Who should we get? The generic 2012/13 speculation thread.

475 posts
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: If we go up, who should we get?

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 May 2012 10:01

Lolz

Bring Back The SB

by Bring Back The SB » 11 May 2012 11:11

bracksroyal10 Addressing a potential right back issue seeing as we have no back up!

I know we already had him at our club although he never got a chance. Greg Halford?

Can play anywhere down the right and would be a very cheap buy probably considering Pompey's plight. I know they went down but Halford himself had a quite a consistent season. If we actually gave him a run in the team now SC has long gone might be a worthwhile buy not forgetting that monster throw of his!

Wasn't a bad player at all he just never got a chance because Coppell was far too loyal as we all know although we were playing brilliantly during our first season in the big time!

That post is the cancer of a very good thread.

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 12 May 2012 13:49

RoyalJames101 Defoe.

Please :lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 May 2012 14:53

bracksroyal10 Addressing a potential right back issue seeing as we have no back up!

I know we already had him at our club although he never got a chance. Greg Halford?

Can play anywhere down the right and would be a very cheap buy probably considering Pompey's plight. I know they went down but Halford himself had a quite a consistent season. If we actually gave him a run in the team now SC has long gone might be a worthwhile buy not forgetting that monster throw of his!

Wasn't a bad player at all he just never got a chance because Coppell was far too loyal as we all know although we were playing brilliantly during our first season in the big time!

He had an appalling attitude amongst other problems. No chance in hell we'd sign him again.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 12 May 2012 14:55

He's also not remotely good enough...we're supposed to be looking forwards...not backwards. Horrid suggestion :|

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 12 May 2012 15:29

I always thought he had a rough deal at Reading largely based on a performance away at Spurs where he had to defend the whole of the right flank with Glen Little doing nothing to support him.
He has now been to other clubs and may just have grown up beyond what supposedly was a cocky 21 year-old with a £2 million price tag and coming from a much lower level of football.
I did read that he has a transfer fixed up already, not the worst suggestion on here but for the moment we still don't know if we will be shopping at Waitrose or Lidl although most rumours are currently get one free types rather than a luxury range.

manny96

by manny96 » 12 May 2012 15:45

Wimb Scrap that, Valenciennes apparently

http://www.calciomercato.it/news/156149 ... uturo.html

Needs a translate, credit to @samrfc on twitter

CALCIOMERCATO ROMA SANCHEZ VALENCIENNES / ROMA - In scadenza di contratto a giugno, Carlos Sanchez non ha ancora fugato i suoi dubbi in merito al suo futuro. Il centrocampista 26enne del Valenciennes è seguito dalla Roma e da altri club, come il Reading in Inghilterra e il Siviglia e il Malaga in Spagna. Il colombiano ha riferito ai microfoni di 'Mercato 365': "Tutto è possibile, non ho alcuna preferenza tra restare in Francia o provare un'esperienza in un'altra nazione. Ci sono stati alcuni contatti, ma nulla è stato deciso. Non sono preoccupato, sicuramente troverò una squadra in cui giocare il prossimo anno".

With his contract running out in June, Carlos Sanchez has not yet dispelled the doubts surrounding his future. The 26 year old centre midfielder has been followed by Roma and other clubs, such as Reading in England and Sevilla and Malaga in Spain. The Colombian, speaking to 'Mercato 365', said: "Anything is possible, I haven't yet got a preference between staying in france or trying a (new) experience in another country. There have been a few contacts but nothing has been decided. I'm not worried, I will certainly find a team in which to play next season

RockheadRumple

by RockheadRumple » 17 May 2012 21:10

So I was think about Rangers and their current situation and I thought "Surely we can take advantage and nab a player or two while we still have the chance?" Then I came across something magic, something wonderful... Folks, I give you the nutmeg king: Sone Aluko.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbvRgJyW__k

1.26 is just :shock:

Niko

by Niko » 17 May 2012 22:51

RockheadRumple So I was think about Rangers and their current situation and I thought "Surely we can take advantage and nab a player or two while we still have the chance?" Then I came across something magic, something wonderful... Folks, I give you the nutmeg king: Sone Aluko.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbvRgJyW__k

Didn't think it was possible to make Kebe look slow, but there you go...

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 18 May 2012 06:52

RockheadRumple http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbvRgJyW__k

At least three of those tackles would have been made properly in the premiership and the shot itself was just a lucky deflection off the defender...

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 18 May 2012 09:31

Ideal I'm just going to repeat my shout for Jonathan Parr, just named Crystal Palace's player of the season.
Scored five goals from left back, played 37 or something.
He is a good player, and we need a left back.

Not a bad shout. Palace fans think very highly of him and they have had an excellent defence last season.

If he came I cannot see any room in the 25 for Mills though.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 18 May 2012 09:34

Ideal I'm just going to repeat my shout for Jonathan Parr, just named Crystal Palace's player of the season.

I thought he was awful in the CC semi-final, reminded me of Paul McShane.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 18 May 2012 10:12

We've been linked to him earlier this month, good player, especially going forward, whether he would be good enough defensively in the premier league is the big question but would be the type of signing I can see us bringing in

Great Knolly

by Great Knolly » 18 May 2012 11:24

RFCSPACE Some players out of contract this summer:
Martin Petrov *

Potential *

Yes please !!

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 21 May 2012 14:36

Yakubu
J Cole (on loan)
Corluka
Ince
Bougherra
Wallace (Rangers)

Only expect 3/4 more faces at most to come in on top of Mccleary 3 out of that list wouldn't go a miss regardless of whether they are loans or perms. Still undecided on Michael Owen however.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 21 May 2012 14:50

We need a central midfielder, defender and striker

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 21 May 2012 14:52

TBM We need a central midfielder, defender and striker

Fitz Hall being released by QPR...yes please..
:wink: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18150824

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 21 May 2012 16:32

winchester_royal

I thought he was awful in the CC semi-final, reminded me of Paul McShane.

Plus he looks like a knob

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 29 May 2012 21:27

We've been linked with Real Madrid B striker - Joselu.

Aged 22.

Source: Marca, talkSPORT, Daily Express

Other clubs rumoured to be interested: West Ham, Southampton, Getafe, Deportivo de la Coruna, Celta de Vigo, Arsenal

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 29 May 2012 21:30

Friday's Legacy We've been linked with Real Madrid B striker - Joselu.

Aged 22.

Source: Marca, talkSPORT, Daily Express

Other clubs rumoured to be interested: West Ham, Southampton, Getafe, Deportivo de la Coruna, Celta de Vigo, Arsenal

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=113663

475 posts