Fulham Match Thread Sponsored By Michael Jackson

206 posts
muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Fulham Match Thread Sponsored By Michael Jackson

by muddyfeet » 27 Oct 2012 17:13

royalexile
muddyfeet Yes we'll be happy to get a point but i could see some pretty major flaws in the starting line up today

I'm happy with the resolve shown. Not happy with the way we are grinding out a point which keeps us treading water. We needs to win a game, contain and control a game and take championship football to the opposition.

Just think we look out of our depth a little bit tbh

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 27 Oct 2012 17:13

muddyfeet Shorey and Jobi need some serious work on their balls. :shock:

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 27 Oct 2012 17:15

rhroyal Can we drop Pog for Alf? Good idea?

Yes, lets drop out top scorer and replace him with a player that hasn't scored from open play yet this season.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 27 Oct 2012 17:15

Pretty poor showing again - sadly I think we need to ditch most of the squad and have an overhaul in the new year...I think that includes the manager as well. Playing this style of football will only get you so far and it will get you relegated from the Premiership.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 27 Oct 2012 17:17

Royalee Pretty poor showing again - sadly I think we need to ditch most of the squad and have an overhaul in the new year...I think that includes the manager as well. Playing this style of football will only get you so far and it will get you relegated from the Premiership.

That should do it!!!!

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 27 Oct 2012 17:17

sputnik Why no Guthrie today ? I think he could have had a chance of influencing the game with the amount of space there was in midfield today.

This. Barring Guthrie, we had the side most would think is our best starting 11. Tabb works his arse off but the thought of him in midfield against quality Prem opponents while Guthrie rides the bench is a head scratcher. Granted, we don't want him dropping too deep, but the number of balls going straight from our back 4 to Fulham players and the horrible dead ball kicks make me wonder what is really going on.

Stuboo

by Stuboo » 27 Oct 2012 17:20

On the one hand I'm happy because we nicked a point after going behind. But on the other hand I'm gutted because I thought we'd win this game and we could have nicked it at the end.

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 27 Oct 2012 17:20

royalexile
muddyfeet Shorey and Jobi need some serious work on their balls. :shock:

:lol:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Oct 2012 18:07

royalexile
Royalee Pretty poor showing again - sadly I think we need to ditch most of the squad and have an overhaul in the new year...I think that includes the manager as well. Playing this style of football will only get you so far and it will get you relegated from the Premiership.

That should do it!!!!

Worked for Wolves last year. Oh wait...

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 27 Oct 2012 18:28

sandman
royalexile

That should do it!!!!

Worked for Wolves last year. Oh wait...

Agreed, but they didn't really change their style or personnel...they got rid of McCarthy for the sake of it and didn't rebuild. We need to change our style of football and a lot of the players. I'd say out of the squad only 6 or 7 are good enough, if that.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 27 Oct 2012 19:10

Big Ern

Yes, lets drop out top scorer and replace him with a player that hasn't scored from open play yet this season.

Definetly a good idea.

And really? Pogrebnyak has started every game and looked average at best. Noel Hunt has looked more of a threat and thats saying something. Pog has scored 2 goals (so have Hunt and now HRK), a quality header granted, and a fluke goal. For me, its time to see Le Fondre and Roberts partnered together. ALF can offer us a bit of flair and confidence on the ball, which we are lacking. He is also someone who can link up play when we are attacking better than any of our other fowards. Roberts has valuable experience and holds the ball better than Pog from what ive seen.

The ALF and Roberts partnership has looked promising whenever they have played together (which isnt much I suppose), towards the end of last season (even though they have never started together) and even for the 5 minutes they played together at the end of Newcastle game, we looked much more threatening. Change it up Brian.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 27 Oct 2012 22:11

muddyfeet Why cant we learn to keep the concentration after a goal - time and time we keep giving points away. Shorey and Jobi need some serious work on their balls in which were either over hit or failed to clear the first man.
Bit concerned that Pog doesn't really want to be here. Why not either start one of the subs or being them on earlier, McCleary, Kanu and Alfie all looked more effective.

Tabb worked so hard but our midfield keeps getting completely sliced open.

I work really hard but I'm not a Premier League standard midfielder and neither is Jay Tabb I'm afraid!

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 28 Oct 2012 01:13

RoyallyFcuked
Big Ern

Definetly a good idea.

And really? Pogrebnyak has started every game and looked average at best. Noel Hunt has looked more of a threat and thats saying something. Pog has scored 2 goals (so have Hunt and now HRK), a quality header granted, and a fluke goal. For me, its time to see Le Fondre and Roberts partnered together. ALF can offer us a bit of flair and confidence on the ball, which we are lacking. He is also someone who can link up play when we are attacking better than any of our other fowards. Roberts has valuable experience and holds the ball better than Pog from what ive seen.

The ALF and Roberts partnership has looked promising whenever they have played together (which isnt much I suppose), towards the end of last season (even though they have never started together) and even for the 5 minutes they played together at the end of Newcastle game, we looked much more threatening. Change it up Brian.

Remember when we got relegated last time and everyone was having a pop at Doyle, Kitson and Lita? If you don't give your forwards service, they won't score. We should be much more worried about the fact that our defence and midfield are the worst in the division by a long stretch.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 28 Oct 2012 08:19

Royalee
RoyallyFcuked Pogrebnyak has started every game and looked average at best. Noel Hunt has looked more of a threat and thats saying something. Pog has scored 2 goals (so have Hunt and now HRK), a quality header granted, and a fluke goal. For me, its time to see Le Fondre and Roberts partnered together. ALF can offer us a bit of flair and confidence on the ball, which we are lacking. He is also someone who can link up play when we are attacking better than any of our other fowards. Roberts has valuable experience and holds the ball better than Pog from what ive seen.

Remember when we got relegated last time and everyone was having a pop at Doyle, Kitson and Lita? If you don't give your forwards service, they won't score. We should be much more worried about the fact that our defence and midfield are the worst in the division by a long stretch.

More midfield than defence. There is just no creativity and its all so predictable. God even the wingers don't swap sides every now and then... Personally I'd be on the look out for 3 midfielders in January plus another striker.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Oct 2012 14:16

Ah, you've decided to come back now we're shit again. Hard to criticise the management of the club and team when things are going well I spose.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 28 Oct 2012 14:20

Ian Royal

Ah, you've decided to come back now we're shit again. Hard to criticise the management of the club and team when things are going well I spose.

Posted a few times over last season and in the summer actually Ian. Much rather we were smashing teams up but there we go.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Oct 2012 14:22

Barry the bird boggler
Royalee
RoyallyFcuked Pogrebnyak has started every game and looked average at best. Noel Hunt has looked more of a threat and thats saying something. Pog has scored 2 goals (so have Hunt and now HRK), a quality header granted, and a fluke goal. For me, its time to see Le Fondre and Roberts partnered together. ALF can offer us a bit of flair and confidence on the ball, which we are lacking. He is also someone who can link up play when we are attacking better than any of our other fowards. Roberts has valuable experience and holds the ball better than Pog from what ive seen.

More midfield than defence. There is just no creativity and its all so predictable. God even the wingers don't swap sides every now and then... Personally I'd be on the look out for 3 midfielders in January plus another striker.

Although Pog missed two sitters that would have won us the game.

The fact that we've scored 11 goals in 8 matches suggests attack and creativity isn't really our problem, although our final ball is pretty predictable - maybe it's a tactic, give them something really easy to deal with 90% of the time and catch them surprised and complacent when a decent ball gets put in. :?

Conceeding 17 is the real problem and apart from Fed's 2 clangers, that's virtually entirely the fault of the defence and central midfield.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 28 Oct 2012 14:22

Ian Royal

My thoughts entirely. I'd rather play head tennis for 90 mins than have that prize cock Rodgers in charge here.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Oct 2012 14:28

MmmMonsterMunch
Ian Royal

My thoughts entirely. I'd rather play head tennis for 90 mins than have that prize cock Rodgers in charge here.

I damn well wouldn't! That 'prize cock Rodgers' will continue to ram the words of his critics back down their throats and out of their posteriors!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 28 Oct 2012 14:28

206 posts