Loan Watch 2012-2013

736 posts
biscuitman

Re: Loan Watch 2012-2013

by biscuitman » 18 Nov 2012 18:13

Brett Williams as well. Found his level.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 18 Nov 2012 18:29

sandman A goal for Church yesterday.

yes!

good stuff churchy.just what he needed.
assist last week, goal this week.well played, and keep it up

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 18 Nov 2012 18:34

sandman A goal for Church yesterday.

It was against Brighton, of course he was going to score.

no homophobo

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 20 Nov 2012 11:42

Latest loan watch now up,

Goals for three loanees this week!

http://www.thetilehurstend.com/loan-rep ... ovember-20

footballexcl

Ben Jefford enjoying loan spell with Boreham Wood

by footballexcl » 22 Nov 2012 06:33

In an exclusive interview with Football Exclusives, Reading youngster Ben Jefford has spoken of his loan spell at non-league with Boreham Wood in the Conference South, having netted the winner away at Dover Athletic.

Read more here:

http://www.footballexclusives.co.uk/apps/blog/show/20219361-reading-youngster-ben-jefford-enjoying-loan-spell-with-boreham-wood

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 22 Nov 2012 09:43

Angus wee jock poo pong McPlop McDonald is rejoining Torquay to sit on the bench for 6 months.

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

Re: Ben Jefford enjoying loan spell with Boreham Wood

by Bandini » 22 Nov 2012 09:48

footballexcl In an exclusive interview with Football Exclusives, Reading youngster Ben Jefford has spoken of his loan spell at non-league with Boreham Wood in the Conference South, having netted the winner away at Dover Athletic.

Read more here:

http://www.footballexclusives.co.uk/apps/blog/show/20219361-reading-youngster-ben-jefford-enjoying-loan-spell-with-boreham-wood

Thanks for the post, footballexcl. Before I click on your link, please can you confirm that it is an exclusive interview. I don't want to find myself reading something I've read elsewhere.

kitsons pubes

Re: Ben Jefford enjoying loan spell with Boreham Wood

by kitsons pubes » 22 Nov 2012 10:40

Bandini
footballexcl In an exclusive interview with Football Exclusives, Reading youngster Ben Jefford has spoken of his loan spell at non-league with Boreham Wood in the Conference South, having netted the winner away at Dover Athletic.

Read more here:

Thanks for the post, footballexcl. Before I click on your link, please can you confirm that it is an exclusive interview. I don't want to find myself reading something I've read elsewhere.

To save you clicking

In an exclusive interview with Football Exclusives, Reading youngster Ben Jefford has spoken of his loan spell at non-league with Boreham Wood in the Conference South, having netted the winner away at Dover Athletic.

The defender said: "I was really happy we managed to keep a clean sheet, it was nice to get myself a goal and hold on for long periods of the game and secure the three points.

"Since I've been there it's been the best game for keeping the ball and passing it. Omer [Riza] and Cliff [Akurang] work really well up top together, Mauro [Vilhete] had a great game on the wing and Graeme [Montgomery] had probably the best game I've seen him play.

The 18-year-old, on loan with the Wood on work experience, scored the only goal of the game after 19 minutes to continue their impressive start to the season.

"It came from a corner, it got cleared out and Graeme Montgomery put it back into the box. Cliff took it on his chest, held off the defender and set me around the penalty spot and I've put it in the bottom corner."

The loan spell at the Hertfordshire outfit has come about due to the partnership between Boreham Wood and Reading, with Jefford the first sign of the relationship coming into fruition.

"Our academy manager Dave Dodds is good friends with the chairman at Boreham Wood Danny Hunter," said Jefford.

"They've been close from previous jobs and he gave him a call when I was looking to get some experience out on loan and at the time Boreham Wood were looking for a defender as Charlie O'Loughlin had been suspended."

Jefford's first game came away to Bath City in the league, replacing Jerel Ifil after just 18 minutes and since started against Weston-Super-Mare and Dover and insists he hasn't felt out of place in non-league:

"It's a good league, physical, no more than I'd expected. The way that Boreham Wood play is not massively different to the way Reading play, they try and play out from the back without taking any risks. It's good getting the experience under my belt."

With non-league often stereotyped as long ball football, Jefford admits oppositions have taken a more direct approach but at Boreham Wood it's a case of passing their way up the pitch:

"At times, Bath away I thought they were quite direct but Boreham Wood play out from the back, I wouldn't say it's kick and rush. There's a manner to playing longer at times, we have Cliff and Inih [Effiong] up nt and Omer with a bit of pace."

Undoubtedly Jefford's most memorable moment of his short career to date was starting for Boreham Wood in their FA Cup First Round Proper tie against Brentford:

"That was a great experience, a lot of boys my age wouldn't get the chance to play in the FA Cup and to play against the likes of Donaldson, Hayes and Forrester was a really good experience."

While playing with Ian Allinson's side Jefford trains too with his parent club Reading and is refusing to rule out a return once his loan spell finishes:

"It's a good level to play, I've really enjoyed it. I love playing on a Saturday trying to win three points, keeping clean sheets and doing a job for the team."

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 22 Nov 2012 10:43

Looks like it's not an exclusive any more.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 22 Nov 2012 12:40

Omer Riza, didn't he used to play for Arsenal?

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 22 Nov 2012 14:16

Well can't see any of the players currently out on loan making an impact on our team if we stay in the Prem - most of them are probably never going to be good enough for the Champ for that matter either. I still think Church will come good but I've been thinking that for far too long ....

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 22 Nov 2012 15:35

Lawson D'Ath and Jake Taylor at Cheltenham until 02 January

Michael Hector returns from Shrewsbury and goes straight out on loan to Aldershot.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 22 Nov 2012 16:37

If Hector can't get a game there he's going to stuggling!

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 22 Nov 2012 16:59

Royalwaster Well can't see any of the players currently out on loan making an impact on our team if we stay in the Prem - most of them are probably never going to be good enough for the Champ for that matter either. I still think Church will come good but I've been thinking that for far too long ....

:| :| :|

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 22 Nov 2012 17:11

That seems a reasonable comment to make brendy.

How many of the likes of Hector, D'Ath, McDonald, Sheppard, Taylor and Ugwu do you think will end up playing week-in week-out in the Championship?

I think Andersen and Church might, and Mills possibly given he's almost done it already.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 22 Nov 2012 17:35

personally id say 3 from that list, hector d'ath and ugwu, but you never can tell, anything could happen, players tail off,hit ceilings, and improve at inconstant rates etc

but then ive only ever seen little clips of them and have no real idea on their true ability and potential. im left doing so on the shaky basis of the odd comment on here, the odd goal on the league football show, how many games they play for their loan clubs and how much RFC seems to rate them by the ammount they big them up

id say considering youd all have made those comments about pearce, morrison, karacan, etc etc etc etc when they went on loan to league 1 and 2 clubs,i should ignore what you say

yeah, its probably more probable that the majority of that list wont quite make it, but its so reliant on a load of factors weve not really assessed, as to make it probably so devoid of actual point, that its not really worth saying.

not that this has ever stopped me posting

so carry on

and ill carry one posting :| s

bye!

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 27 Nov 2012 09:50

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 03 Dec 2012 17:00

Cheltenham are live on ESPN tonight, so hopefully we'll get to see D'Ath and Taylor, assuming they're allowed to play.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 03 Dec 2012 17:10

Pepe the Horseman Cheltenham are live on ESPN tonight, so hopefully we'll get to see D'Ath and Taylor, assuming they're allowed to play.

Yep they are

Brett Williams Woking won 7-0 last week, then got a player sent off at 0-0 on Saturday, took Brett off to replace the sent off defender and ended up losing 7-0 :?

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 03 Dec 2012 19:23

melonhead personally id say 3 from that list, hector d'ath and ugwu, but you never can tell, anything could happen, players tail off,hit ceilings, and improve at inconstant rates etc

but then ive only ever seen little clips of them and have no real idea on their true ability and potential. im left doing so on the shaky basis of the odd comment on here, the odd goal on the league football show, how many games they play for their loan clubs and how much RFC seems to rate them by the ammount they big them up

id say considering youd all have made those comments about pearce, morrison, karacan, etc etc etc etc when they went on loan to league 1 and 2 clubs,i should ignore what you say

yeah, its probably more probable that the majority of that list wont quite make it, but its so reliant on a load of factors weve not really assessed, as to make it probably so devoid of actual point, that its not really worth saying.

not that this has ever stopped me posting

so carry on

and ill carry one posting :| s

bye!

It depends on what clubs they go to and what ratings they get from fans/how many goals they score - Morrison got rave reviews at Huddersfield, so did The Sig at Crewe; what I'm saying is that the current crop aren't in that bracket.

736 posts