SIGNED - Pavel Pogrebnyak

1333 posts
MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

Re: RUMOUR - Pavel Pogrebnyak

by MmmMonsterMunch » 18 Jun 2012 23:13

Mike Hunt
MmmMonsterMunch
Extended-Phenotype More “look-at-me” posturing with the escape hatch of divulging f/ck all to be held accountable for.

We'll look back at this as a 'call for help' somepoint in the future.

That's a bit rich. Your posts whiff of 'look at me I'm so witty and Russell Brand-esque'. Indulgent at best. I bet you have a little w@nk after each one of your zany posts to celebrate.

I do also. MMM, don't be jelous, he is a f/cking card

:lol:

Kingsley Junior

by Kingsley Junior » 19 Jun 2012 00:17

The Sun are claiming we will offer him a £13m 4 year contract - that's a £65k a week wage...

NR_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by NR_Royal » 19 Jun 2012 00:26

Kingsley Junior The Sun are claiming we will offer him a £13m 4 year contract - that's a £65k a week wage...

Surely, surely we would not spend that much money on anyone.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 19 Jun 2012 00:32

I really don't want Pogrebnyak to come. I know that's a weird thing to say about someone who is a Russian international and scored 6 in 8 for Fulham last season, it's just that I think that his record at Fulham was better than his ability.

Anyone remember Amr Zaki at Wigan? His strike rate was incredible but when he returned to Hull he couldn't score at all.

That comparison may be totally unfair, I just can't bring myself to rate the Pog and if we're smashing our wage structure, I wish it would be on a player who dominates in the air like (little) Shane Long did or has some skill like Kitson had. Pog just seemed to be in the right place at the right time and worked hard. Once again, this maybe completely unfair.

We may not even be interested in him, I'm hopefully wrong with my intuition, I just can't help thinking this would turn out a disaster.

Oh well, a pessimist is never disappointed eh?

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 19 Jun 2012 00:37

NR_Royal is spot on.

Papers :roll:

Elliott

by Elliott » 19 Jun 2012 01:46

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... radar.html

READING will smash their wage structure to land Pavel Pogrebnyak. The Royals have offered the striker a whopping £13million deal.

Pog, 28, could not prevent Russia going out of Euro 2012 despite a substitute appearance in the 1-0 defeat to Greece.

He will pick up £65,000 a week over four years if he joins the Premier League new-boys after spending half of last season on a short-term deal at Fulham.

The Cottagers look set to lose out on Pog as they cannot match that offer.

Meanwhile, Brian McDermott is ready to hijack Leicester’s £1.2million swoop for Robert Koren and give Hull’s 31-year-old midfielder another crack at the Premier League.

Boss McDermott is a long-time admirer of the former Slovenia skipper, who has had previous top-flight stints with West Brom and the Tigers.

retro royal

by retro royal » 19 Jun 2012 06:17

The sun £13m over four years, I think there is a possibility of us offering something like this, we're saving on a transfer fee, I have a feeling it will be something like 4 million up front and then £43k a week in basic and bonuses. Just hope he's not one just to come for a quick pay day, we don't normally sign players like this. Sure Brian will do his homework, and find out the character of Pavel to make sure he fits in to the Reading way.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 19 Jun 2012 06:52

8 games. All this fuss over 8 games.

£13m on the back of two good months? Yeah right.

Fingers crossed this is all bollocks.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 19 Jun 2012 07:17

This is definitely a possibility. And he's ex-zenit.

He was fairly successful (21 in 52?) at the club Anton supports back home. For that reason it could be that Anton recommended him and is willing to dig in to his pockets for this rumoured wage?

Personally, I would welcome the Pog. This may all be paper talk, but it is exciting that a wage of that amount is even being touted about our little club, right?!

Edit: when I say fairly successful, in two seasons, he was top scorer in the Uefa cup, won the russian league, Uefa Cup & Uefa Super Cup
Last edited by royalp-we on 19 Jun 2012 07:34, edited 2 times in total.

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 19 Jun 2012 07:29

PistolPete I really don't want Pogrebnyak to come. I know that's a weird thing to say about someone who is a Russian international and scored 6 in 8 for Fulham last season, it's just that I think that his record at Fulham was better than his ability.

Anyone remember Amr Zaki at Wigan? His strike rate was incredible but when he returned to Hull he couldn't score at all.

That comparison may be totally unfair, I just can't bring myself to rate the Pog and if we're smashing our wage structure, I wish it would be on a player who dominates in the air like (little) Shane Long did or has some skill like Kitson had. Pog just seemed to be in the right place at the right time and worked hard. Once again, this maybe completely unfair.

We may not even be interested in him, I'm hopefully wrong with my intuition, I just can't help thinking this would turn out a disaster.

Oh well, a pessimist is never disappointed eh?

I told a Fulham fan at work that we were interested, and her reaction was we can have him. Big bang when he first arrived, and then went largely anonymous for large spells. Having said that I am sure I saw something where Arshavin was asked who was better, The Pog or Paulychenko. He said The Pog. Not sure if that's good news considering Paulychenko was a bit up an down at Spurs :|

dogzbollox

by dogzbollox » 19 Jun 2012 07:56

It's also here as well.... but Moose probs read it in the Sun..

Ian Abrahams ‏@Moose_talkSPORT

I see Reading will smash their wage structure to land Pavel Pogrebnyak - £13m claimed Fulham can't match that offer.

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 19 Jun 2012 07:58

This might be a loss leader signing? Reading struggling to convince players they mean business so pay a high wage in order to show others we are for real? Am probably wrong but could be intent signing...

That said I think others are undetplaying how big a signing he is for reading. This is a current international striker with a European pedigree we are talking about.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 19 Jun 2012 08:00

MmmMonsterMunch
Extended-Phenotype More “look-at-me” posturing with the escape hatch of divulging f/ck all to be held accountable for.

We'll look back at this as a 'call for help' somepoint in the future.

That's a bit rich. Your posts whiff of 'look at me I'm so witty and Russell Brand-esque'. Indulgent at best. I bet you have a little w@nk after each one of your zany posts to celebrate.

I squat on a deodorant can after each one of yours.

Hrrmmt, the Lynx Effect.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 19 Jun 2012 08:03

Avon Royal 8 games. All this fuss over 8 games.

£13m on the back of two good months? Yeah right.

Fingers crossed this is all bollocks.

Why?

You'll soon moan if we end up signing some league 2 player on a free and £5k a week

:?

dogzbollox

by dogzbollox » 19 Jun 2012 08:13

Only one Trevor Morley This might be a loss leader signing? Reading struggling to convince players they mean business so pay a high wage in order to show others we are for real? Am probably wrong but could be intent signing...

This is a salient comment and I agree with it, but why him? - he's good yes but surely there are better players for that kind of money that would agree to come to li'il old Reading...

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 19 Jun 2012 08:27

Hope and pretty sure this is BS, £65k a week???? You could get defoe for that!

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 19 Jun 2012 08:29

Why are people moaning about money? It's Antons cash and if he wants to bank roll us then what's the problem - I'm sure the other board members have a say in it all anyway.

As for getting Defoe for that??? Add another £20k and you'll be right

Anyone would think its their money we're spending

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 19 Jun 2012 08:39

Rofl if true, people would be moaning about the death of football if this story was about QPR or West Ham.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 19 Jun 2012 08:53

IF, and it's a big if, this story is true - then we should be going all out to get Gylfi if we have that sort of money imo.

Or, if true, is it just because he's a Russian that Anton wants him here? :|

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 19 Jun 2012 08:57

£65k a week wouldn't be the basic wage :|

It'll be around half that and then the rest made up of goal, appearance, loyalty, staying in the prem bonus'

He's a free transfer so it's actually cheaper than signing someone for £7m and then giving them £35k a week

1333 posts