SIGNED - Nicky Shorey

376 posts
Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

Re: SPECULATION - Nicky Shorey

by Mike Hunt » 07 Jun 2012 17:21

Extended-Phenotype Please let it be a picture of me you are sobbing into when you neck the pills, stalky.

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Jun 2012 18:55

Bring Back The SB
Ian Royal
Extended-Phenotype McD - Call him and his agent, get 'em round with the promise of a contract, and then in the last half of the meeting just start looking around bored, talking really slowly, not give a shit about the meeting at all, be careless with the pen perhaps even give the pen away to a passing tea lady, and then leave.

:lol:

It shows what type of person you are if you find that funny, Ian.

And your actions show exactly what sort of scumbag you are.

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 07 Jun 2012 20:36

shorey was spotted in town on Saturday. Probably means nothing but it could mean something...

like he went shopping.

retro royal

by retro royal » 06 Jul 2012 17:20

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... rey-return?

Sky Sports understands Reading are lining up a surprise move to bring Nicky Shorey back to the club.

Shorey is available on a free transfer and is looking for a new club after leaving West Brom earlier this summer.

A number of clubs are thought to be keen on signing the former England international, but Reading are ready to offer him a return to the Madejski Stadium.

Reading boss Brian McDermott is keen to bolster his squad and he sees Shorey's experience as a valuable addition to his plans for life back in the Premier League

Shorey, who enjoyed seven seasons at Reading before leaving for Aston Villa in 2008, is a huge fans' favourite and he played a key role in the club's first promotion to the Premier League in 2006.
Last edited by retro royal on 06 Jul 2012 17:21, edited 1 time in total.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 06 Jul 2012 17:41

Better than signing no-one!

Blakey's Right Peg

by Blakey's Right Peg » 06 Jul 2012 18:05

If the only worry with Harte is his lack of pace, Shorey ain't exactly lightning.

moonwalklikebas

by moonwalklikebas » 06 Jul 2012 18:11

Always rated him, left like a bit of a knob but would have him back in a heartbeat. His no.3 is still availble and would love to see him it again! Shame its not Armstrong in the prem! Shorey would be a solid and Free addition that would add quality.

Blakey's Right Peg

by Blakey's Right Peg » 06 Jul 2012 18:13

I'd rather stick with Harte than have Shorey back.

Niko

by Niko » 06 Jul 2012 18:15

A left back who is a bit past him prime and good at set pieces? Think we already have one of those...

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 06 Jul 2012 20:45

Awesome.

Since his days we always look to play out through the left back. This is why we can't drop Harte, his ability on the ball is crucial to our possession. Shorey is also tidy on the ball, and worthy of set pieces. Would provide a 2nd Harte,play whoevers on form.

Sure he's not pacey either, but not like we are going to play 2 left backs, one to defend one to attack. And I think we've come to accept the occasional raping by pace for the benefits of a tidy player.

royal67

by royal67 » 06 Jul 2012 21:11

More of a defensive liability than Harte in my opinion. Undoubtably better going forward but his positioning was bobbins during his time at WBA and he got got caught out by pacey wingers all too often. He will restrict the ability of Jobi to get forward as much as he will need to. Always thought that the Shorey / Convey combination was the best I have seen down the left for Reading but his best days are long gone.......

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Jul 2012 21:38

Serious meh. But he's good back up to push Harte and make sure he performs. We've seen how he can slip in quality if he doesn't feel he's being pushed.

robbieroyal

Re: SPECULATION - NICKY SHOREY

by robbieroyal » 06 Jul 2012 21:41

robbieroyal Shorey was in Reading on Friday, not sure if he has family or Friends there but he was seen.

Think he has been in talks previously this Summer, I'd be a bit gutted if this comes off. We just taking anyone who is available on a Free.

Please no....

JS28ZoD

by JS28ZoD » 07 Jul 2012 00:10

I'd be a bit underwhelmed by this, in my opinion we need to be looking at signing a new 1st choice left back with Hatre as back up, someone like Connolly can then supplement the position in the 25.

However, in Brian we trust!

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 07 Jul 2012 07:23

No thanks

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 07 Jul 2012 10:13

He was a great player for us until the end of the season he left us. This smacks of he'd come back because we're in the Prem. We do need cover for Harte - but Shorey isn't that young anymore himself so, personally, I think we could do better than Shorey and I think there would be some fans who would give him a hard time if he came back - not least the 2 cavemen who sit along my row and who threatened to hit me when they were moving off at Shorey as I was leaving and trying to get past them and made the comment "he's not THAT bad you know". In fact, maybe we should get Shorey back - if only to see these 2 self combust!!

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 07 Jul 2012 10:31

I'd be happy with this signing - looks like I'm the only one too

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 07 Jul 2012 11:01

He was great for a while and we missed him dreadfully when he left, because we no longer had a defender who could carry the ball up to the half-way line. Perhaps he is our second best player ever?

However, he was awful in his last season with us - the complete opposite of Sidwell. He really didn't try and couldn't give a toss because he knew he was off to better things. I would like to see him go and warm the bench somewhere else.

Basildon

by Basildon » 07 Jul 2012 11:12

Handsome Man He was great for a while and we missed him dreadfully when he left, because we no longer had a defender who could carry the ball up to the half-way line. Perhaps he is our second best player ever?

However, he was awful in his last season with us - the complete opposite of Sidwell. He really didn't try and couldn't give a toss because he knew he was off to better things. I would like to see him go and warm the bench somewhere else.

Our second best player ever? Really?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 07 Jul 2012 11:17

Ian Royal Serious meh. But he's good back up to push Harte and make sure he performs. We've seen how he can slip in quality if he doesn't feel he's being pushed.

If Shorey is backup to Harte we do have problems down the left side.

376 posts