mathematically_safe
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: keeping wicket for the quakers in my joy division oven gloves

Re: Garath McCleary

by mathematically_safe » 16 May 2012 18:26

CamberleyRoyal To various:

Now do you believe?
I am probably talking utter rubbish, it may have been Mario Balotelli and they would not have been seen in the hotel anyway!

+1

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 May 2012 18:26

CamberleyRoyal To various:

Now do you believe?
I am probably talking utter rubbish, it may have been Mario Balotelli and they would not have been seen in the hotel anyway!

You've had your apologies from most about a week ago.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 16 May 2012 18:26

Cobi
Chaney not going back thru 17 pages on this, pleased with the signing but a little sceptical, 9 goals this season in with 4 came in one game hardly makes him prolific.

For a WINGER? :roll:

:oops:

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 16 May 2012 18:42

Chaney
Cobi
Chaney not going back thru 17 pages on this, pleased with the signing but a little sceptical, 9 goals this season in with 4 came in one game hardly makes him prolific.

:oops:

Only played about half their matches too, because McClaren tried to manage them for half a season

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 16 May 2012 18:44

Camberley you should email getreading....Fordhams taking credit in today's article for breaking the news on 4 may ...when you posted it on here on 1 may...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Garath McCleary has signed on a free transfer from Nottingham Forest on a three-year deal.

The interest in the exciting midfielder was reported first in getreading on May 4 and McCleary has now become manager Brian McDermott's first signing of the summer.

Follow Royals reporter Jonny Fordham on Twitter here for all the news as it breaks

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR - Garath McCleary

by SydenhamRoyal » 16 May 2012 18:50

SCIAG
rhroyal
Pepe the Horseman So, other than scoring a bazillion goals against Leeds, is he any good?

Don't know much myself; but I don't think people win player of the season from one good game.

Stephen Hunt?

Did Stephen Hunt really have as many good games as one?

Bumblebee

by Bumblebee » 16 May 2012 18:57

Slinky told us about this weeks ago

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 16 May 2012 19:39

Cobi

Just for comparison. The guy played in a side that for a lot of time was poor
ans was clearly getting into his side.

Here's how his stats look against the side that won the championship

On goals and assists (not other stuff) he beats Kebe and is almost twice McAnuff

1,765 Minutes 17 Major Contributions one every 104 Minutes 12 Goals 05 Assists ALF
1,444 Minutes 12 Major Contributions one every 110 Minutes 06 Goals 06 Assists Roberts

1,897 Minutes 14 Major Contributions one every 136 Minutes 09 Goals 05 Assists McCleary <<<<<<<

3,006 Minutes 20 Major Contributions one every 150 Minutes 08 Goals 12 Assists HUNT
2,605 Minutes 16 Major Contributions one every 157 Minutes 03 Goals 13 Assists KEBE
3,452 Minutes 14 Major Contributions one every 247 Minutes 05 Goals 09 Assists McAnuff

Obviously not talking about covering, tackling etc, but he matches McAnuff's MC tally on a little over half the minutes

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 16 May 2012 20:30

Snowball

Obviously not talking about covering, tackling etc, but he matches McAnuff's MC tally on a little over half the minutes

Of course you must mean McAnuff's McTally. :P

Blue & White Soup

by Blue & White Soup » 16 May 2012 21:29

i know i haven't seen him yet and he may be good and everything but did anyone else kind of sigh at this signing. He dosent really seam like a team changer although i geuss he is a better backup on the wing than we have now

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: RUMOUR - Garath McCleary

by paultheroyal » 16 May 2012 21:36

CamberleyRoyal I was at the hotel yesterday and Brian McDermott was sat with Gareth McCleary having a chat whilst Nicky Hammond structured a deal with his agent. He is 24 and was Nottingham Forest player of the season but his contact has expired. Assuming the financials match up then this should be concluded shortly.
http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/page/ ... 14,00.html

Well done that man! Probably the best rumour confirmed on here, top job.

RockheadRumple

by RockheadRumple » 16 May 2012 22:11

Blue & White Soup i know i haven't seen him yet and he may be good and everything but did anyone else kind of sigh at this signing. He dosent really seam like a team changer although i geuss he is a better backup on the wing than we have now

That's what I thought a few weeks ago, but I've got a mate in the Nottingham Forest youth team/reserves who really rates him highly and he's the one that sees him in training as well as matches so I'll take his word for it. I don't see him pushing Jobi or Kebe out of the starting line up but I am very very happy indeed with McCleary and HRK for back up.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 16 May 2012 22:14

Blue & White Soup i know i haven't seen him yet and he may be good and everything but did anyone else kind of sigh at this signing. He dosent really seam like a team changer although i geuss he is a better backup on the wing than we have now

Finally, some negativity! :D

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 17 May 2012 06:08

....hardly a risk though and could turn out to be a real coup... No transfer fee involved and £15k a week salary....

....taking away Howards and Griffins weekly salaries when they were contracted here, and you will prb find we have just signed a player at zero cost to the club or near to...and that's excellent business by the club

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 17 May 2012 07:09

Great scoop by CamberleyRoyal! Nice one...

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 17 May 2012 07:36

Camberley Royal for Johnny's EP job!

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 17 May 2012 08:09

Whoever had a dig at Stephen Hunt can f*ck off.

As far as I'm concerned the 106 squad is untouchable. I don't care what happened to them after they left, or in the months leading up to their departures. That season and the first season in the Premier League were amazing and all of those players (even John Oster) are heroes.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 17 May 2012 08:13

JimmytheJim Whoever had a dig at Stephen Hunt can f*ck off.

As far as I'm concerned the 106 squad is untouchable. I don't care what happened to them after they left, or in the months leading up to their departures. That season and the first season in the Premier League were amazing and all of those players (even John Oster) are heroes.

Idolising them and holding them up as untouchable heros was part of the problem in the first place. Players should ALWAYS be trying to prove themselves to fans throughout their time with a club and not just sit back and bask in things that happened a few years ago.

It is possible to both respect what a player has done and to criticise their failures.

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 17 May 2012 08:17

Wimb
JimmytheJim Whoever had a dig at Stephen Hunt can f*ck off.

Idolising them and holding them up as untouchable heros was part of the problem in the first place. Players should ALWAYS be trying to prove themselves to fans throughout their time with a club and not just sit back and bask in things that happened a few years ago.

It is possible to both respect what a player has done and to criticise their failures.

5 years later, I'm not sure what kind of a grudge anyone can justifiably hold.

It smacks of a very short memory to me.

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 17 May 2012 08:22

This is going to sound a bit ghey and I put it down to hayfever.

BUT

His fairwell tweets to NF were really nice and showed passion and loyalty. He is exactly the Reading mould from what I have seen so far.

Good lad

394 posts