Jason Roberts...Do you sometimes find him annoying?!

1019 posts
Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Jason Roberts...Do you sometimes find him annoying?!

by Hampshire Royal » 21 Oct 2012 18:52

Ideal black supremacist

If you weren't such a fcuking pathetic excuse for an individual, you'd be quite funny!!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 21 Oct 2012 18:54

Oh fcuking great. Some newbie quotes Anders and now everyone gets to read his bullshit.

Still Hate Futcher!

by Still Hate Futcher! » 21 Oct 2012 21:15

Royal Lady Roberts' tantrum hasn't helped the cause now.

You obviously saw a different interview to me. That was the calmest, most measured tantrum I've ever seen (particularly considering how common toy throwing is in football). It's called voicing an opinion.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 21 Oct 2012 21:18

The only way I'd feel my opinions challenged, Ideal, is if somone came up with a reasonable alternative to them. I'm sorry, but you just aren't clever enough to do that and your 'opinions' are quite simply worthless.

Does your hatred of anyone who isn't pure Aryan stem from Penis Envy?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 21 Oct 2012 21:28

Alexander Litvinenko I think Show Racism the Red Card deserves far, far more of the credit for changes in the game - but they're not funded from inside football (except a small donation from the PFA) so what they can do is appropriate and make a difference.

Kick It Out is almost wholly funded from within football, and so has to kow-tow to its leaders and not ruffle feathers. A couple of years ago KIO virtually ran out of funds and had to apply to the PL for "emergency funding" to stay in business. In the same way that the PL funds Supporters Direct and other advocacy and representative organisations in the game, there's a tacit understanding that the funding comes as long as you don't make too many waves and don't criticise the funders or what they stand for.

KIO won't ruffle feathers because they know they'll lose their funding again .....they need funding without strings attached to be effective. And *that's* the key argument.

I can see the worth in that argument but I'm not sure it's actually needed.

Outside bodies kicking up a fuss over incidents and basically being more militant and confrontational probably isn't going to have the right effect on footballs governing bodies or those members of society that really need the education. What football needs, and IMO already does, is to take racial incidents seriously and consistently. Treat them with the contempt they deserve and deal with the culprits. I think that's being done, in this country, pretty well.

Football needs the support of society as a whole in order to tackle racism as an issue and to stamp out abuse. Players taking an aggressive stance against KIO isn't going to do that. I just don't see the point of basically attacking a charitable organisation who undertake a decent amount of work to help the evolution of thinking regarding racism moving in the right direction. It just seems to me that Roberts, and those that are following his lead (and I don't include Lescott here btw) are lashing out at KIO because it follows on so quickly after the awful scenes in Serbia.

KIO are the wrong target. Show Racism the Red Card are likewise the wrong target (although I don't see why you think they deserve more credit Dirk, they're work doesn't seem to be more effective to me).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember Roberts speaking out about Ferdinands 'choc ice' re-tweet and his minimal fine. I don't remember him speaking out and calling for Terry's ban to be X before the FA found him guilty.

I just wonder exactly what these players want. It just seems like lashing out aimlessly and having a bit of a hissy fit against the wrong people.

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 21 Oct 2012 23:00

JUst the black lads that got sent off today for nothing challenges and you're saying there's no racism in the EPL

You all need to take a long hard look at yourselfs :|

Is this board predominantly white?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 21 Oct 2012 23:08

You're having a laugh, right? :|

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Oct 2012 23:42

Ideal TheSiege, it's quite funny really, how those forum users take to their high horse and preach how much better they are than others, yet in their own post they spout hatefilled vile language, branding others with names and what not, all the time claiming that it is the others and not themselves who are full of hate.
I say they are the ones spouting hateful rubbish, they are just too blind to understand it, and they do it simply because someone dares to challenge their opinions.

Well I don't preach race and anti women hate, but apart from that you're mostly correct. Have to say though! TheSeige!! is a massive twat!

Stuboo

by Stuboo » 22 Oct 2012 01:06

Royal Rother You're having a laugh, right? :|

I hope he is.

Stuboo

by Stuboo » 22 Oct 2012 05:22

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 22 Oct 2012 06:58

creative_username_1 JUst the black lads that got sent off today for nothing challenges and you're saying there's no racism in the EPL

You all need to take a long hard look at yourselfs :|

Is this board predominantly white?

And this clown does the issue no good at all and this type of thing is half the problem? why does everything have to be because you are black? It's you that are making it a Black/White thing.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 22 Oct 2012 06:59

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 22 Oct 2012 08:13

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 22 Oct 2012 08:14

Alexander Litvinenko

Clarke Carlisle. Why?

Benefit of the doubt and all that.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular

by Alexander Litvinenko » 22 Oct 2012 08:39

Bored with this thread. So many people have so many different agendas and so many different points being discussed it's getting tiresome.

But I will post a link to an excellent blog where the last two articles explains Roberts's protests very neatly :

http://www.okwonga.com

okwonga ....
I have worked with Kick It Out – whose name has been changed to address all forms of discrimination in football, not just racism – and I have found them to be a very smart, very diligent group. We worked together on a campaign to address homophobic chanting at football matches, and the experience was a revealing one, for two reasons. First, though they had a series of excellent ideas, they were working within very considerable constraints: they were only granted a small five-figure sum for a promotional video. Secondly, they were operating on something of a leash. That same video, carefully crafted with the assistance of advertising firm Ogilvy & Mather, was then pulled at the last moment by the FA, who were apparently worried about its controversial content. The only reason that the video ever saw the light of day was that it was leaked to BBC Newsnight.

Kick It Out therefore operate in an atmosphere of caution and confinement. As they have stated today, “certain myths and misinformation about Kick It Out’s remit have been laid down…We are not a decision-making organisation with power and resource as some people think, and can only work effectively in the context of these partnerships” [My italics].

The last sentence says it all. In its own words, it is “a small campaigning charity” working in partnership with football’s leading authorities. There are only seven of them. Last year they had a budget of just over £450,000, of which £330,000 (about 73%) was provided by the FA, the Professional Footballers’ Association and the Premier League. Kick It Out does not have the influence and independence to speak unbridled truth to power. Nor was it ever meant to. Roberts’ important contention is that the current system is ineffectual; the football’s governing authorities cannot be trusted to regulate themselves, and are in need of more robust checks and balances. Kick It Out are unfortunate in that their success in gaining visibility has made them the public emblem of all efforts to fight discrimination in football; and that they are thus the unlucky anvil on which Roberts has chosen to beat out his point.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 22 Oct 2012 08:44

All this talk about not having enough black managers or whatever - do we know the number of black/asian/non-white people who have taken their coaching badges etc, are ready to be a manager and have been refused by all clubs they've applied to? Personally, I think it's a myth - if you're good enough to be a manager, someone will take you on. I've never heard of anyone, black, white or otherwise bemoaning that they can't get a managerial job because of their colour. :|

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 22 Oct 2012 08:46

Alexander Litvinenko So many people have so many different agendas and so many different points being discussed it's getting tiresome

On a discussion forum? Whatever next..........

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular

by Alexander Litvinenko » 22 Oct 2012 08:49

Avon Royal
Alexander Litvinenko So many people have so many different agendas and so many different points being discussed it's getting tiresome

On a discussion forum? Whatever next..........

Big difference between opinions and agendas, which is why I chose the latter word..... :roll:

A lot of what is being put forward isn't anything to do with the thread - JR & KIO t-shirt - but there are half a dozen sub-texts about if football is racist and if so how much, and of course all the casual internet racists have turned up as if on clue in order to muddy the waters even further.

So posts about the actual OP now in the minority.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 22 Oct 2012 09:03

Of course it's to do with the thread if we're now asking about the extent of racism in football and we're discussing JR and his attitude towards KIO. :|

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 22 Oct 2012 09:33

Alexander Litvinenko

Clarke Carlisle. Why?

The same Clarke Carlisle that has spoken about his disagreement and disappointment with black players not support this years KIO week as well.

I think he's spoken really well about things this week but there is no reason why the PFA would be critical players have the freedom to make up their own minds about the t-shirt wearing.

1019 posts