stoke fan here !

154 posts
Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

Re: Potters fan in peace!!!

by Gus the teenage cow » 14 Aug 2012 18:08

Juemilton Hi there I am one of the moderators for Potters on line a Stoke City Forum. Would really appreciate a bit of feedback
about our up and coming game. I'll pop back later this week to collect your comments but please feel free to take a look at our site too ....

1. How do you think Reading will do this season, and where do you think you will finish in the premier league table ?

to be honest we'd be happy not to get last, give me 19th and i'd take it, the new signings have not impressed our fanbase, seems we can only get mercenaries and cast-offs from other sides

2. Who is your star man at the moment ? anyone we should watch out for ?

Ian Harte, the deadest left foot in the game, scores more goals and gets more assists than most strikers

in fact i'd encourage our manager to play him in the false 9 position (I love saying false 9) - I think he lacks a bit of pace so maybe this position would suit him maybe - it's a risky move but i see him as a kind of Irish Riquelme

3. What are your views on Stoke City ?

a decent championship club, not sure what you lot bring to the PL other than a slightly in-bred fanbase which was initially alarming but has since become rather touching

4. Which (if any) Stoke player(s) would have at Reading?

Sidibe is a beast, the thinking man's Emile Heskey, surprised he wasn't in the mix for Hodgsons Euro 2012 squad, he is like Jason Roberts on speed

5. What is your score prediction ?

2-3 not sure to who but there will be goals because both teams tend to make numerous inexplicable errors and also benefit from them, a topsy-turvy season ahead

Cheers everyone

Whatever mate

Last edited by Gus the teenage cow on 14 Aug 2012 18:26, edited 2 times in total.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Aug 2012 18:15

Juemilton Hi there I am one of the moderators for Potters on line a Stoke City Forum. Would really appreciate a bit of feedback
about our up and coming game. I'll pop back later this week to collect your comments but please feel free to take a look at our site too ....

1. How do you think Reading will do this season, and where do you think you will finish in the premier league table ? I think we'll do ok and will finish above Stoke

2. Who is your star man at the moment ? anyone we should watch out for ? Probably Pog - watch out for all of our players actually

3. What are your views on Stoke City ? Freezing cold, breezy ground when we visit in Winter. Not that friendly.

4. Which (if any) Stoke player(s) would have at Reading? I like Huth and Etherington - do they still play for you?

5. What is your score prediction ? 2-1 Reading

Cheers everyone

My pleasure.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 14 Aug 2012 18:20

Juemilton
1. How do you think Reading will do this season, and where do you think you will finish in the premier league table ? Bottom

2. Who is your star man at the moment ? anyone we should watch out for ? Michail Antonio

3. What are your views on Stoke City ? bunch of knuckle dragging clayhead spastics

4. Which (if any) Stoke player(s) would have at Reading? Peter Hoekstra

5. What is your score prediction ? 0-0

Isaac Hunt

by Isaac Hunt » 14 Aug 2012 18:24

[quote="Juemilton"
1. How do you think Reading will do this season, and where do you think you will finish in the premier league table ?

somewhere in the bottom six

No "star" man as such. Some say the manager

big, competitive, long throws, Pulis can be a bit of a c*nt etc etc

Shawcross, Etherington, Walters

someone will win by the odd goal in 3

[/quote]

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 14 Aug 2012 18:28

11th

Jimmy kebe and Jimmy Kebe

You have turned into an established prem club and pulis is a good manager

Michael Kightly

0 - 0

Reading Aloud

by Reading Aloud » 14 Aug 2012 18:34

Could be a bit of a struggle at times, but will avoid relegation

High hopes for Pavel Pogrebnyak. Also look out for Garath McCleary

Well run club, but not a fan of Pulis's style of play tbh

Matthew Etherington

Reading 2 - 1 Stoke

Cheers everyone

reading_fan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by reading_fan » 14 Aug 2012 18:40

Juemilton 1. How do you think Reading will do this season, and where do you think you will finish in the premier league table ?
We'll beat the drop I think, the bottom 12 sides are all fairly even so any of them could go if they have a bad season. 14th I reckon.

Pogrebnyak looks a great signing, and Danny Guthrie has played some incisive passes in the pre-season games

A similar size club to ourselves, just with a richer history. Traditionally this is a lower league fixture so will be odd to see it in the Prem in some respects.

Etherington

1-0 Royals

You're about the third Stokie on here asking similar questions which is why you're getting some more sarcastic answers - look at one of the other "Stoke fan here" threads for more sensible answers :wink:

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 14 Aug 2012 19:03

1. How do you think Reading will do this season, and where do you think you will finish in the premier league table ? I think we might surprise a few and finish around 12th. I'll bite your arm off for 17th though.

2. Who is your star man at the moment ? anyone we should watch out for ? Pogrebnyak if we have to pick one; then Guthrie. Great vision and pass.

3. What are your views on Stoke City ? Same size club as Reading. Done well to stay in the PL but spent a lot to achieve it. I guess that's what's required these days. Likeable club, good vocal support.

4. Which (if any) Stoke player(s) would have at Reading? Crouch. Otherwise it's not a squad with any stars; but like us, together it works and gets results.

5. What is your score prediction ? 2-0 home win. We're an unknown quality. We stifle sides, we're full of energy and will break using pace on the wings. I think we'll surprise a lot of people this season, especially when they expect three points when they come here.

Cheers everyone

No problem. Welcome to the board.

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 14 Aug 2012 19:15

Nailbiting season ahead.
Hopefully one of our new signings
I like you, passionate, loud decent fans.
A fit Robert Huth and Matty Upson was one of the best players I've seen in a Reading shirt and I'd take Ryan Shawcross
2-1 not sure who to though.....
Cheers everyone

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Aug 2012 19:21

Tricky, we should be good enough to stay up, my guess is 14th - 16th but it wouldn't be a suprise to be relegated.
McDermott the manager.
Awful football, decent club similar to us in stature. Good to see you pissing off the big boys.
paid bugger all attention to the PL last season, so no idea. Who have you got who's a nice dedicated team player?
2-1 to the Royals
Cheers everyone

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 14 Aug 2012 21:42

Not entirely sure anybody knows how we'll do this season. The obvious dream is to be as good as we were last time around where we ended up finishing a quite incredible 8th position and, in the last game, just one goal away from Europe (it's still quite inexplicable why we didn't apply for the Inter-two-bob because we'd have qualified). Any Reading fan with half a brain cell will snap your hand off for 17th place though which, incidentally, we could have grabbed off Fulham in 2008 despite Fulham's win at Fratton Park (did know know Fratton Park backwards is Krap Nott Arf?) had we scored just 3 more goals. Sounds a fruitless task, but against Derby on the last day of the season it wasn't beyond the realms of possibility. Seriously.

That''s just the thing with this side, up until recently it has had no outstanding player since Shane Long left. It has some fairly well known names if you know your football such as Leigertwood, Noel Hunt, McAnuff etc but if you were to ask me to pick out a single outstanding player then I'd struggle. That said, the signings of Guthrie and Pogrebnyak are possibly the biggest signings this club has ever made but it remains to be seen how they do here.

Never had a problem with them personally. Knew a couple of Stoke fans at University which, considering I went to Staffs is, I suppose, to be expected. Pulis sides are always physical bruisers, he's moulded numerous teams in that fashion whenever he's had time. Stoke are the richest club he's been at so no surprise that he's managed to bring in the physical bruisers with the technical ability to go with the brawn - see Kenwyne Jones as the prime example. Very similar to us, mOst of your attacking play comes in the form of either wing play, mainly through Etherington (always a must in any fantasy team) and set pieces. Very surprising Pulis hasn't managed to establish a method of getting consistent results away yet though which bodes well for us.

I'd like to say Matthew Etherington but we have a dearth of wingers and he'd struggle to fill the cult-hero status held by Jimmy Kebe - he does what he wants, just ask West Ham. Your central defensive partnership of Huth and Shawcross is one to envy , and I'd actually like to see Peter Crouch in a Reading shirt. Gets an unwarranted bad press I think.

Don't do predictions I'm afraid, I always jinx it.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 14 Aug 2012 21:58

Juemilton What are your views on Stoke City ?

I never really got the 5 cities in one thing. Well, I mean I get it, but I don't see why such a big thing is made of it - surely loads of other cities are made up of suburbs that used to be towns in their own right.

Other than that, I'd say it's a pretty ghastly place, but TBF does benefit from cheap property prices and is geographically quite handy, with the peaks on your doorstep for example.

Oh and 0-0.

Stuboo

by Stuboo » 14 Aug 2012 22:05

1. How do you think Reading will do this season, and where do you think you will finish in the premier league table ? 10th - 17th

2. Who is your star man at the moment ? anyone we should watch out for ? Jimmy Kebe, Harte from free kicks and corners

3. What are your views on Stoke City ? Loud passionate home support.

4. Which (if any) Stoke player(s) would have at Reading? Crouchy

5. What is your score prediction ? 2-1

Cheers everyone

You are welcome

plroyals

Re: stoke fan here !

by plroyals » 14 Aug 2012 22:13

Tough season ahead, but some good signings has added depth and quality to the squad. 16th.

we don't really have a star man, the success we have had is built on a good hard working team effort. if i had to choose one it would be one of the new signings, the pog or guthrie.

well run club with a good set up. a model for promoted clubs on how to become established. play to your strengths and it's worked for you so far. good vocal fans.

Matthew Etherington and Ryan Shawcross.

will be a tight game. 0-0 or 1-0 either way.

154 posts