Brian is staying according JM on BBCRB

152 posts
REMTARDROYAL

Re: Brian is staying according JM on BBCRB

by REMTARDROYAL » 10 Dec 2012 12:29

He said at one point something along the lines of Southampton spent £30M but we spent very little.

27 million and, mentioned over the weekend, one of the biggest spenders in Europe this summer.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 10 Dec 2012 12:30

CayeneMatt
andrew1957
MmmMonsterMunch Andrew - I got the impression he was frustrated at the fans' getting on BM's back but maybe I read it wrong...

Really not sure MMM. He seemed to get quite flustered at one point. But then at the end he went out of his way to say what a great bloke Anton was. He also said that he understood why the fans were fed up but that we should all keep the faith and keep supporting the manager.

He could also be frustrated at the open warfare going on in the dressing room, and particularly those that are involved - thats certainly not the Reading way either.

Please can someone give details of this "open warfare" in the dressing room, is there any actual proof or is it, as I suspect, just lazy inference from a couple of tweets ?

glenroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by glenroyal » 10 Dec 2012 13:01

Not sure whether to read anything into the phrase "this time next week" ? Not exactly a long term commitment, but otherwise exactly the loyalty message that makes Royals what we are since Mr Mad took us under his wing, and Anton seems to fit the same mould.

IMHO he will definitely see us beyond the January transfer window.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 10 Dec 2012 13:01

Barry the bird boggler Please can someone give details of this "open warfare" in the dressing room, is there any actual proof or is it, as I suspect, just lazy inference from a couple of tweets ?

I have it on good authority that only last Tuesday Danny Guthrie launched a cavalry charge across the training ground but Brian McDermott formed his infantry into squares to nullify the threat.

Rusty royal

by Rusty royal » 10 Dec 2012 13:06

Maguire I have it on good authority that only last Tuesday Danny Guthrie launched a cavalry charge across the training ground but Brian McDermott formed his infantry into squares to nullify the threat.

Danny rounded the blockade with one very easy stepover and score passed a distraught feds as it whipped the pork pie from his hands before hitting the back of the net :lol:

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 10 Dec 2012 13:07

People should get behind the squad, team and manager and let's work things out and get things right

F*ckin' diabolical cheek - maybe that's why there was a few thousand at St Mary's on Saturday doing their bit or didn't you notice?
What he needs to understand that if he believes it's a business, then we are the customers, and when customers are served up a pile of sh!t
for £35 a pop they have a right to complain. Arrogant tw@t.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 10 Dec 2012 13:09

Maguire
Barry the bird boggler Please can someone give details of this "open warfare" in the dressing room, is there any actual proof or is it, as I suspect, just lazy inference from a couple of tweets ?

I have it on good authority that only last Tuesday Danny Guthrie launched a cavalry charge across the training ground but Brian McDermott formed his infantry into squares to nullify the threat.

and they say he is tactically inept?!

Bah!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 10 Dec 2012 13:10

RobRoyal
RoyalBlue
Harpers So Solid Crew Same as we all supported the previous manager and gave him time to get things going?

Exactly! The way this interview is being reported, it absolutely stinks of hypocrisy!

Yeah! The only difference being we're in the Premiership relegation zone, not the Championship relegation zone :roll:

Come off it Madejski talking of spending more money? The world's finest cloth cutter? It was lack of funds and cloth cutting which made it so difficult for Rodgers to change things but at least he tried to do things differently (including blooding youngsters) and the football was more attractive to watch. What's more, his team wasn't performing as badly as the current one.

Sure he might think that changing managers rarely works but there's probably still more chance of that paying off than sticking with one who only has one approach and seems to have completely run out of ideas as to how to make that work.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 10 Dec 2012 13:13

Pandoras Box
People should get behind the squad, team and manager and let's work things out and get things right

F*ckin' diabolical cheek - maybe that's why there was a few thousand at St Mary's on Saturday doing their bit or didn't you notice?
What he needs to understand that if he believes it's a business, then we are the customers, and when customers are served up a pile of sh!t
for £35 a pop they have a right to complain. Arrogant tw@t.

season ticket holders all got their tickets at last seasons prices didnt we?
anyone who didnt is either paying the price for their lack of faith last year
or is paying a premium to come and watch big premiere league teams come to town.
theres no guarantee of victory, or good football written into conditions on the ticket you buy. never has been, never will be.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 10 Dec 2012 13:14

RoyalBlue
RobRoyal
RoyalBlue Exactly! The way this interview is being reported, it absolutely stinks of hypocrisy!

Yeah! The only difference being we're in the Premiership relegation zone, not the Championship relegation zone :roll:

Come off it Madejski talking of spending more money? The world's finest cloth cutter? It was lack of funds and cloth cutting which made it so difficult for Rodgers to change things but at least he tried to do things differently (including blooding youngsters) and the football was more attractive to watch. What's more, his team wasn't performing as badly as the current one.

Sure he might think that changing managers rarely works but there's probably still more chance of that paying off than sticking with one who only has one approach and seems to have completely run out of ideas as to how to make that work.

the man who bailed us out of 5 million pound losses year on year since we moved to the stadium, until he ran out of money?

yeah, you bastard john!

larry1971

by larry1971 » 10 Dec 2012 14:50

I don't know if one condition of the take over deal was that Mcdermott could not be sacked this season regardless of results but it does seem to me that Madejski still holds a lot of power at the club and is still pulling the strings despite no longer being the majority share holder .

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 10 Dec 2012 15:05

melonhead
Maguire

and they say he is tactically inept?!

Bah!

I think we should go gung ho and do a Charge of the Light Brigade. That's if we take the ball with us.

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 10 Dec 2012 15:11

I've long advocated doubling up on the wings, appear to cede the middle ground to lure them on, before encircling and attacking

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 10 Dec 2012 15:12

larry1971 I don't know if one condition of the take over deal was that Mcdermott could not be sacked this season regardless of results but it does seem to me that Madejski still holds a lot of power at the club and is still pulling the strings despite no longer being the majority share holder .

Well BM signed a new contract after rumours that Wolves were after him, he was quoted as saying he had a conversation with Anton which made up his mind, you can only speculate that he was told his job was safe for the forseeable future.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 10 Dec 2012 15:18

creative_username_1 I've long advocated doubling up on the wings, appear to cede the middle ground to lure them on, before encircling and attacking

Manstein was the pioneer of tactical football.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 10 Dec 2012 15:22

MmmMonsterMunch I got the impression he was frustrated at the fans' getting on BM's back but maybe I read it wrong...

Getting frustrated with the stupid pr*cks that infest this forum? Surely not :|

victormeldrewsbro.

where is Mr Mad.?

by victormeldrewsbro. » 10 Dec 2012 15:29

As usual the silence from the club about our current predicament is deafening!Perhaps they think that we have not noticed that we have only won 1 pl match this season and that the only time our support is "valued"is when it is season ticket renewal time.I have not seen JM parading round the pitch recently or does he only do this when it looks like we might be going to win something!Perhaps JM and the board could do this before the Arsenal game as a rallying call for everybody to pull together to try and get us out of the mess we are in.I think that most supporters are intelligent enough to realise that we are not going to win the PL but some information about what plan b is for this season (plan a obviously has not worked)would be good.i feel a bit sorry for Brian as although i think he is probably out of his depth at this level he does not appear to be getting any support from above and he cut a very lonely figure on saturday perhaps it is time for the dreaded vote of confidence.Also where is Nick Hammond these days we were always being told what a genius he was after the signings of Doyle and Long but his summer signings have not exactly been a success and everyone knew that the nucleus of last seasons side was not good enough for the PL perhaps the people calling for Brians head should be targetting the man in charge of giving him the tools to work with.Finally we should now be planning for next season whichever league we are going to be in bringing in some young hungry players with a pre requisite that they can actually pass a ball to one of their own team mates!

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

Re: where is Mr Mad.?

by Alexander Litvinenko » 10 Dec 2012 15:30

He was on BBCRB this morning.

/thread.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Dec 2012 15:31

Was also on the pitch before the Utd game

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 10 Dec 2012 15:38

Alexander Litvinenko He was on BBCRB this morning.

/thread.

LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol:

amusing

152 posts