Clean sheet - so where are the celebrations?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Clean sheet - so where are the celebrations?

by Millsy » 10 Nov 2012 22:02

I come back expecting to see a celebration of our first clean sheet and all I see is moans that we're not winning.

A good team starts with a good defence. There's no point putting 5 past people if we concede 7. Scoring is not our problem.

Sorting the defence had to be our priority, and that's what King Brian has been working on.

Yet again, we've not been beaten in this league, and yet this time we manage it whilst not conceding.

Hard to see it now, but this may well be the match we'll look back on in the coming months and point to as our turning point: the day we learnt to grow up and stop thinking we're Brazil. The day we learnt that we're actually capable of holding firm against a Premiership side.

Well done Feds, well done defence, well done Brian!

Now keep it up - the goals will come.

YOU RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Clean sheet - so where are the celebrations?

by AthleticoSpizz » 10 Nov 2012 22:03

see Avon and SPARTA

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 10 Nov 2012 22:04

2 world wars, 1 world cup I come back expecting to see a celebration of our first clean sheet and all I see is moans that we're not winning.

A good team starts with a good defence. There's no point putting 5 past people if we concede 7. Scoring is not our problem.

Sorting the defence had to be our priority, and that's what King Brian has been working on.

Yet again, we've not been beaten in this league, and yet this time we manage it whilst not conceding.

Hard to see it now, but this may well be the match we'll look back on in the coming months and point to as our turning point: the day we learnt to grow up and stop thinking we're Brazil. The day we learnt that we're actually capable of holding firm against a Premiership side.

YOU RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just one thing what did Feds actually do?
Last edited by ManchesterRoyals on 10 Nov 2012 22:06, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Prince

by Royal Prince » 10 Nov 2012 22:05

+1

Game was there for the taking so understand some frustration at the draw, but the over reaction on here is embarrassing!

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 10 Nov 2012 22:06

AthleticoSpizz see Avon and SPARTA

Oh dear.......

Optimist

by Optimist » 10 Nov 2012 22:07

+ 70 Billion.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 10 Nov 2012 22:08

ManchesterRoyals
2 world wars, 1 world cup I come back expecting to see a celebration of our first clean sheet and all I see is moans that we're not winning.

Kept a clean sheet. Keep up.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 10 Nov 2012 22:08

"I'm not over reacting, I am just having a hissy fit because we arent challenging for Europe" to quote the generic young Reading HNA'r (and SPARTA)

Mondieu

by Mondieu » 10 Nov 2012 22:10

AthleticoSpizz "I'm not over reacting, I am just having a hissy fit because we arent challenging for Europe" to quote the generic young Reading HNA'r (and SPARTA)

Voice of rationality right here ^

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 10 Nov 2012 22:10

sandman
ManchesterRoyals

I know fair play but what did he actually do during the game?

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 10 Nov 2012 22:11

AthleticoSpizz "I'm not over reacting, I am just having a hissy fit because we arent challenging for Europe" to quote the generic young Reading HNA'r (and SPARTA)

Yeah, because being concerned about being in the drop zone and sleep walking towards relegation is exactly like complaining that we aren't challenging for Europe.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 10 Nov 2012 22:13

I share your concern Avon...it keeps me from my dreams at night

Mondieu

by Mondieu » 10 Nov 2012 22:14

What do you dream about Spizzy?

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 10 Nov 2012 22:14

ManchesterRoyals
sandman
ManchesterRoyals

tbf, not throwing the ball in his own net is a step up from his performances earlier in the season.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 10 Nov 2012 22:15

ManchesterRoyals
sandman
ManchesterRoyals Just one thing what did Feds actually do?

Kept a clean sheet.

Keeping isn't just about stopping shots yourself, it's about organising the defence so you don't have to.

Jinx

by Jinx » 10 Nov 2012 22:18

2 world wars, 1 world cup

I don't want to seem too picky - but would it not be a good idea to do that BEFORE the tenth game of the season?

Mondieu

by Mondieu » 10 Nov 2012 22:19

F*ck off and get some perspective.

Pr1ck.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 10 Nov 2012 22:21

Mondieu What do you dream about Spizzy?
lifting the Premiership Trophy, then getting relegated and not being able to defend it, because Guthrie wasn't picked

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 10 Nov 2012 22:23

Most Championship sides could have kept a clean sheet against the pile of shyte that Norwich were today. What's more our team still presented them with quite a few opportunities as the game wore on, opportunities that would have been fully exploited by most PL teams (including the likes of QPR). So a false dawn and no reason to celebrate whatsover, given it was matched by our failure to score.

Mondieu

by Mondieu » 10 Nov 2012 22:23

AthleticoSpizz
Mondieu What do you dream about Spizzy?
lifting the Premiership Trophy, then getting relegated and not being able to defend it, because Guthrie wasn't picked

Sounds terrible. Perhaps you should stop visiting HNA late at night...