Friendly; Palace (H) - The final countdown

KDRF

Re: Friendly; Palace (H) - The final countdown

by KDRF » 12 Aug 2012 12:41

royal67
Turns8 My views of the new lads...

McCleary now, first half didn't really do much and made me question if Forest had stitched us up and it was McGugan we were meant to have signed!!...2nd half though he was a different player...very direct, has a few tricks, and is a combination of Kebe, Mcanuff and Hal all rolled into one...He's not as fast or as 'lucky' as Kebe, is very similar to McAnuff in how he attacks the fullback and then has the composure to deliver quite a few decent crosses, slightly better than Hal.

Massive understatement. I'm still not convinced by Hal..... A lot of puff and bluster but he's still far too inconsistent. Yes there were a couple of inspirational moments from him yesterday but he's streets behind our other wing meisters. He will be found out this season......
You probably didnt catch it from the commentary on the radio but HRK was class and arguably better than Guthrie. If you went to the game, well then that statement is embarrassing.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 12 Aug 2012 13:05

urz13
royal67

McCleary now, first half didn't really do much and made me question if Forest had stitched us up and it was McGugan we were meant to have signed!!...2nd half though he was a different player...very direct, has a few tricks, and is a combination of Kebe, Mcanuff and Hal all rolled into one...He's not as fast or as 'lucky' as Kebe, is very similar to McAnuff in how he attacks the fullback and then has the composure to deliver quite a few decent crosses, slightly better than Hal.

Massive understatement. I'm still not convinced by Hal..... A lot of puff and bluster but he's still far too inconsistent. Yes there were a couple of inspirational moments from him yesterday but he's streets behind our other wing meisters. He will be found out this season......

:|

Hal was superb yesterday, didn't give it away once, fantastic crosses, beat his man, tracked back well. He was better than McCleary, who's crossing was 50% great and 50% crap.

Either we were watching different games or you got McCleary and HRK mixed up. I'm normally a fan of HRK, but he was poor yesterday. In the first half he struggled to beat his man, and his crossing was poor. In the second half things opened up a bit and he was more effective. He's the new Stephen Hunt, great impact player off the bench but a lack of real technical ability means he will struggle to make an impact early on. Cue him scoring a goal in the first minute against Stoke.

Guthrie is brilliant. The only thing he has in common with Matejovsky is he can pass. Stylistically he's more like Leigertwood, except he's a great passer and his all round ability is higher.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 12 Aug 2012 14:10

Palace thoughts before during and after the game. What a massive load of bumlords.

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=234905

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 12 Aug 2012 14:25

Focher Palace thoughts before during and after the game. What a massive load of bumlords.

the were aresholes last season, theres no reason why the close season will have changed them.
Last edited by windermere_royal on 12 Aug 2012 14:45, edited 1 time in total.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 12 Aug 2012 14:41

Focher Palace thoughts before during and after the game. What a massive load of bumlords.

And I thought our STG's were bad.

LOL @ them getting butthurt over none other than Tim Dellor on page 13

plroyals

by plroyals » 12 Aug 2012 15:25

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 12 Aug 2012 15:49

:lol:

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 12 Aug 2012 15:50

SCIAG
urz13
royal67

Hal was superb yesterday, didn't give it away once, fantastic crosses, beat his man, tracked back well. He was better than McCleary, who's crossing was 50% great and 50% crap.

Either we were watching different games or you got McCleary and HRK mixed up. I'm normally a fan of HRK, but he was poor yesterday. In the first half he struggled to beat his man, and his crossing was poor. In the second half things opened up a bit and he was more effective. He's the new Stephen Hunt, great impact player off the bench but a lack of real technical ability means he will struggle to make an impact early on. Cue him scoring a goal in the first minute against Stoke.

Guthrie is brilliant. The only thing he has in common with Matejovsky is he can pass. Stylistically he's more like Leigertwood, except he's a great passer and his all round ability is higher.

It's opinion, but I thought Hal was brilliant. Bar one miscued cross, his crosses were pacey, in the right areas, the right hight and he mixed up where he put them. Great ball in for Alf, linked well with Guthrie and Pog all game too. Beat his man in the first half several times, unlike McCleary. Opinion seems to be split on his performance yesterday but most around me agreed that he was brilliant

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 12 Aug 2012 16:01

I didn't think Hal was "brilliant". He put in that one good pass for ALF to finish but anything he put in the air was just a floating ball which the defence dealt with easily. He barely got past his man, mainly because he seems to have a complete lack of pace, all he ever does is take the ball out wider quite slowly then pass it back to Harte. To be fair he was getting so little support from Harte that he often had to try and beat 3 men on his own.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular

by urz13 » 12 Aug 2012 16:07

This is why I love Tim Dellor :lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Aug 2012 16:34

urz13

This is why I love Tim Dellor :lol:

That's why I dislike listening to Dellor.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular

by urz13 » 12 Aug 2012 17:56

SomePalacePrick Let's not beat about the bush here - Reading were dire - cast-iron bet to finish bottom of the Greed League and we never troubled them really.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular

by urz13 » 12 Aug 2012 17:57

And also
Get every penny you've got on Reading to finish bottom - if that was close to their strongest team they have absolutely no chance. They were rubbish.

:lol:

royal67

by royal67 » 12 Aug 2012 19:31

KDRF
royal67

You probably didnt catch it from the commentary on the radio but HRK was class and arguably better than Guthrie. If you went to the game, well then that statement is embarrassing.

I was at the game. I was stating my opinion. Guthrie was MOTM, Hal wasn't close.........

royal67

by royal67 » 12 Aug 2012 19:37

chilipepper91 I didn't think Hal was "brilliant". He put in that one good pass for ALF to finish but anything he put in the air was just a floating ball which the defence dealt with easily. He barely got past his man, mainly because he seems to have a complete lack of pace, all he ever does is take the ball out wider quite slowly then pass it back to Harte. To be fair he was getting so little support from Harte that he often had to try and beat 3 men on his own.

^^ This......... ^^

royal67

by royal67 » 12 Aug 2012 19:39

urz13
royal67

No...... Maybe two decent crosses in the entire game, was dispossessed too easily. Don't know which game you were watching?

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 12 Aug 2012 19:43

This is a football message board. Players are either shite or superb - there's no middle ground allowed.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Aug 2012 20:06

I love how two people who were at the same game see things so differently. Ahh the wonderful world of viewing a game through eyes tinted with personal bias, and only seeing what you're expecting to see.

royal67

by royal67 » 12 Aug 2012 21:33

Ian Royal I love how two people who were at the same game see things so differently. Ahh the wonderful world of viewing a game through eyes tinted with personal bias, and only seeing what you're expecting to see.

Perhaps, wouldn't life be dull if there was no debate or difference of opinion? What was your view of the teams performance out of interest?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Aug 2012 23:30

royal67
Ian Royal I love how two people who were at the same game see things so differently. Ahh the wonderful world of viewing a game through eyes tinted with personal bias, and only seeing what you're expecting to see.

Perhaps, wouldn't life be dull if there was no debate or difference of opinion? What was your view of the teams performance out of interest?

I don't go to friendlies, and I didn't listen either, so I don't have one other than nice result.

I expect minor differences, but one of you has to be clueless if one thinks HRK was great and the other thinks he was toss. Or possibly both.