The ITK thread sponsered by Friday's Legacy and Big Mike

592 posts
Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

Re: The ITK thread sponsered by Friday's Legacy and Big Mike

by Ups and Downs » 06 Jun 2012 18:37

bigmike I see that the TSI thread has been locked before it reached 300 pages.. shame really..

As it has also been decreed by the people on the board that I was on a windup I have decided to throw in the towel and declare myself out of the running for being ITK...

Good luck people I will be keeping my info to myself now :lol:

I don't doubt that you are in the know, mike, but you may as well throw in the towel because being ITK, telling us how you are all ITK and then not telling what you are ITK about is even more frustrating and annoying than 99% of the complete dross that's posted on this forum.

No hard feelings, Michael. I hope you and your source can share many more fascinating secrets together for many seasons to come.

rollsy

by rollsy » 06 Jun 2012 18:43

Ups and Downs
bigmike I see that the TSI thread has been locked before it reached 300 pages.. shame really..

As it has also been decreed by the people on the board that I was on a windup I have decided to throw in the towel and declare myself out of the running for being ITK...

I don't doubt that you are in the know, mike, but you may as well throw in the towel because being ITK, telling us how you are all ITK and then not telling what you are ITK about is even more frustrating and annoying than 99% of the complete dross that's posted on this forum.

No hard feelings, Michael. I hope you and your source can share many more fascinating secrets together for many seasons to come.

^this^

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 06 Jun 2012 19:18

It would be a shame if we lost ITK posters like BM and FL. They obviously have highly placed sources but shouldn't be taken to task if they receive bad/inaccurate/incomplete info. No matter what happened on the TSI thread they both still have a high amount of credibility in my book and it would be a shame if they stopped posting.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 06 Jun 2012 20:04

Ups and Downs

Yep I agree with that.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 06 Jun 2012 20:05

Anyway, Long deal still progressing. Euros and vacancies delaying the process. This one won't happen till July.

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular

by Ups and Downs » 06 Jun 2012 20:10

What about if they have info and then just tease us with it? Can we really not live without that?

TheWearing

by TheWearing » 06 Jun 2012 20:50

Have you guys forgotten how many players FL and BM have told us about prior to them signing?
They are ITK and they are allowed to give hints but they are not allowed to tell us the players we are about to sign!
FL has a very good proven track record, he knew all about TSI completion prior to the club announcing it!
You don't give FL enough credit so STFU and they will give you information!

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular

by Ups and Downs » 06 Jun 2012 21:30

FL shares what he knows. It's bigmike who is too scared to.

dogzbollox

by dogzbollox » 06 Jun 2012 22:00

southbank1871 Can you give a time and d8 for the meltdown?

23rd December 2012 00.01 hrs... which is a bit of a pain coz it's the 1st time I'll be correct about something on here, unfortunately the Mayan prophecy is something else I'm going to be correct about...

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 06 Jun 2012 22:03

I did name someone in the previous thread when I said when the takeover would happen i also said that there was a deal being worked on for Gylfi. To which I was told that I was full of it as the deal with Swansea was done... Now it seems that Hoffenheim got pissed off with the way Swansea had been informing the press and effectively pulled the plug. Now it seems that Reading are in with a very good chance of Gylfi coming back.

I was ripped a new one for naming Gylfi by my reliable source. Who has since been less than informative recently. I do know that there is a player who is being looked at that would be a significant signing if it comes off.

dogzbollox

by dogzbollox » 06 Jun 2012 22:07

Mike Hunt
Really Andrew? Please quit whilst you are ahead (if you can even call it that...)

Also, you are not the first to break the news, ever. You get it from Twitter.

Sometimes I wish I was young again. Then I see your posts and you bring me back to reality.

In the words of the late great Captain Mainwaring ''stupid boy''

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 06 Jun 2012 22:34

bigmike I did name someone in the previous thread when I said when the takeover would happen i also said that there was a deal being worked on for Gylfi. To which I was told that I was full of it as the deal with Swansea was done... Now it seems that Hoffenheim got pissed off with the way Swansea had been informing the press and effectively pulled the plug. Now it seems that Reading are in with a very good chance of Gylfi coming back.

I was ripped a new one for naming Gylfi by my reliable source. Who has since been less than informative recently. I do know that there is a player who is being looked at that would be a significant signing if it comes off.

By saying "significant", would it cause meltdown or a mere ripple of HNA? indifference?

Caskeys Lovechild

by Caskeys Lovechild » 07 Jun 2012 01:08

bigmike I did name someone in the previous thread when I said when the takeover would happen i also said that there was a deal being worked on for Gylfi. To which I was told that I was full of it as the deal with Swansea was done... Now it seems that Hoffenheim got pissed off with the way Swansea had been informing the press and effectively pulled the plug. Now it seems that Reading are in with a very good chance of Gylfi coming back.

surely you would start a new screen name, so that he could never find out that you were the one who posted it. Something like "Little Steve" should be obvious enough for us, but completely throw him :?: :?: :idea: :mrgreen:

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 07 Jun 2012 07:58

Time to put my wellies on and wade in!! I do recall that Big Mike did actually mention two names on the 'other thread' (I am presuming this is the TSI takeover thread). I remember it quite well simply because it seemed to be missed by a lot of people posting afterwards. Engaging my dull memory, I think this was mentioned as a sounding out about the chances of a year long loan? I think the name mentioned was Jermaine Defoe. However, I maybe wrong. I have slept since then. And RFC have been linked with just about any player with a pulse.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 07 Jun 2012 08:39

If Liverpool was an option for Gylfi, then are Reading really an option?

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 07 Jun 2012 09:04

Sorry for being a bit dense but could someone remind me what ITK stands for?

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 07 Jun 2012 09:11

Gordons Cumming If Liverpool was an option for Gylfi, then are Reading really an option?

Is that similar to the question "if a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 07 Jun 2012 09:12

Barry the bird boggler Sorry for being a bit dense but could someone remind me what ITK stands for?

Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 07 Jun 2012 09:13

Incredibly turgid kock

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 07 Jun 2012 09:40

Elm Park Pasty

Time to put my wellies on and wade in!! I do recall that Big Mike did actually mention two names on the 'other thread' (I am presuming this is the TSI takeover thread). I remember it quite well simply because it seemed to be missed by a lot of people posting afterwards. Engaging my dull memory, I think this was mentioned as a sounding out about the chances of a year long loan? I think the name mentioned was Jermaine Defoe. However, I maybe wrong. I have slept since then. And RFC have been linked with just about any player with a pulse.

I did mention Defoe but I think it was in the manner of I dont think it will be him as wages would be a problem. The person I know of is on International Duty at the moment so I suspect that nothing will be heard of untill after the Euros. So that rules out the person being Scottish :lol: . He is also not English.

592 posts