Racism in football (John Terry spin-off)

1181 posts
Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Racism in football (John Terry spin-off)

by Extended-Phenotype » 26 Oct 2012 14:00

TheMaraudingDog EP, do you genuinely think that racism is a problem in football?

If so, explain in detail why.

Dear TMD,

I think racism is a problem in football because you probably over think things, get nervous just before it’s about to happen, and the stress you put yourself under worrying about whether you’d be any good, or whether your penis is big enough etc, prevents you from becoming aroused. You would probably find yourself able to get erections in your sleep, demonstrating it is far from a medical issue, so next time just relax, or concentrate on her. You may find the act of pleasuring your partner a catalyst for the erection you crave.

Hope that answers your question, feel free to PM me with any other concerns,

Yours,
EP

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 26 Oct 2012 14:27

Extended-Phenotype
Gordons Cumming Pisses on your sense of humour too. :shock:

I'm talking about verbal insults not physical..... :roll:

"Just ignore them, and they will go away".

Worth a try....

While you indulge these attention seekers the more they'll do it.

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 26 Oct 2012 14:29

As with any idea i'd suggest testing it out before deciding whether it's going to work or not. If it does then great if not bin it.
It's that f/ucking spastic Plato's fault that we try and reason things out without actually testing them :wink:

btw I'm half white(Irish)/half Chinese (slainte eyes) but you'd not really notice the chinese side. Can't really think of any racial
insults that have bothered me tbh.I grew up in Toronto so not sure what it's like over in the UK apart from the year and a bit
i spent studying in Brighton - (matey on course was a Reading fan so used to go to the games with him/Pardew was in charge)

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 26 Oct 2012 14:30

I'm guessing this board is predominantly white as i saw a couple of collages in HoF

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 26 Oct 2012 14:34

EP in a total :| shocker

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 26 Oct 2012 14:38

Extended-Phenotype Of course there is a f/cking difference you drool of anus.

I agree.

I mean, kids get eating disorders/commit suicide/yaddayadda so often as a result of racist taunting don't they?

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 26 Oct 2012 14:40

TheMaraudingDog EP in a total :| shocker

The butt of the joke in not liking it shocker.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 26 Oct 2012 14:41

John Madejski's Wallet

I agree.

I mean, kids get eating disorders/commit suicide/yaddayadda so often as a result of racist taunting don't they?

Ask a fat black person which they find more offensive?

You would probably discover that to them, insulting their race returns them to a time where they couldn’t vote, were treated like animals, were enslaved, were tracked down and murdered, were hounded out of societies, were refused jobs, were beaten, were chased, were spat at, were treated like second class citizens.

And that being called fat was just a sign that they needed to lose a bit of f/cking weight.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 26 Oct 2012 14:51

Extended-Phenotype
John Madejski's Wallet

I agree.

Ask a fat black person which they find more offensive?

You would probably discover that to them, insulting their race returns them to a time where they couldn’t vote, were treated like animals, were enslaved, were tracked down and murdered, were hounded out of societies, were refused jobs, were beaten, were chased, were spat at, were treated like second class citizens.

And that being called fat was just a sign that they needed to lose a bit of f/cking weight.

I would agree there is a difference, but who is perpetuating that difference and making it the issue it is? At some point, as hard as it may be, there's an argument that the black community need to try and move on from it isn't there?

This generation it might be too early to do that of course as they'll hear first hand from grandparents and great-grandparents the racism they had to deal with, but in the same way as I don't hold any grudge against a German these days for the pain and suffering their country caused my family during the two world wars, isn't there a need to move on?

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 26 Oct 2012 14:57

Hoop Blah
I would agree there is a difference, but who is perpetuating that difference and making it the issue it is? At some point, as hard as it may be, there's an argument that the black community need to try and move on from it isn't there?

This generation it might be too early to do that of course as they'll hear first hand from grandparents and great-grandparents the racism they had to deal with, but in the same way as I don't hold any grudge against a German these days for the pain and suffering their country caused my family during the two world wars, isn't there a need to move on?

Do you still find that Germans behave badly towards you?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 26 Oct 2012 15:06

Only where sun loungers are concerned...

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 26 Oct 2012 15:12

LOOL

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 26 Oct 2012 15:15

Point is though, you're rightly saying that racism has greater connotations than gingerism etc because of the history behind it. That a black man will take being called black a greater insult than fat or ginger because of something that potentially happened 50, 60, 100, 200 years ago.

Don't you think at some point there needs to be an acceptance that these things need to be treated with a bit less sensitivity?

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 26 Oct 2012 15:17

spoken like a true white man

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 26 Oct 2012 15:19

Hoop Blah Point is though, you're rightly saying that racism has greater connotations than gingerism etc because of the history behind it. That a black man will take being called black a greater insult than fat or ginger because of something that potentially happened 50, 60, 100, 200 years ago.

Don't you think at some point there needs to be an acceptance that these things need to be treated with a bit less sensitivity?

Do you seriously think racism stopped? When did that happen? It may not be so overt- you cannot have advertise a flat for rent with No Blacks/Irish, but it happens every day. It happens on this board.

You'll be telling me next we have eradicated sexism, and that we have equality of opportunity.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 26 Oct 2012 15:21

Obviously.

I'm not saying it's easy, or that now is the time that we should expect it to happen (see my original point), but is the history and the sensitivity around it holding parts of the black community back?

Look at Ferdinand's choc-ice retweet. That's specifically a term used for those black men that sell out their own to get along with the bad old white man. This is a modern term for modern black men but is used as an insult within the community to single out those who have 'sold out'. Is that healthy? Isn't it just making the situation worse from within?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 26 Oct 2012 15:26

exileinleeds
Hoop Blah Point is though, you're rightly saying that racism has greater connotations than gingerism etc because of the history behind it. That a black man will take being called black a greater insult than fat or ginger because of something that potentially happened 50, 60, 100, 200 years ago.

Do you seriously think racism stopped? When did that happen? It may not be so overt- you cannot have advertise a flat for rent with No Blacks/Irish, but it happens every day. It happens on this board.

You'll be telling me next we have eradicated sexism, and that we have equality of opportunity.

No, I don't think it's completely stopped. I've not said that. I don't think it ever will in the same way as crime or sexism will ever totally go away. I do think it's been significantly reduced and is further reducing all the time. I do think there is a danger that those on the end of it can make it harder to go away as well though.

Isn't there a time when those communities effected have to accept some level will always exist and not to over sensitise the issue which ultimately makes the situation worse?

Perhaps I'm wrong, but when the argument is that racist bullying is worse than other bullying because of slavery 200 years ago I just question it's relevance for future generations.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 26 Oct 2012 15:31

No, the point is that with racism people can't "get over it" because racists still use the slurs which evoke not just historical anguish, but a very current fear - that things could swing back or the ground being made could be undone.

It was only this year walking next to my wonderfully brown skinned female friend through town that a group of agressive white males shouldered into her and spat "get out of the f/cking way, p*ki!" The fear that shot across her face is not the same as the reaction people get when called "big ears" or "ginger".

That fear was a flashback and a shudder at the thought of things going back to how they used to be when she lived in fear of her family's life.

When racism has been dead for generations, maybe then people will be able to laugh along.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 26 Oct 2012 15:41

I don't mean to go as far as 'just laugh along', and as I said, I do think for most this generation is probably too early with the history of the 50s-80's still fresh in many people's eyes because that directly effects their close family.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 26 Oct 2012 16:19

Racism will never ever die. The sooner people accept that the sooner we can all move on and stop making such a big fuss about nothing.

There are very few racist issues in football. Far too few to make it a subject worth talking about.

1181 posts