What have West Ham Done That we havent???

151 posts
seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

Re: What have West Ham Done That we havent???

by seahawk10 » 14 Nov 2012 23:55

Wizard Fukk off west ham fans and let us have our board back.

And fukk off ManchesterRoyals too, as you started this fukking thread.

:shock:

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 15 Nov 2012 01:23

Alexander Litvinenko
larry1971 ...... the bond scheme saga happened back in the early 1990's and has no baring on our current financial situation that was all down to our previouse Iclandic owners who wrecklessly spent huge amounts of money on transfers and wages buying players well past their sell by date then when the Iclandic banks and economey crashed the inevitable happened the Icelandic banks took controll of the club. We were very lucky not to go down with Iceland because the reality is that when Gold ad Sullivan took over the club was weeks if not days away from going into administration and I think it's no exageration to say that had they not bought the club when they did West Ham probably would of gone bust.

But the current financial model isn't sustainable. It's only money being lent (not given) by Gold & Sullivan that keeps West Ham trading. How long are they prepared to keep throwing money in for no return?

Of course, there's a school of thought that says G&S are only in this for the Olympic Stadium, which will let them sell the land the Bole stands on and pocket the proceeds. As if nice, ethical men like that would ever be quite so underhand.....

its a model that is only sustainable if they stay up...spending money they havent really got, apparently benayoun is on £92K a week, if caroll is on the same thats £10m a year for 2 loan players :shock:

then again if they stay up then its money well spent

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 15 Nov 2012 13:39

royalsteve
Alexander Litvinenko
larry1971 ...... the bond scheme saga happened back in the early 1990's and has no baring on our current financial situation that was all down to our previouse Iclandic owners who wrecklessly spent huge amounts of money on transfers and wages buying players well past their sell by date then when the Iclandic banks and economey crashed the inevitable happened the Icelandic banks took controll of the club. We were very lucky not to go down with Iceland because the reality is that when Gold ad Sullivan took over the club was weeks if not days away from going into administration and I think it's no exageration to say that had they not bought the club when they did West Ham probably would of gone bust.

But the current financial model isn't sustainable. It's only money being lent (not given) by Gold & Sullivan that keeps West Ham trading. How long are they prepared to keep throwing money in for no return?

Of course, there's a school of thought that says G&S are only in this for the Olympic Stadium, which will let them sell the land the Bole stands on and pocket the proceeds. As if nice, ethical men like that would ever be quite so underhand.....

its a model that is only sustainable if they stay up...spending money they havent really got, apparently benayoun is on £92K a week, if caroll is on the same thats £10m a year for 2 loan players :shock:

then again if they stay up then its money well spent

I'm not even sure it's sustainable if they stay up. It's still more than their income, even with PL-level income, so eventually there has to come a time when the money or the goodwill runs out.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 15 Nov 2012 13:44

seahawk10

:shock:

Quite - you could summise that Wizard's relationship has already hit the no sex buffers (nopuno)

larry1971

by larry1971 » 15 Nov 2012 13:45

agreed but doesn't the new tv deal with Sky start next sason ? the extra millions that will be worth will certainly help .

oh I do love it when people post some intelligent comments to an on going debate...

trueroyal1871

by trueroyal1871 » 15 Nov 2012 14:25

oh I do love it when people post some intelligent comments to an on going debate....[/quote]

Steady on Larry my old china plate, Wizard is Reading's top lad and works on the trains so your ICF will soon come a cropper when their Oyster cards don't work any more. :wink:

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 15 Nov 2012 22:08

Alexander Litvinenko
I'm not even sure it's sustainable if they stay up. It's still more than their income, even with PL-level income, so eventually there has to come a time when the money or the goodwill runs out.

Totally agree.

After all, if an entity has borrowed massively and unsustainably, at some point a day of reckoning will arrive, and that entity will need to take actions to pay for all that profiligacy; for example, make cuts in playing staff, increase ticket prices etc - almost as if they were entering a period of austerity if you will....

...obviously some people will object to this policy on the grounds that its "unfair" and that they want to see a continuation of the same ridiculous levels of spending to keep them "competitive", yet the club will have to face up to the hard facts that they can't afford to keep doing it anymore.

And no doubt there will be people on the sidelines who will claim that the old ways can STILL be maintained; all the club needs to do is keep borrowing more and more to help pay for the previous borrowing, and that will mean everything will be alright; and no doubt some fans, who only see the short term and haven't the wit or wisdom to look beyond the end of their noses, will DEMAND that this course of action, or Plan B, be followed.....

But you and I know Dirk, that such a policy is bound to end up in ultimate failure for any football club that chose to take that path, and that the pain for all will be far far worse then taking the necessary action sooner rather than later.

Glad we totally agree on this subject.

:wink:

noelgallagher

by noelgallagher » 04 Dec 2012 09:32

Nice piece of journalism there my friend. In particular I like the part where you mention the piss stains. Informal but informative. Keep up the good work.

jellytot

by jellytot » 04 Dec 2012 09:43

They have a better midfield(not difficult when compared to ours) they have more quality snd pl experience.

They spent more. More revenue..

Planning. Not many defensive errors!!!!!!!!

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 04 Dec 2012 09:53

noelgallagher Nice piece of journalism there my friend. In particular I like the part where you mention the piss stains. Informal but informative. Keep up the good work.

Are you the real Noel Gallagher?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 04 Dec 2012 10:01

In general they had more premier league experience in the club from top to bottom. Which simply meant less nerves and knowing in advance what they need to do and having the confidence to go through with it.

On the pitch they aren't miles ahead of us but the difference is one of fine margins.

151 posts