Legacy told us so

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 09 May 2012 11:22

lowerwestjnr Tense stuff..

Just like to say I am reliable.

Yeah right, from the one who went on holiday and told no one causing mass panic amongst fellow nobbers :wink:

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 09 May 2012 11:28

TBM
HoneyRoastHoax well hang on, I hope he's right but why all of a sudden are people saying its a done deal?

Friday's Legacy told us so

No, can't find a post of mine anywhere that says it's a done deal - only that it sounds like a done deal.

Friday's Legacy

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 09 May 2012 11:35

Yeah but normally if its crap you come out and tell us........you haven't :D

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 09 May 2012 11:42

TBM Yeah but normally if its crap you come out and tell us........you haven't :D

We have spoken to McCleary, so the rumour has some foundation. I heard that we were hopeful of completing this shortly - but until you see him holding a Reading shirt then nothing is guaranteed, as we learnt with Tommy Smith. He's very sought after, but the club seem confident (but then they did about announcing TSI two weeks ago...)

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 09 May 2012 11:56

Friday's Legacy
TBM Yeah but normally if its crap you come out and tell us........you haven't :D

We have spoken to McCleary, so the rumour has some foundation. I heard that we were hopeful of completing this shortly - but until you see him holding a Reading shirt then nothing is guaranteed, as we learnt with Tommy Smith. He's very sought after, but the club seem confident (but then they did about announcing TSI two weeks ago...)

Friday's Legacy - just out of interest, how do YOU know so much about what goes on at the club?

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 09 May 2012 12:00

Royal Lady
Friday's Legacy

Friday's Legacy - just out of interest, how do YOU know so much about what goes on at the club?

Or does he.......

394 posts