AZ has faith in Brian

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

Re: AZ has faith in Brian

by Simon's Church » 19 Nov 2012 12:17

Cobi Confirmed money will be available in Jan. Brian said last week that there might not be any. No excuses now. Get some decent players in and we can stay up. Don't, and we will probably go down.

We've just started to turn a corner, why upset the apple cart with a load of jonny come lately mercenaries?

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 19 Nov 2012 12:19

Who said they would be mercenaries? You don't think this squad needs additions?

One swallow doesn't make a summer.
Last edited by Lacoste on 19 Nov 2012 12:23, edited 1 time in total.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 19 Nov 2012 12:19

Cobi Confirmed money will be available in Jan. Brian said last week that there might not be any. No excuses now. Get some decent players in and we can stay up. Don't, and we will probably go down.

Good to see that money will be available for players.
A note of caution however as "the stadium will be expanded to hold 35,000 if we stay up for more than one season" has already been diluted to "in the next 5 years".
Also there is mention again about money being spent on infrastructure-does the hotel need yet another extension?
One other thing,the money will apparently be spent" wisely".
Is that more or less wisely than money spent on Pog,Guthrie,McLeary,Mariappa,none of whom started the game where we achieved our first win?

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 19 Nov 2012 12:24

Then again i read that money is available and Brian wants to remain loyal to the team.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 19 Nov 2012 13:00

A bit of a shame that Anton did not give this support "before" the win on Saturday but better late than never.

I am pretty sure Brian will be manager all season now whatever happens and this is very good news indeed.

Jon_rfc

by Jon_rfc » 19 Nov 2012 13:05

andrew1957 A bit of a shame that Anton did not give this support "before" the win on Saturday but better late than never.

I am pretty sure Brian will be manager all season now whatever happens and this is very good news indeed.

He did give his support before the win on Saturday. The interview on the official website was done before the game and he gives his backing to Brian in that as well

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 19 Nov 2012 13:16

melonhead wonder what AZs user name is?

would be awful if hed been one of the new ones who cant write english very well and we all abused him

:lol:

I thought you were on a wind up, until I looked at some of your other posts and noticed the lack of punctuation in those too!

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

Vote of Confidence - When Batman Shines

by akranes » 19 Nov 2012 14:15

http://afootballreport.com/post/445152373/the-dreaded-vote-of-confidence

http://backofthenet.wikia.com/wiki/Vote_Of_Confidence

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premiership/adkins-dont-give-me-vote-of-confidence-16234487.html

Just a few examples of previous VoC incidents...

Anton rarely speaks to the media, does this mean McD is going to be sacked? Or simply Anton's naivety?
There seems to be conflict on certain matters, in particular - transfers. Brian insists on no spending, Anton seems opposed to it.

EDIT: Didn't really need it's own thread.... my bad.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

Re: Vote of Confidence - When Batman Shines

by ZacNaloen » 19 Nov 2012 14:20

"He is the man for the job, he is the manager and I have total faith in him. "

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 19 Nov 2012 14:23

ZacNaloen "He is the man for the job, he is the manager and I have total faith in him. "

"Sam has a long, prosperous future ahead of him at St James’ Park.”

Three hours later, Allardyce was axed."

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 19 Nov 2012 14:26

Often owners are forced into those decisions by the fans when they dont really want to. IIRC the fans didn't much like Allardyce.

We aren't in that situation here.

Optimist

by Optimist » 19 Nov 2012 14:32

Wasn't the interview before Saturday's game? If he was intending to get rid of him the result may have changed his mind, which would show AZ to be very fickle, but BM's staying so who cares!

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 19 Nov 2012 14:39

I agree, I do think he'll stay. Just wondering if anyone read something different from this.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 19 Nov 2012 14:56

punctuation is a cancer on the board that i love

Murts-is-Lej

by Murts-is-Lej » 19 Nov 2012 15:13

BR2 Also there is mention again about money being spent on infrastructure-does the hotel need yet another extension?

Apparently the Academy failed to get it's class 1 license from the Premier League this time round due to the inadequacies of Hogwood (whatever they might be). Infrastructure means a completely new and bigger training ground pretty sharpish!

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 19 Nov 2012 15:49

didnt realise we had failed tbf

bugger

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict

by ZacNaloen » 19 Nov 2012 15:52

It's not been reported anywhere, I have been wondering what was going on.

I'd heard a rumour the decision had been deferred cos we were nearly there. But Dirk said that isn't in the rules so who knows.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 19 Nov 2012 15:58

I'm guessing they've finished the reviews cos I think Middlesborough recently announced their academy had been rated the best in the country.

TommyF
Location: sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the royals sail away

by TommyF » 19 Nov 2012 16:43

I didn't read that as a dreaded 'vote of confidence', merely an owner backing him manager and rubbishing all the reports out recently.

It pains me how badly this season has started, but I think BM's position is safe - and rightly so. We just might not be good enough yet as a team for this to work.

He hasn't become a bad manager overnight, although his tactical nonce seems to have deserted him recently. I do think he is the right man for the job, and if Reading as a team (including chairman and owner) and the decisions they have made turn out not to have been good enough to keep us up the I still think BM is the right man for the job and AZ must learn what went wrong and address it - with BM at the helm

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 19 Nov 2012 16:44

akranes
ZacNaloen "He is the man for the job, he is the manager and I have total faith in him. "

"Sam has a long, prosperous future ahead of him at St James’ Park.”

Three hours later, Allardyce was axed."

They meant the one in Exeter