by ManchesterRoyals » 24 Nov 2012 19:45

DaveBanana Wigan legitimately was a shithole

U got that right

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

Re: back from the game - Wigan

by LoyalRoyal22 » 24 Nov 2012 20:02

Where to start

Main feeling after the game and has been for a while is that Gorkks and Ledge just cant cut it, both so slow and just lack the sufficient quality to play in the Prem consitantly

Why Brian keeps picking Gorkks over Marriappa or Pearce is just unbelievable. Ledge i understand due to lack of options. If we want to stay in the Prem we need to invest some good money on a CM to partner Jem when he is fit. At the minute, all though they work hard, Ledge and Tabb are so vunerable at this level

Wish fans would get off the players backs though, we have the worst squad in the league on paper and its no suprise the results are poor, they are giving there all but just lack quality, there are no villians in my eyes. Like i said, if we dont invest on our weaknesses in January, we are certain to go down

my ratings from today

Fed- 7
Gunter- 6
Shorey- 7
Morrison- 7
Gorkks- 5
Jobi- 6
Hal- 6
Ledge- 4
Tabb- 6
Le Fondre- 6
Roberts- 6

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Normal Saturday Night service resumed Wigan

by RoyalBlue » 24 Nov 2012 20:12

Caskeys Lovechild
Avon Royal
Libertine
The problem is, it appears, that they can't replicate what they do in practice on match day. So what to do?

If a manager in any other business can't get his staff to do what he wants them to do, when he wants them to do it, what generally happens to him?

He or she is given a verbal warning for under achievement. If performance doesn't improve over a reasonable period (3 months ) then a written warning is issued. Then performance is reviewed 3 months later. If there's been no improvements, a final written warning is issued. If no improvement after a month, then said manager can be dismissed. HTH.

Actually if the performance is bad and doesn't show any signs of improving you can fast track the procedure far more than outline. And most organisations who see poor performance threatening their survival will just reach an agreement to get rid of the poor performer there and then, rather than risk things reaching a point of no return. That's particularly the case if someone is looking completely out of their depth, regardless of how well they might have done previously at a lower level.

RockheadRumple

by RockheadRumple » 24 Nov 2012 20:25

One positive to draw from the game, though, is that Morrison is a certified Beast. That boy is incredible. Hopefully our future if not another Premier League team.

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 24 Nov 2012 20:28

RockheadRumple One positive to draw from the game, though, is that Morrison is a certified Beast. That boy is incredible. Hopefully our future if not another Premier League team.

Nooo.

Don't post this, if our glorious leaders read thiss then it'll be time to "cut the cloth" in January if they think he's worth something and he'll got to WBA...

After all, they've clearly got to keep balding guy v2 in head wax to avoid anymore bad choices from being kept out in the sun too long.

Do You See? :shock:

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 24 Nov 2012 20:31

Thou Voice
RockheadRumple One positive to draw from the game, though, is that Morrison is a certified Beast. That boy is incredible. Hopefully our future if not another Premier League team.

Nooo.

Don't post this, if our glorious leaders read thiss then it'll be time to "cut the cloth" in January if they think he's worth something and he'll got to WBA...

After all, they've clearly got to keep balding guy v2 in head wax to avoid anymore bad choices from being kept out in the sun too long.

Do You See? :shock:

Or he might want a better contract and be dropped

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 24 Nov 2012 20:32

But, but, but...I thought with our new Russian oligarch owner the cloth cutting days were behind us. We were one of the highest spending teams in the offsea...Oh, wait. Never mind.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 24 Nov 2012 20:33

Libertine But, but, but...I thought with our new Russian oligarch owner the cloth cutting days were behind us. We were one of the highest spending teams in the offsea...Oh, wait. Never mind.

But even the new signings cant get in the starting team

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 24 Nov 2012 20:34

I haven't read the entire thread but having seen the three goals we conceded today how can anyone give Gunter anything over 3 or 4? We conceded 3 goals and all 3 came from their left where Gunter gave their winger ample time and space to put in a decent cross each time.

We need Cummings back in at right back as he doesn't give the opposition so much space in dangerous areas. How difficult is it to close down the winger before he crosses the ball?

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

Re: Normal Saturday Night service resumed Wigan

by SPARTA » 24 Nov 2012 20:36

Caskeys Lovechild Depressing - yes.

A nail in McDermotts coffin...after 12 games? Sensible.

Almost a 1/3 of the season gone. Next two home games are defeats waiting to happen. 4 away games from the next 6... We're phucked at the halfway stage and we're not even there yet.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 24 Nov 2012 20:39

ManchesterRoyals
Libertine But, but, but...I thought with our new Russian oligarch owner the cloth cutting days were behind us. We were one of the highest spending teams in the offsea...Oh, wait. Never mind.

But even the new signings cant get in the starting team

Yes. Because it appears the money we did spend were on players who aren't a good fit with our style of play. And right now we find ourselves with 2 fit CM's, one of whom struggled to get first team time with us when we were a level below this. Tbf he hasn't looked poor when he has played, but, just sayin'...

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 24 Nov 2012 20:43

Wycombe Royal I haven't read the entire thread but having seen the three goals we conceded today how can anyone give Gunter anything over 3 or 4? We conceded 3 goals and all 3 came from their left where Gunter gave their winger ample time and space to put in a decent cross each time.

We need Cummings back in at right back as he doesn't give the opposition so much space in dangerous areas. How difficult is it to close down the winger before he crosses the ball?

No we don't need Cummings. We need a real back 4 and he has proved when he has come in that he is at best Championship material. In truth we have not got a decent right back for the Prem. In fact I would rather ask Shoery to play RB and bring Ian Harte back at LB - that is desperate but no worse than today. Shorey. Pearce, Morrison and Harte could do no worse than today's clowns.

BTW It is not Gunter's fault - he is simply not Prem standard but BMC thinks he is.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 24 Nov 2012 20:52

Haag Royal
Wycombe Royal I haven't read the entire thread but having seen the three goals we conceded today how can anyone give Gunter anything over 3 or 4? We conceded 3 goals and all 3 came from their left where Gunter gave their winger ample time and space to put in a decent cross each time.

No we don't need Cummings. We need a real back 4 and he has proved when he has come in that he is at best Championship material. In truth we have not got a decent right back for the Prem. In fact I would rather ask Shoery to play RB and bring Ian Harte back at LB - that is desperate but no worse than today. Shorey. Pearce, Morrison and Harte could do no worse than today's clowns.

BTW It is not Gunter's fault - he is simply not Prem standard but BMC thinks he is.

Not Gubter's fault? So are you suggesting he is being told to give the opposition left winger 10 yards of space whenever he has the ball? Or is just that he has zero positional sense.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 24 Nov 2012 20:54

Wycombe Royal
Haag Royal

Not Gubter's fault? So are you suggesting he is being told to give the opposition left winger 10 yards of space whenever he has the ball? Or is just that he has zero positional sense.

It's simpler than that. He is given a start and shouldn't be.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 24 Nov 2012 20:58

Haag Royal It's simpler than that. He is given a start and shouldn't be.

That's irrelevant to my point as he is in the team. My point is why can't he do something basic, something that is required of a defender at ANY level of football?

biscuitman

by biscuitman » 24 Nov 2012 21:06

Next two home games are defeats waiting to happen.

Tell Norwich fans that?

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 24 Nov 2012 21:24

Brian said a couple of weeks ago that bringing in new players was an insult
to the players who got us promoted! Coppell mk2?

We are going back down to where this club is happy to belong. It just doesn't have the interest or resources to be a Prem club.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 24 Nov 2012 21:27

CholseyRoyal Brian said a couple of weeks ago that bringing in new players was an insult
to the players who got us promoted! Coppell mk2?.

Says it all doesnt it :o

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 24 Nov 2012 21:37

LoyalRoyal22 Where to start

Main feeling after the game and has been for a while is that Gorkks and Ledge just cant cut it, both so slow and just lack the sufficient quality to play in the Prem consitantly

Why Brian keeps picking Gorkks over Marriappa or Pearce is just unbelievable. Ledge i understand due to lack of options. If we want to stay in the Prem we need to invest some good money on a CM to partner Jem when he is fit. At the minute, all though they work hard, Ledge and Tabb are so vunerable at this level

Wish fans would get off the players backs though, we have the worst squad in the league on paper and its no suprise the results are poor, they are giving there all but just lack quality, there are no villians in my eyes. Like i said, if we dont invest on our weaknesses in January, we are certain to go down

my ratings from today

Fed- 6
Gunter- 3
Shorey- 7
Morrison- 7
Gorkks- 4
Jobi- 6
Hal- 6
Ledge- 3
Tabb- 6
Le Fondre- 6
Roberts- 6

I've made a couple of changes to those ratings.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 24 Nov 2012 21:39

CholseyRoyal Brian said a couple of weeks ago that bringing in new players was an insult
to the players who got us promoted! Coppell mk2?

We are going back down to where this club is happy to belong. It just doesn't have the interest or resources to be a Prem club.

waste of fecking time standing in the pissing rain to watch the victory parade then wasn`t it?..all bloody smiles then

199 posts