Brian is staying according JM on BBCRB

152 posts
holsgrove breaks a leg

Re: Brian is staying according JM on BBCRB

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 10 Dec 2012 19:11

spotted, Nicky Hammond at Heathrow when the the Amsterdam and St Petersburg flights had landed.........

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 10 Dec 2012 19:16

Born 'n Bred Royal I agree with JM - but McDermott needs money to turn it around in Jan. However, never again do I want to see a performance as toothless as the one on Saturday.

And all the tossers calling for his head need to have a reality check. This time last year we weren't even in the playoff positions, we've spent next to nothing and our heaviest defeat this year has been 4-2 and 3-1 respectively against two world class sides.

Personally i think the players should bear some of the responsibility - where was McAnuff on saturday when we needed a bit of leadership? A few of the players ie Guthrie have shown unprofessionalism and disrespect to the team with their comments and attitude, which is unacceptable when you're being paid thousands every bloody week.

Much the same, i will be very pissed off if we don't spend in January as there is a clear need for investment.

Agree with most of this.

My only criticism of BM is that he brought in Guthrie and the Pog as his marquee signings but he hasn't been able to get the best out of them.

As fans we don't know what goes on behind closed doors but if you are going to sign two high earners you surely have to make sure they are the right fit for the style of football you want to play. I wouldn't call a plumber and then ask him to re-wire my house.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 10 Dec 2012 19:17

holsgrove breaks a leg spotted, Nicky Hammond at Heathrow when the the Amsterdam and St Petersburg flights had landed.........

SJM said this morning on BBCRB that he (Hammond) was in Moscow for a meeting with Anton about new players for January so not surprising.

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 10 Dec 2012 19:23

Who wouldnt want to be a fly on the wall in that meeting.....

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 10 Dec 2012 19:25

holsgrove breaks a leg Who wouldnt want to be a fly on the wall in that meeting.....

Anton - "so Nicky how are the negotiations coming on with Messi, Ronaldo and Rooney?"

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 10 Dec 2012 19:31

Brian still has my backing. This squad is the weakest in the division, and a 5m budget in the summer for him was not enough. Cant see anybody else doing a much better job with this current squad. The squad has good foundations, but we need 3 players of Premier League quality to compete, potentially will be to late by January.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 10 Dec 2012 19:31

andrew1957
holsgrove breaks a leg spotted, Nicky Hammond at Heathrow when the the Amsterdam and St Petersburg flights had landed.........

SJM said this morning on BBCRB that he (Hammond) was in Moscow for a meeting with Anton about new players for January so not surprising.

New players, new managers...

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 10 Dec 2012 19:40

Melonhead wrote:-
saints build from a bigger base than ours, and their super rich owners have the money available, and dont mind throwing it away.of choice[/quote]

"Throwing it away"?
Investing significant sums in young talented players is hardly throwing it away.
This is also against a background of having sold Bale,Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain in recent years for large sums of money.
The owners have also understood that £40 million of TV money will be coming their way whereas our lot don't seem to have grasped that fact.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 10 Dec 2012 19:42

LoyalRoyal22 Brian still has my backing. This squad is the weakest in the division, and a 5m budget in the summer for him was not enough. Cant see anybody else doing a much better job with this current squad. The squad has good foundations, but we need 3 players of Premier League quality to compete, potentially will be to late by January.

£5m budget? We spent that on just Mariappa and Gunter. You seem to ignore the money spent on signing on fees for Pogrebnyak which were seven figures plus, and his agent, then Guthrie, Shorey... Easily £10m spent on transfer fees, signing on fees and agents fees.

Cypry

by Cypry » 10 Dec 2012 19:57

Victor Meldrew
Melonhead Melonhead wrote:-
saints build from a bigger base than ours, and their super rich owners have the money available, and dont mind throwing it away.of choice

"Throwing it away"?
Investing significant sums in young talented players is hardly throwing it away.
This is also against a background of having sold Bale,Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain in recent years for large sums of money.
The owners have also understood that £40 million of TV money will be coming their way whereas our lot don't seem to have grasped that fact.

Not to mention that they already have a CAT1 academy....

£40M? If you're talking about the increase in TV money next season then you can halve that figure, for clubs finishing in the bottom half it'll be around £10M from the domestic contract and about the same from overseas....

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 10 Dec 2012 20:52

Why is spending a load of cash going to guarantee our survival? My god these arguments get boring. Look at QPR FFS!! They are nailed on to go down now & will be in big shit next season no doubt.

Harry will be out of there quicker than you can say revenue & customs.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 10 Dec 2012 21:11

Arch
Barry the bird boggler
Harpers So Solid Crew Same as we all supported the previous manager and gave him time to get things going?

Exactly, if JM had done that I think we'd be in a much stronger position playing wise.

It's possible, but you have to ask yourself who would be the players who would be playing that silky-smooth BR brand of football for us?

We might well have ended up with the likes of Scott Sinclair, Wayne Routledge, Leon Britton, Josh McEachran, Michael Vorm and Joe Allen.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Dec 2012 22:47

melonhead
Ian Royal You can't say we're trying to establish as Prem within 5 years and then blame being relegation certainties on punching above your weight.

in no way are those two mutallu exclusive, so i see no reason why you cant say both things

Well because if you want to make one happen, then you make sure you aren't punching above your weight. And we shouldn't be.

We're in the mire because the start to the season has been disastrous from signings working, tactics, selection, in game management, injuries, form and just plain rub of the green. The head up the arse approach isn't going to work.

Forest Gump

by Forest Gump » 10 Dec 2012 23:25

Someone please tell JM he is not in charge anymore and the Championship plus a bit approach no longer works.
Not asking for a Ridsdale mentality but we need some committment and ambition for a change.

Vic_Flange

by Vic_Flange » 10 Dec 2012 23:37

Good old SJM. He does like a laugh. All this is just a public display of the old Vote if Confidence for the gaffer.
If only...

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 10 Dec 2012 23:55

I would take what Madejski says with a pinch of salt. I am sure Brian's future is very much on the agenda and will be agreed before there are any mention of budgets for new players.

I still think Brian will be gone by Wednesday, and sadly I think it would be in the clubs and Brian's best interests if that was the case.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 11 Dec 2012 00:21

Huge pinch of salt, Anton gets along with Brian but why would he feel affection and loyalty. He put his money in to this club as an investment. If we go down the valuation of the club WILL HALF.

I have a lot of respect for what BM has done for us. But this could potentially turn into an embarrassment a la Derby. Russian millionaires do not like being embarrassed. Although he has said it is a 5 year plan, this will leave a sour taste whilst he's playing durak with his mates back in St Petersburg.

There are too many 'I thinks' in SJM's interview for my liking. I'm starting to think he might know as much as we do about the manager situation and Jan budget (fcuk all on both counts)

If true about NH flying in to Russia, I suspect it's about much more than discussing potential signings. Anton is a football fan and is well aware of the possibility of slipping down a division and struggling to get back up like Leeds, Forest, Leicester etc have done.

Or I'm looking way too far in to it and Anton just simply wants to keep well away for the visit of arsenal

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 11 Dec 2012 00:42

Probably approaching the most important transfer window in RFC's history. The outcome of which really hangs by a thread. Do we spend a huge amount of money and gamble on the signings making a huge difference, spend nothing and accept our fate or spend wisely on players for next season?

I am glad that's not my decision to make. Whatever happens, I expect the usual retarded comments from most on here.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 11 Dec 2012 01:35

As you say - possibly a very clinical mind is needed to dissect the team, kick under achievers up the backside, marginalise a few and kick this team into shape. If or until that happens i expect this could fracture the team further if the supposition about a factuous dressing room are correct. It's not pretty being a supporter and seeing this team fail to make it's mark in this league. As you say it's make or break for the clubs fortunes. Tonight at Sunderland could get interesting.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 11 Dec 2012 04:37

Cypry
£40M? If you're talking about the increase in TV money next season then you can halve that figure, for clubs finishing in the bottom half it'll be around £10M from the domestic contract and about the same from overseas....

Not sure if you mean what the rises will be or what clubs get per season. Even WoLOLves earned about £40m in TV revenue for finishing last.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/201 ... xt-190601/

Same article looks at the revenue increases next year, looks like it'll be at least £14m and as much as £33m :shock:

152 posts