back from the game - Wigan

199 posts
jellytot

Re: back from the game - Wigan

by jellytot » 24 Nov 2012 23:34

Same old boring quotes Brian. Time is running out. Villa is must win after the wigan debacle. Unacceptable result!

Do something different play 5-3-2. We are so.rubbish in cm plus jm and kaspars must go. Tabb bless him is not a prem cm. We really signed poorly in the sumner and not enough too.

No where near enough points accumulated. Should be on 15 by now. Doubt Anton will love bm much longer.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 24 Nov 2012 23:34

windermere_royal
Man Friday Where was our right-back for their third goal (the breakaway)? (Although heaven knows why a team drawing away with seconds to go would push players forward.)

You mean Gunter?..probably in the middle where he spent most of the game.

Just watched it again, Gunter was nowhere to be seen. he must have been involved in the attack that broke down, 3rd minute of injury time, Brian would be tearing his hair out if he had any.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 24 Nov 2012 23:36

windermere_royal
windermere_royal
Man Friday Where was our right-back for their third goal (the breakaway)? (Although heaven knows why a team drawing away with seconds to go would push players forward.)

You mean Gunter?..probably in the middle where he spent most of the game.

Just watched it again, Gunter was nowhere to be seen. he must have been involved in the attack that broke down, 3rd minute of injury time, Brian would be tearing his hair out if he had any.

Agree and the more and more i watch Gorkks HES GOT TO oxf*rd OFF

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 24 Nov 2012 23:41

windermere_royal
RoyallyFcuked Morrison - 7 - Probably our best player, good header for the goal and cant remember him doing much wrong

Gave the ball away in midfield for the equaliser , couldn`t get back to defend the cross into the box.

True, just seen it again but I didnt see who gave the ball away for the first goal at the time

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 24 Nov 2012 23:42

Been home a while, but having now seen the highlights too....This is what I've learnt today

1) I thought we were lucky and that Di Santo's goal wasn't offside. This indeed was the case.
2) Gunter was unsurpisingly the one playing Beausejour onside. More than just that, the number of times he stood marking no-one on the right hand corner of the penalty area was frightening.
3) As well as Shorey and Morrison played, they can't be relied on to save us every bloody time.
4) Feds still has a mistake in him every game...despite his otherwise excellent performance today, he really should have held it for Gomez's 1st.
5) Pog did ok when he came on, but by that point ALF seemed to be playing as an attacking midfielder.... He was dropping too deep!
6) Surely even Mariappa is a better bet than the friendly ghost at CB!
7) Jobi... A captain....a CM...unsubbale..Seriously?
8 ) Funny that Brian thinks the pen would have changed everything. The way we were defending, can we honestly say we'd have won?
9) Which leads me onto, why not go 433 if you want Jobi, McCleary and HRK on? Leave Roberts/Pog up top, ALF floating and HRK out wide. Then have Jobi and McCleary in midfield with one of Tabb/Legs as the holding midfielder? Well...it can't be any sillier than leaving your best CB out and another better option on the bench, your most creative midfielder out completely and trying to make your highest wage earner play a way he isn't used to....
Last edited by Kitsondinho on 24 Nov 2012 23:46, edited 2 times in total.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 24 Nov 2012 23:44

Travelling back this evening I have given this a bit of thought and having seen all 12 league games this season I can neatly sum up our problem: we've got the worst squad in the division.

Looking down the Wigan squad list I thought to myself "I'd take their squad over ours" and to be honest I've thought that every game so far this season. For all McD's transfer market failings this last summer, he does get the very best out of a very limited squad.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 24 Nov 2012 23:48

floyd__streete Travelling back this evening I have given this a bit of thought and having seen all 12 league games this season I can neatly sum up our problem: we've got the worst squad in the division.

It took you 12 games to come to this conclusion?..I could have told you it before Stoke.
Last edited by windermere_royal on 24 Nov 2012 23:54, edited 1 time in total.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 24 Nov 2012 23:49

windermere_royal
floyd__streete Travelling back this evening I have given this a bit of thought and having seen all 12 league games this season I can neatly sum up our problem: we've got the worst squad in the division.

It took you 12 games to come to this conclusion?..I could have told you it before the Stoke.

Thought we should give the new signings a chance to show what they are worth, but I kind of suspected the same myself m8.

I am treating this season a bit like a sale at DFS; limited period only, enjoy it while you can (if you can.....).

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 25 Nov 2012 00:00

Looking down the Wigan squad list I thought to myself "I'd take their squad over ours" and to be honest I've thought that every game so far this season. For all McD's transfer market failings this last summer, he does get the very best out of a very limited squad.

Exactly. On paper, we are worst side in the division. Had we not gone on that run to get promotion I think this season we would probably be mid table in the championship at best.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 25 Nov 2012 00:04

floyd__streete
windermere_royal

It took you 12 games to come to this conclusion?..I could have told you it before the Stoke.

Thought we should give the new signings a chance to show what they are worth, but I kind of suspected the same myself m8.

I am treating this season a bit like a sale at DFS; limited period only, enjoy it while you can (if you can.....).

If we can stay in touch ntil Jamuary then perhaps we can bring in two or three to shore up the defence and midfield. Then perhaps we have a chance. Perhaps.

I realise the perhaps count of my post is a tad on the high side.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Nov 2012 00:12

moonwalklikebas Gunter looks vulnerable because the undroppable Mcanuff is absolute dog shite at anything that involves effort....generally everything but taking the glory. Stop having a go at Gunter, when Mcleary or Hal is in front of him he looks good.

Apart from the bits of the game where Jobi and HRK swapped sides and after McCleary came on when nothing changed about Gunter's performance.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Nov 2012 00:17

Wycombe Royal I haven't read the entire thread but having seen the three goals we conceded today how can anyone give Gunter anything over 3 or 4? We conceded 3 goals and all 3 came from their left where Gunter gave their winger ample time and space to put in a decent cross each time.

We need Cummings back in at right back as he doesn't give the opposition so much space in dangerous areas. How difficult is it to close down the winger before he crosses the ball?

Harsh, given the first was caused by Morrison running forward, giving the ball away and not getting back into position quickly enough. And the third was caused by us losing the ball, Shorey passing off into an empty central midfield, Ledge being too slow to reach it and no one picking up any of their players around the edge of the box. As usual.

Not saying he played well, he didn't. They got through on that side time and time again. But Cummings has not performed particularly well either. IMO Gorkss is by the far the worst and most frequent offender in our defence, I think Gunter tucks in as much because Gorkss is going crazy in the middle. And of course he didn't get a whole lot of help from covering winger or central midfielders.

Royal Monk

by Royal Monk » 25 Nov 2012 00:44

We simply dont have a good enough team , Wigan wouldnt swap any of their players for ours .... the are better in every single position

You can swap "Wigan" for pretty much all teams in this league :|

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Nov 2012 00:46

this time last week

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Nov 2012 00:51

AthleticoSpizz this time last week

And so easily predicted.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Nov 2012 00:54

as is, the posts of some

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 Nov 2012 01:40

Royal Monk We simply dont have a good enough team , Wigan wouldnt swap any of their players for ours .... the are better in every single position

You can swap "Wigan" for pretty much all teams in this league :|

so we give up do we? I think we need to get a bit of a grip here gaylords.

We have what we have. Personally I think we can stay up, but it won't be nice. I the fans have a job to do.

McDemott has always got of the best out of his players...he'll need to.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Nov 2012 01:44

and personally, if MaccyD should get the sack

I'd rather have Leon in charge over Jose, Alex and Harry

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 25 Nov 2012 01:48

leon so we give up do we? I think we need to get a bit of a grip here gaylords.

We have what we have. Personally I think we can stay up, but it won't be nice. I the fans have a job to do.

McDemott has always got of the best out of his players...he'll need to.

You call us gaylords.....then trot out that tired old cliche about the fans 'having a job to do'? I am glad that you stopped short of calling us the 'twelfth man' :| .

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 Nov 2012 01:50

AthleticoSpizz and personally, if MaccyD should get the sack

I'd rather have Leon in charge over Jose, Alex and Harry

f*ck yes. we'd do a lot of press ups and mime.

199 posts