Re: NICKY SHOREY

by Royal Monk » 16 May 2012 21:52

I'm with Ian Royal on this one :D

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 May 2012 22:10

cmonurz
Ian Royal If I haven't already said it: Shorey can fuk right off. Over 30, left with a stinking attitude and hasn't pulled up any trees since. The only player from the 106 team that can compete with Stephen "stupiddisruptivegit" Hunt in the never-darken-our-door-again stakes.

:shock:

#musthavemissedsomething

I'm not sure how you could have missed his below par mediocre performances and general want away attitude because he got a sniff of the big time and thought he was better than us when he wasn't.

Or how you can have missed Hunt's idiotic ramblings about (non-existent) bids being kept from him, and his woeful inability to perform in the second half of the seasons once he got complacent and smug about his "quality".

LumpWarden

by LumpWarden » 16 May 2012 22:29

No No No No No

shorey can just go and do one as far as i'm concerned. This man was instrumental in our relegation, dismantling of everything the 106 side was about with his billy big b@llx attitude.

we can and will do better

anR

by anR » 17 May 2012 00:11

LumpWarden No No No No No

shorey can just go and do one as far as i'm concerned. This man was instrumental in our relegation, dismantling of everything the 106 side was about with his billy big b@llx attitude.

we can and will do better

I agree with you from the bottom of my Harte.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: SPECULATION - NICKY SHOREY

by Royal Lady » 17 May 2012 09:25

Thanks to this thread, I had a dream last night that I was at a football match (Compo got surrounded by the police LOL) - and anyway, everyone was chanting Shorey's name because he was playing for us again and I refused to chant his name and a load of fans had a go at me. :oops:

CSS.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 17 May 2012 09:51

All depends which Nicky Shorey is being referred to. If it is the 2007/08 Billy Big Bollocks version, then I am not interested at all. If it is the one who helped turn around the 2-0 deficit against Middlesbrough on the first game of the 2006/07, then yes please. A fans favourite who can do box to box and with a peach of a left foot. All depends what state his head is in.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 17 May 2012 09:58

I feel nervous about the prospect of going into next season with just Harte and Mills who can play left back. Last season we had Griffin as well who could do a shift there so we would arguably be worse off.

No offence to Mills (who might well come good in time) but he might benefit from a loan to get regular football) in which case we need an experienced left back.

If Shorey has got his bad attitude out of his system he must be worth consideration and as he would be free, it releases finance to strengthen elsewhere.

Colin Cheeselog

by Colin Cheeselog » 17 May 2012 10:18

I don’t buy in to all this Shorey had a bad attitude talk. How does anybody on here actually know that?

There's a big difference between somebody losing form and having a bad attitude, but people appear to have perceived the two as inextricably linked with regards to Shorey, and subsequently various people repeating on here for the last 4 years that he had a bad attitude appear to have now transformed that into ‘fact’.

I would be delighted to have him back, as I would with Sidwell, Long or Sigurdsson (obviously).

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 May 2012 10:43

I saw him at Showcase in Winnersh once and he was strutting around, throwing popcorn at people and shit. His attitude stank.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 17 May 2012 11:53

Forbury Lion WCBAP.

Worth a look on a free transfer, similar to us taking a look at Sonko before deciding not to sign him.

Thought we offered him a deal but he turned it down?...

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 17 May 2012 12:05

Pepe the Horseman I saw him at Showcase in Winnersh once and he was strutting around, throwing popcorn at people and shit. His attitude stank.

I saw him in McDonalds, Bracknell, popping little children's balloons with his spiky fringe.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 17 May 2012 12:06

Colin Cheeselog I don’t buy in to all this Shorey had a bad attitude talk. How does anybody on here actually know that?

There's a big difference between somebody losing form and having a bad attitude, but people appear to have perceived the two as inextricably linked with regards to Shorey, and subsequently various people repeating on here for the last 4 years that he had a bad attitude appear to have now transformed that into ‘fact’.

^This.

I remember him losing form, but unlike the more public actions of Hunt, I don't recall Shorey throwing his weight around.

However I did see him in Greggs in Woodley flicking the cherries off belgian buns at little old ladies.

stickywhisky

by stickywhisky » 17 May 2012 12:24

cmonurz
Colin Cheeselog I don’t buy in to all this Shorey had a bad attitude talk. How does anybody on here actually know that?

^This.

I remember him losing form, but unlike the more public actions of Hunt, I don't recall Shorey throwing his weight around.

However I did see him in Greggs in Woodley flicking the cherries off belgian buns at little old ladies.

I shouldn't have taken a mouth full of tea whilst reading this post! :D

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 17 May 2012 13:21

Pepe the Horseman I saw him at Showcase in Winnersh once and he was strutting around, throwing popcorn at people and shit. His attitude stank.

Yeah I was there. Some of the shit hit me. That stank too...

retro royal

by retro royal » 04 Jun 2012 06:27

The sun reporting that we want him

READING want to re-sign axed West Bromwich defender Nicky Shorey — six years after he led the Berkshire club into the top flight.

Plus

The Royals are also keen on Bordeaux full-back Mattieu Chalme, 31, as they face up to life in the Premier League.

CJC

by CJC » 04 Jun 2012 10:52

There is no doubt we need another left back, mills is not sufficient cover. We could do alot worse than Shorey but we could probably do with somebody stronger defensively, stronger and quicker. Shorey strength was always his excellent distribution and football brain, similar to Harte in a way. As for the season we went down, he lost his form just like the majority of the team. Our strikers couldnt hit a barn door after xmas remember? Overall i wouldnt be disappointed if we got him back

SpaghettiHoop

by SpaghettiHoop » 04 Jun 2012 10:54

From the Guardian:

Reading's bid for Colombia midfielder Carlos Sanchez is on the verge of collapse over his £40,000-a-week demands. The Royals have the day's busiest scouting department, having not only identified Bordeaux's full-back Mattieu Chalme as a potential target but also run the rule over West Brom's former Reading ace Nicky Shorey and encouraged the club to compete with West Ham and Aston Villa for Norwich's £6m-rated wantaway striker Grant Holt.

rollsy

by rollsy » 04 Jun 2012 11:23

I have been lead to believe that he will be unvieled as our player tomorrow. I hope to god this is bollix and to be honest it probably is. Fingers crossed, I really don't want him back. Could not have jumped ship fast enough.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 04 Jun 2012 11:25

Could do a lot worse than bring him in as cover. Would also be able to match Harte's quality from set-pieces.

Good player, and if we brought him in on a free then it would allow us to spend money in other areas.

fozziebear

by fozziebear » 04 Jun 2012 11:34

His dad is working for RFC. Could have him on the bench for cover.
Also saw article on Grant Holt this morning. BM. watching the situation : #ReadingFc http://t.co/nQBJBuph

376 posts