Jay Tabb

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Jay Tabb

by Royal Ginger » 08 Nov 2012 01:55

Woodcote Royal
Jon_rfc Very surprised to read that many people have missed how he has really stepped up his game in the last few games.

Really :|

This is HNA where know nothings like traff are two a penny.

So very few (and I'm no exception) expected Tabb to be putting in those kind of performances at this level..........................but that's no excuse for refusing to accept that he was one of the best players on the pitch on Sunday.

Feel free, Jay, to continue making mugs out of our resident idiots.

I think pretty much everybody agrees that he's been excellent in the last couple of games. But you'r right that it's a surprise. His performance against Swansea would've got him dropped from a Sunday League team. He's been 80% guts and effort, but as long as he's producing, long live the Tabb Renaissance

specialjon

by specialjon » 08 Nov 2012 09:34

Any chance we merge Tabb and Guthrie into one player? We'd have a real player on our hands then! :-)

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 08 Nov 2012 09:38

gotta love the tabb, he is a tank of a player

never let us down off the bench, give him a run of games and he will improve, wins more headers than he has any right to, tigerish in teh tackle, chases all day, can pick a pass out, and had a decent scoring record before he came to us

love him

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 08 Nov 2012 09:40

Black boots, unkempt looking mop. Proper old fashioned style footballer.

Closest thing we've got to Brynaldo on the pitch, although the last few games he's been more like Messi.

I'm getting Tabbdinho on my shirt, if and when I finally get around to getting it.

traff

by traff » 08 Nov 2012 16:10

Woodcote Royal
Jon_rfc Very surprised to read that many people have missed how he has really stepped up his game in the last few games.

So very few (and I'm no exception) expected Tabb to be putting in those kind of performances at this level..........................but that's no excuse for refusing to accept that he was one of the best players on the pitch on Sunday.

I assume two a penny know nothings on HNA translates to -the majority who do not agree with a sanctimonious keyboard warrior.
Hopefully Tabb will continue to play at the level he has recently achieved, however past form would indicate this is unlikley, especially now at a higher level.I believe I quoted his attributes as well as my opinion of his lesser traits.
Still does not get away from the fact that it will take more than a willing attitude from a nice bloke over 2 or 3 games to ward off relegation. No doubt though you have all the answers as you clearly spend all your time on this board so must be an expert!

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 08 Nov 2012 16:13

Great player.Was pleased we have kept him as i wasnt sure if he would have been out the door over the summer

robinsfriday

by robinsfriday » 08 Nov 2012 16:23

Royal Ginger
Royal91 McDermott is deluded if he thinks he's good enough to play in this league.

That's clearly wrong. If he's been in the top 5 players on the pitch for the last two games then he clearly is good enough by the fact that he's done just that.

Interesting logic you're using there.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 08 Nov 2012 16:40

Frankly I did not think for one minute that Tabb would make an impact at PL level but he was fantastic on Sunday at QPR and is at this moment a very important member of the squad (as we have so few options at CM) so he deserves to be offered a 12 month contract extension in my opinion.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 08 Nov 2012 16:44

What I like about Jay Tabb is that he is shorter than me. :wink:

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 09 Nov 2012 03:21

traff
Woodcote Royal

I assume two a penny know nothings on HNA translates to -the majority who do not agree with a sanctimonious keyboard warrior.
Hopefully Tabb will continue to play at the level he has recently achieved, however past form would indicate this is unlikley, especially now at a higher level.I believe I quoted his attributes as well as my opinion of his lesser traits.
Still does not get away from the fact that it will take more than a willing attitude from a nice bloke over 2 or 3 games to ward off relegation. No doubt though you have all the answers as you clearly spend all your time on this board so must be an expert!

...........................no, I have a life, and after spending more than a decade reading your form of glass half empty drivel emanating from countless keyboards, in a period where we've suffered one relegation ( from the top flight) having spent the vast majority of the period challenging for promotion and progressing the club to the point where it is unrecognisable from where it was 15 years ago , I have better things to do than read the views of those who never tire of being shown, season after tedious season, to be wrong.

HTH

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 09 Nov 2012 09:19

robinsfriday
Royal Ginger
Royal91 McDermott is deluded if he thinks he's good enough to play in this league.

That's clearly wrong. If he's been in the top 5 players on the pitch for the last two games then he clearly is good enough by the fact that he's done just that.

Interesting logic you're using there.

It's sound, you can't say that someone's not good enough to play in the league when they are clearly playing well in that very league compared with other players who are deemed good enough.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 09 Nov 2012 09:27

robinsfriday
Royal Ginger

Interesting and valid logic you're using there.

Corrected for you

catfork

Tabb Haters, where are you now?

by catfork » 18 Nov 2012 01:12

The little guy puts in a bloody good shift, again. One of the best players on the pitch,again. Kept going all game long.

So Tabb haters, what do you reckon......Guthrie?

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Tabb Haters, where are you now?

by Jackson Corner » 18 Nov 2012 02:31

Just to say I have always liked him. Right from day one when we signed him.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 18 Nov 2012 02:57

haven't seen much hate towards Tabb, although people have pointed out he is fairly limited which is very true.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 18 Nov 2012 06:29

Big Ern haven't seen much hate towards Tabb, although people have pointed out he is fairly limited which is very true.

^^^ this

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 18 Nov 2012 07:43

Wimb
Big Ern haven't seen much hate towards Tabb, although people have pointed out he is fairly limited which is very true.

^^^ this

I just want to see him score a goal, how many Reading apps is it now since he signed. Got to be a record for a midfielder to go so long with nothing to show....

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 18 Nov 2012 07:59

He wasn't up to it last season. Now he is. Everyone's always said that he seems like a nice bloke, but were understandably unhappy with his performances. Now he is doing well, and people are happy. This is a bit of a non thread.

harryroyal

by harryroyal » 18 Nov 2012 08:36

this form won't last though.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 18 Nov 2012 09:00

A lack of resources in the midfield department along with Karacan's injury and Guthrie throwing his toys out the pram (injury my ar*e) has resulted in Tabb getting game time.

He has taken his chance, stepped up and is showing what he can do.