How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

3209 posts
loyalroyaldaz

Re: How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

by loyalroyaldaz » 09 Dec 2012 17:58

Most fans would agree that no one player is bigger than the club. No reason why this doesn't extend to the Manager.
Brian it's been a blast and you will always have a special place in the hearts of the fans but time has run out and in your own words "Move on".

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 09 Dec 2012 18:04

cmonurz
MmmMonsterMunch RB - you've been calling him a clown for a while now so don't try to make out it was heat of the moment. And as for saying you only decided you wanted him out 2 weeks ago well that is total bollox too. You've been slagging him off for ages & yes I will trawl through your posts to prove it if required.

:lol:

Presumably you backed down on this because you saw that on 31st October, RB wrote this.

Its looking like we may fail again in the PL - on both occasions with very good and previously very successful managers. So maybe it's not the managers that are the problem but more those that manage them.

And on 1st November, he wrote this.

I'm so hoping for a miracle turn around. It would be absolutely tragic if McDermott has to leave RFC after all he has done for the club over very many years. Would be nice if they could find him another meaningful role in that eventuality but I suspect that is unlikely.

LOL no I couldn't be arsed to actually look through his posts TBF but well done to you for doing so. :roll: :roll:

He has been whining about BM for fcuking ages now.

Once were Biscuitmen

by Once were Biscuitmen » 09 Dec 2012 18:04

Why would we sack a proven Championship manager because he can't compete in the Premiership with what is basically a good Championship team?

If Wolves had stuck with Mick they would have been in much better shape this season for instance.

Who would come here and do any better? There will only be limited funds - if any- in January for a new manager who would have to pick up and even more demoralized team.

The only way if would make any sense is if Anton's Dad decides to potentially waste a few tens of millions to give us a good shot at staying up.

This seems unlikely.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 09 Dec 2012 18:05

MmmMonsterMunch
cmonurz
MmmMonsterMunch RB - you've been calling him a clown for a while now so don't try to make out it was heat of the moment. And as for saying you only decided you wanted him out 2 weeks ago well that is total bollox too. You've been slagging him off for ages & yes I will trawl through your posts to prove it if required.

Presumably you backed down on this because you saw that on 31st October, RB wrote this.

Its looking like we may fail again in the PL - on both occasions with very good and previously very successful managers. So maybe it's not the managers that are the problem but more those that manage them.

I'm so hoping for a miracle turn around. It would be absolutely tragic if McDermott has to leave RFC after all he has done for the club over very many years. Would be nice if they could find him another meaningful role in that eventuality but I suspect that is unlikely.

LOL no I couldn't be arsed to actually look through his posts TBF but well done to you for doing so. :roll: :roll:

Well clearly not. :lol:

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 09 Dec 2012 18:06

Friday's Legacy I don't think Brian has long left now. The dressing is split, to put it mildly. He has one player who has openly mocked him for being tactically inept, and a 'favourite' proving to be quite the trouble maker, which would come as a surprise to many. Another player who Brian would want to rely on to support him also turned on him yesterday in the dressing room after the game. Can a manager rein them all back in and get their full backing? I can't recall the last time I saw that.

Care to elaborate?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 09 Dec 2012 18:08

MmmMonsterMunch
cmonurz

I can only think you are extremely young and that is why a few weeks seems like 'fcuking ages'! Mind you, the football has on occasions been so poor that it seems to make time the time seem a lot longer!

Believe you me, I would like nothing more than B McD to prove me wrong and pull off the miracle. Would happily take the then deserved stick from the likes of RR and you, in exchange for PL survival.

working class hero

by working class hero » 09 Dec 2012 18:16

The players have to criticise Brian....
If it isn't his fault they would have to accept responsibility and admit they are not good enough.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 09 Dec 2012 18:18

RB - Maybe a week or two on hobnob seems like a year. :wink:

I'm sure you made some diarrhoea comment about Brian a couple of months but honestly CBA to trawl through.

(even though I said I would)

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 09 Dec 2012 18:22

cmonurz
MmmMonsterMunch
cmonurz

Well clearly not. :lol:

Please don't tell me you've just read every one of RB's posts during the last 18 months!

You should be on suicide watch for the next few weeks.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 09 Dec 2012 18:23

I'm sure we can all be excused an opinion or two in the heat of the moment, but safe to say if RB was writing the above five weeks ago, he hasn't had it in for Brian 'for ages'.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 09 Dec 2012 18:24

LOL no I haven't RR. This weekend was bad enough already. Reading were crud & Maloney got booted from X Factor. Reading them back might just tip me over the edge!

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 09 Dec 2012 19:00

Going back to the original question that the thread started with, the answer is, Wednesday morning unless we get a result at Sunderland.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Dec 2012 19:11

Royal Rother I don't think I am Ian but it's only a gut feeling and I really can't think of any type of research I could do to support what was pretty much a throwaway comment in the 1st place.

It's really not worth the effort.

Knickers should certainly remain untwisted over this one.

I think the main problem is you backing your gut feeling that you've got nothing to support.

And then refusing to entertain the possibility of it being nonsense in the face of half a dozen examples invalidating it from just the last 5 years. Without any justification, just metaphorically putting your hands over your ears and going "nyar nyar nyar, I'm not listening"

I thought you were better than that.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 09 Dec 2012 19:22

MmmMonsterMunch RB - Maybe a week or two on hobnob seems like a year. :wink:

I'm sure you made some diarrhoea comment about Brian a couple of months but honestly CBA to trawl through.

(even though I said I would)

I might have been critical about something he did or said a couple of month's ago (although I doubt I would have used that word as it is one of those I always struggle to spell correctly). However, a one off comment/criticism is very different from a concerted campaign and/or calling for him to be fired! There were occasions when I criticised things that SSC did and I thought he was God for most of the time!

Now if I'd been accused of having a thing against JM for ages, I would have had to have pleaded guilty as charged!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Dec 2012 19:26

Friday's Legacy I don't think Brian has long left now. The dressing is split, to put it mildly. He has one player who has openly mocked him for being tactically inept, and a 'favourite' proving to be quite the trouble maker, which would come as a surprise to many. Another player who Brian would want to rely on to support him also turned on him yesterday in the dressing room after the game. Can a manager rein them all back in and get their full backing? I can't recall the last time I saw that.

Taking this at face value, despite being very skeptical about your insider knowledge you'd have to assume that anyone mocking him for being tactically inept would be one of the more recently signed players, probably with PL experience - like Roberts, Guthrie, Shorey or maybe Pog. I could see someone like Federici, Pearce, Karacan, Hunt or maybe Roberts acting as a troublemaker from who I'd consider to be favourites. And someone like Gorkss, McAnuff or Ledge being the previously reliable one to turn.

I'd say McAnuff has looked particularly down and is certainly off his game from earlier in the season. He also seems fairly bright, so can probaby see that McDermott really isn't getting a great deal right at the moment and is therefore losing patience, even if he retains respect.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 09 Dec 2012 19:36

Maybe the players are having a spat because McD has actually grown some for once and actually told them they're sh!t?

CayeneMatt

by CayeneMatt » 09 Dec 2012 20:02

If what FL is saying is true, and I'd believe him more than most on here, then I think we've reached a watershed. Or certainly will if we don't get 3 pts on Tuesday night.

I can't see Tabb, Hunt or McAnuff causing trouble. But Guthrie has nothing to lose and Roberts is incapable of keeping his gob shut so my money is on them. Maybe Feds too as payback.

Up until now, its the muppets on here causing the unrest. If that switches to the dressing room, his days are numbered..

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 09 Dec 2012 20:03

Royal Rother :lol: You love it don't you! Like a dog with a plastic bone.

I am neither surprised nor defensive - I know you want me to try to argue the case but I said at the time I was not going to make an attempt to justify it. I think you'd be better off looking for something else to get stuck into.

Oh and by the way, I don't have guy feelings.

I'm really not that fussed RR, you can't argue the case because there isn't one. I'm just pointing out you're wrong.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 09 Dec 2012 20:06

Ian Royal
Royal Rother I don't think I am Ian but it's only a gut feeling and I really can't think of any type of research I could do to support what was pretty much a throwaway comment in the 1st place.

It's really not worth the effort.

Knickers should certainly remain untwisted over this one.

I think the main problem is you backing your gut feeling that you've got nothing to support.

And then refusing to entertain the possibility of it being nonsense in the face of half a dozen examples invalidating it from just the last 5 years. Without any justification, just metaphorically putting your hands over your ears and going "nyar nyar nyar, I'm not listening"

I thought you were better than that.

I will debate til the cows come home something that i have knowledge on or interests me. This was just a throwaway comment and really doesn't interest me which I said at the time. I have nothing to support my view and have not at any stage argued the point I made. It's a bit odd that it is still causing comment.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 09 Dec 2012 20:13

It caused comment by myself because I just logged on and read your reply.

What most people do when they state an unfounded fact which is then corrected for them is accept they were talking bollocks about something they knew nothing about, not spout off about how odd it is that someone might correct something that's wrong.

3209 posts