Those Fake Hoops...

896 posts
facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Those Fake Hoops...

by facaldaqui » 02 Oct 2012 14:41

Tony Le Mesmer
Of course its not, Inter won the CL with players mostly over 30. Difference was that they were all playing at their peak. QPR have signed players who are well past their peak and, to put it simply, are getting worse as players. A lot of whom have a terrible track record with injuries.

This would have totally put me off Zamora and, particularly, Johnson. As for Dyer ... he may be on a play as you go, but surely you want the soundest squad, injury-wise, that you can get.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 02 Oct 2012 15:04

Jackson Corner I couldn't believe the number of empty seats for a London derby? Maybe Tredder can explain? Not sure how they expect to fill there new 40,000 seater stadium.

Small club.

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 02 Oct 2012 15:14

Tony Le Mesmer
Tredder We've built a squad, Nelson hasn't been given a long contract. Zamora, Bosingwa, Cisse and Park are marginally over 30, is it mandatory to be deemed OTT at 30?

Of course its not, Inter won the CL with players mostly over 30. Difference was that they were all playing at their peak. QPR have signed players who are well past their peak and, to put it simply, are getting worse as players. A lot of whom have a terrible track record with injuries. IMO, a squad built like that is looking at lower mid table as a best case scenario. Whilst relegation would be an utter disaster. Not to mention what might happen if Fernandez's suddenly finds himself not being as rich as he once was, or has been involved in dodgy business (and there are plenty of examples of that.)

LOL, i think the last line deserves to have come from Spacey.

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 02 Oct 2012 15:17

facaldaqui I've always wondered about Hughes's credentials. He did better than most managers with Wales for a bit, yes. At Blackburn, he showed he was a competent manager, no more. Difficult to assess his achievements at City: Mancini has done better with the same resources. Hughes showed at City that he is capable of bad buys. He didn't do great at Fulham--just about competent again; Hodgson did better there. He failed to reverse things much at QPR last year.

I raised my eyebrow when he said at the end of the season, to drive home that the relegation struggle was not his fault: "This won't happen again". But he had already made errors of judgement: dropping Helguson was one, I thought. Surely Helguson would have done him more good than Cissé.

Ultimately, he will be judged on this season, these are his players, mixed in with a smattering of NW's, it doesn't take a football genius to see that leaking comedy goals every game isn't going to gain you points, as for the age thing, if you're good enough you'll do ok, Nelson has been immense, and i think should be made captain, lead from the back and not from a marketing perspective.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 02 Oct 2012 16:00

So whats the LOL for then Tredder? Unless you genuinely think QPRs transfer policy is sound?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Oct 2012 17:31

Tredder Jeez, the capacity is just over 18k and West Ham didn't sell their allocation and there were a few seats missing in the corner..etc..etc..

As for going down, i will happily wage any money on here with anyone, to say we don't, when MH finally addresses the fact that JS Park is not a captain, and we've sold enough shirts on the back of his marketing, then we'll be ok.

Clint Hill at left back, shoeshine in the 11, Park captain, Onohua in the 11, sort that out and we'll be fine, i just can't see why you'd have Hoilett and Adel on the bench, but hey ho, it was a defeat and WBA away is not going to be fun, but after Everton, we've got a series of easier games, so fingers crossed.

The tragic thing for you lot, although you think 1 relegation spot has been taken, that still leaves another 2.

Your capacity is only 18k? And with everyone crammed in? Blimey.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 02 Oct 2012 18:27

Hearing on the grapevine Scolari could be in line to take over from Hughes if results don't improve.......

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 02 Oct 2012 19:27

Tredder Jeez, the capacity is just over 18k and West Ham didn't sell their allocation and there were a few seats missing in the corner..etc..etc..

As for going down, i will happily wage any money on here with anyone, to say we don't, when MH finally addresses the fact that JS Park is not a captain, and we've sold enough shirts on the back of his marketing, then we'll be ok.

Clint Hill at left back, shoeshine in the 11, Park captain, Onohua in the 11, sort that out and we'll be fine, i just can't see why you'd have Hoilett and Adel on the bench, but hey ho, it was a defeat and WBA away is not going to be fun, but after Everton, we've got a series of easier games, so fingers crossed.

The tragic thing for you lot, although you think 1 relegation spot has been taken, that still leaves another 2.

Yes we may well get relegated but at least we won't have spent millions to achieve it.

Out of interest Tredder would you say Ferdinand was any better the Kaspers? Bearing in mind he would be on double his wages?

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 02 Oct 2012 19:46

Gorkks is ok, but he's a poor team premiership defender and a very good championship player, he's at the right club.
I wouldn't have either

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 03 Oct 2012 18:52

£45 for a visit to watch this amazingly assembled squad? Anyone IN?

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 03 Oct 2012 19:47

IN

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 04 Oct 2012 09:58

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 04 Oct 2012 10:05

What’s particularly funny is how Tredder was giving it large before the season started because of all the money they’d spent and how he lol’d at anyone who suggested that buying up loads of average players on huge salaries might not be a recipe for success.

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 04 Oct 2012 11:20

Not sure Park, Granero, Hoilett and Cesar are average.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 04 Oct 2012 11:22

Tredder Not sure Park, Granero, Hoilett and Cesar are average.

I would say Park is average - there is no way Fergie would have let him go if he was still in his prime.....

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 04 Oct 2012 11:26

What are we comparing average to? Tabb?

Whether he's an Man U or us, he's slightly better than average, as is Zamora.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 04 Oct 2012 12:00

Tredder Gorkks is ok, but he's a poor team premiership defender and a very good championship player, he's at the right club.
I wouldn't have either

He is at the right club, because we get the best out of players and QPR do the opposite.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Oct 2012 12:12

Tredder What are we comparing average to? Tabb?

Was. And was. If your players are better than average, why are in a relegation fight? Again.

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 04 Oct 2012 12:50

No Fixed Abode This fake hoop business is definitely the gayest thing ever.

No Fixed Abode 1-0 to the real hoops.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=115352&start=20

bless :lol:

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 04 Oct 2012 14:00

Ian Royal
Tredder What are we comparing average to? Tabb?

Was. And was. If your players are better than average, why are in a relegation fight? Again.

Is it easter already

896 posts