Thames Sports Investment

5145 posts
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by Pepe the Horseman » 09 May 2012 12:37

I'm gonna COLITO at all the doubters when this does go through.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 09 May 2012 12:39

Royal Lady
Friday's Legacy Re: BBTSB's post about AZ

Anton has been out of the country for a week - but I'm told that is nothing to worry about and no reflection of the takeover.

Re: The delay with the PL

The delay is all down to proof of funding and nothing else. I'm told this is very complicated due to Chris Samuelson covering real investors. Still feel the takeover is likely.

Which is, I believe, what I said, many pages ago....

Have you just rung your source for details or something?

Why do you expect FL to reveal his source when you refuse to tell us who gave you your 'scoop'?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 09 May 2012 12:39

Except, of course, it was touted that McD only signed a new contract because of what AZ promised him and the same for Kebe....if the deal doesn't go through - how pissed off will McD and Kebe both be? They might have got some more money - but if McD then thinks he'll be having to cut cloth and can't buy who he feels we need to keep us in the Prem - then as soon as another club come sniffing round, he'll be gone. :cry: And Kebe + one or two others, might think that the promise of ambition within the PL has gone and will be looking for a get out as soon as they can too.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 09 May 2012 12:39

Fordham and the Post are far too closely tied in to the club for their jobs and circulation to push to hard or ever be too critical these days. The whole thing nearly went bust not too long ago and so they're not going to ruffle too many feathers are they?

Now we're back in the Premier League the nationals will take a bit more notice and so we might see a bit more attention to this kind of things once they're having a slower news day.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 09 May 2012 12:41

winchester_royal
Royal Lady
Friday's Legacy Re: BBTSB's post about AZ

Anton has been out of the country for a week - but I'm told that is nothing to worry about and no reflection of the takeover.

Re: The delay with the PL

The delay is all down to proof of funding and nothing else. I'm told this is very complicated due to Chris Samuelson covering real investors. Still feel the takeover is likely.

Which is, I believe, what I said, many pages ago....

Have you just rung your source for details or something?

Why do you expect FL to reveal his source when you refuse to tell us who gave you your 'scoop'?

I've never asked him to reveal his source - certainly not in my comment above - he suddenly seemed to know a bit more about the AZ leaving the country story - so I concluded that he must have just contacted his source to find out what's currently happening. What's wrong with asking whether that is the case? :|

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 09 May 2012 12:41

winchester_royal I don't do twitter, but from what I gather the guy blocks everyone who dares to question him.

He definitely does Winchester ...prefers to just schmooze with, and lick Noel Hunts ar8se on there ...and wets himself when he gets a reply from Alf ......ive been blocked by him for questioning how much of his GR info is sourced from Hobnob...no reply as expected

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 09 May 2012 12:42

Hoop Blah Fordham and the Post are far too closely tied in to the club for their jobs and circulation to push to hard or ever be too critical these days. The whole thing nearly went bust not too long ago and so they're not going to ruffle too many feathers are they?

Now we're back in the Premier League the nationals will take a bit more notice and so we might see a bit more attention to this kind of things once they're having a slower news day.

It's not about being critical, it's just about showing some sort of gumption and an investigative nature.

When was the last time Fordham gave us a scoop that we weren't already aware of?

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

by Ups and Downs » 09 May 2012 12:42

floyd__streete
Friday's Legacy The delay is all down to proof of funding and nothing else. I'm told this is very complicated due to Chris Samuelson covering real investors. Still feel the takeover is likely.

Dead dodgy all this.

You would think that proof of funding would be the easiest thing to prove if a real Russian billionaire was involved. But it could just be Anton fulfilling his Championship Manager fantasies off the back of Daddy's financial credentials.

Cypry

by Cypry » 09 May 2012 12:44

Why the hell is everyone so impatient?

It's what, 10 / 11 days since the Brum game? That'll be the game where Anton, Samuelson etc all travelled to the game on the same coach as the rest of the current board.....the game where SJM and Anton paraded in front of the Reading fans together before the game, all smiles....

We've not even reached the end of the Premier League season yet, it might seem like this has been dragging on, but we only confirmed promotion 15 working days ago, at which point the takeover moved out of the Football Leagues hands and into the Premier League. Assuming that the Premier League took a couple of days to tell us what they needed, then we / TSI took a few days to get everything together and put it in the hands of the Premier League, there's a chance that they might have only been looking at it for 8 - 10 working days....It's also highly unlikely that, at the climax of the current season, our takeover is on the top of the Premier Leagues to-do list.

It seems to me that there are two camps....those that cannot get past whatever happened at Everton and don't believe that TSI have the money to actually buy the club (as if SJM and the current board wouldn't have wanted to see some proof of available funding right from the off - you also need to take into account that we're now a Premier League club and I refuse to believe that TSI could not get together the necessary funds given the comparatively low price they're paying for the club, even if that meant borrowing on the open market (not something I'd endorse by the way)).....and those who trust the current board to do the right thing for the club...

Personally, I'm firmly in the second camp - I refuse to believe conspiracy theories, regardless of their source.....these things take time, what will be will be......

I anticipate some kind of announcement either late this, or sometime next week, when the club have something to say. It matters not a jot whether we, the fans, know what is going on, as long as the club are able to plan, and given that the prevailing attitude of the takeover was "carry on as we are", I never did believe that we'd be blowing the bank on players - we've just had a windfall of some £50M, if we spend £10M on players that'll be fine with me...and affordable with or without TSI....

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 09 May 2012 12:44

Royal Lady I've never asked him to reveal his source - certainly not in my comment above - he suddenly seemed to know a bit more about the AZ leaving the country story - so I concluded that he must have just contacted his source to find out what's currently happening. What's wrong with asking whether that is the case? :|

Royal Lady Friday's Legacy - how do YOU know so much about what goes on at the club, out of interest?

Royal Lady Friday's Legacy - just out of interest, how do YOU know so much about what goes on at the club?

Royal Lady Oh and TBM, I appear to have ruffled Friday's Legacy's feathers by asking him how he knows so much about the club! :wink:

I may be wrong here RL, but I presumed that asking these sorts of questions were along the lines of asking him to reveal his source.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 09 May 2012 12:47

Royal Lady I've never asked him to reveal his source - certainly not in my comment above - he suddenly seemed to know a bit more about the AZ leaving the country story - so I concluded that he must have just contacted his source to find out what's currently happening. What's wrong with asking whether that is the case? :|

Someone very reliable contacted me, "to kill stupid rumours".

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 09 May 2012 12:49

Friday's Legacy

Someone very reliable contacted me, "to kill stupid rumours".

If ever proof was needed that the RFC communications team do look at HNA? ^

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 09 May 2012 12:51

Of course they do, as much as they may want to dismiss us when it comes to taking action on what the loud voices say, you can get a general feeling of what the fan base is thinking by paying close attention to this board.

Bring Back The SB

by Bring Back The SB » 09 May 2012 12:53

The deal has gone from a close certainty to still likely in a week :lol:

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 09 May 2012 13:04

Anton has been in Miami since last Tuesday

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 09 May 2012 13:04

Cypry - that was the most sense I've read on this topic, apart from whatever FL posts.

Why are people so impatient? Well my opinion, for what it's worth, is that 2 or 3 people who have a history in seeing the worst in whatever it is that the club do, have been desperate to prove themselves right. Where did they get their information from? Largely from a report in the Daily Telegraph. The standards of journalism in that paper have become abysmal ever since my cousin (Neil Darbyshire) left his role as Managing Editor. They got very lucky with the bullsh1t scandal about MP's expenses and maybe now they see their role as investigative journalists. They spotted that the AZ deal wasn't concluded when people thought it would be, put 2 and 2 together and came to some number or other which might even have been close to 4. This was just what the desperate people wanted to see and they've made a massive topic out of nothing. The comment made when the deal was first announced was that there would be no more comment on the matter until the deal was decided.

It is quite entwertaining watching the sort of stuff some people write on here just so that one day they might be able to say they were right.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 09 May 2012 13:07

Bring Back The SB The deal has gone from a close certainty to still likely in a week :lol:

Fair play to ya. 2 lines of bullshit and you've added 8 pages to this thread in no time.

Good work.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 09 May 2012 13:14

Vision
Bring Back The SB The deal has gone from a close certainty to still likely in a week :lol:

Fair play to ya. 2 lines of bullshit and you've added 8 pages to this thread in no time.

Good work.

We're all just trying to do our bit for TBM.

#prayfor200

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 09 May 2012 13:18

Have to say I am now a bit concerned if fl is only saying likely. Could I therefore ask fl what contingencies plan are being pit in place if this falls through? I assume with promotion we have enough cash to maintain status quo even if we don't bring people in.

Can I also suggest that given your excellent contacts fl it would be helpfulto encourage them to say something in public.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 09 May 2012 13:23

business as usual at the club i guess, they don`t have a clue there is 173 pages of discussion on HNA.

5145 posts