Garath McCleary

394 posts
TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

Re: RUMOUR - Garath McCleary

by TBM » 09 May 2012 17:44

I thought it was BBTSB with the Mariappa story?!

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 09 May 2012 17:44

Cobi
FL has been spot on with about 3 players coming in all before they broke in the press, to his credit. And with TSI as well. I don't think he can be doubted for having a reliable source at all. You might choose not to like him, but I'd rather read his posts than many others on here who add absolutely nothing to the forum.

If Mariappa signs then he got that right too. Or at least he told us we were interested and a bid was on the table. I saw tonight on the better of the two forums (Royals Rendezvous) that Watford have accepted a bid, and various Twitter sources seem to point towards Reading.

Ouch

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 May 2012 17:45

TBM I thought it was BBTSB with the Mariappa story?!

BBTSB created a new thread two days after FL mentioned it on a generic one.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 09 May 2012 17:46

Ian Royal

That was the joke

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 09 May 2012 17:47

Pepe the Horseman
Cobi
FL has been spot on with about 3 players coming in all before they broke in the press, to his credit. And with TSI as well. I don't think he can be doubted for having a reliable source at all. You might choose not to like him, but I'd rather read his posts than many others on here who add absolutely nothing to the forum.

If Mariappa signs then he got that right too. Or at least he told us we were interested and a bid was on the table. I saw tonight on the better of the two forums (Royals Rendezvous) that Watford have accepted a bid, and various Twitter sources seem to point towards Reading.

Ouch

Well it is. You get none of this sniping on there. Just a good bunch of guys who have football in common and enjoy the board for what it is. This place is a shambles; and before you say "well why don't you post on there then" --- I do most of the time.

The likes of gazza, loyal royal, Friday's Legacy and Stranded would all be welcome on there.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 May 2012 17:48

TBM
Ian Royal

That was the joke

IR: Whoooooshed.

'lista
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by 'lista » 09 May 2012 17:49

Royal Lady I asked on here, because I hadn't seen you reply to the same question on the TSI thread. I don't NEED to KNOW ANYTHING. I'm often privvy to a number of things - most of which I don't share on here. You just seem to know EVERYTHING and ANYTHING and I wondered how. I thought you were in marketing or something - not related to the club.

He's OBVIOUSLY more ITK than you pretend to be.

Seriously, get over yourself.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 09 May 2012 17:58

Cobi
Pepe the Horseman
Cobi

Ouch

Well it is. You get none of this sniping on there. Just a good bunch of guys who have football in common and enjoy the board for what it is. This place is a shambles; and before you say "well why don't you post on there then" --- I do most of the time.

The likes of gazza, loyal royal, Friday's Legacy and Stranded would all be welcome on there.

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 09 May 2012 18:18

It's an uncanny resemblance. The ears especially.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 09 May 2012 18:28

Cobi
Pepe the Horseman
Cobi

Ouch

Lol

Did the mean HNA bullies upset you?

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 09 May 2012 18:32

:lol:

I haven't encountered any that have picked on me yet. I didn't even get the customary 'f**k off newbie", perhaps you can take my cherry? You know you want to!

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 09 May 2012 18:32

Cobi :lol:

I haven't encountered any that have picked on me yet. I didn't even get the customary 'f**k off newbie", perhaps you can take my cherry? You know you want to!

f**k off Cobi, run away and post on RR more

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 09 May 2012 19:05

pea
Cobi :lol:

f**k off Cobi, run away and post on RR more

Didnt know he was a member Pea,since when,I must have missed him.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 09 May 2012 19:22

Went into Monks for a few drinks earlier and happened to bump into Garath and Nicky Hammond finalising the contract.

Didn't have my phone on me at the time so no pictures, but looks like it should be completed in a day or two.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 09 May 2012 20:20

Simon's Church Went into Monks for a few drinks earlier and happened to bump into Garath and Nicky Hammond finalising the contract.

Didn't have my phone on me at the time so no pictures, but looks like it should be completed in a day or two.

I call lies. Who in this day and age does not have their phone with them?

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 09 May 2012 20:24

Friday's Legacy
Yet I said earlier today when a reliable source contacted me, not the other way around, that Anton had been out of the country a week; and then several posts later another poster confirmed he is in Miami. Also I told you all that the club were readying a statement about where we were with the takeover (at a time when we hadn't heard anything for quite some time), and a few days later we had one. It was to reassure us that all was well but was delayed somewhat, and it contained much of what I was told it would contain, in some parts word for word. As for me being reliable? No, probably not. My opinions are as varied as the next guys, but the people I rely on for the odd bit of information are very reliable.

Fair enough then. Apologies, just couldn't really remember anything. You're one of the better posters on here.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 09 May 2012 22:27

Mike Hunt
Simon's Church Went into Monks for a few drinks earlier and happened to bump into Garath and Nicky Hammond finalising the contract.

...and it's common knowledge to those who are properly ITK that Nick Hammond's Wetherspoons of choice is The Hope Tap.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 09 May 2012 22:32

Mike Hunt

I'd answer, but I don't have a phone with me ATM

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 10 May 2012 21:41

McCleary's agent has upset Forest by saying the player wants £15k a week. He's knocked back a new contract there, which we already knew. Sounds about the going rate for a PL team to take him on I imagine. I don't think that would put us off, and I'd also be surprised if a few of our players aren't on that or more now their payrises kick in (Kebe, Roberts for just two).

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 10 May 2012 21:51

Friday's Legacy McCleary's agent has upset Forest by saying the player wants £15k a week. He's knocked back a new contract there, which we already knew. Sounds about the going rate for a PL team to take him on I imagine. I don't think that would put us off, and I'd also be surprised if a few of our players aren't on that or more now their payrises kick in (Kebe, Roberts for just two).

Although if he's a dick I don't want us to sign him.

394 posts