Pog Ponders Talks

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Pog Ponders Talks

by Snowball » 14 Dec 2012 12:00

Pog had a decent season in the Bundesliga but the following season he got just one goal.

He started with a bang for Fulham but then had a long barren spell

His figures overall are decent.

244 Matches - 77 Goals = 1 Goal every 214 Minutes - Pogrevnyak
317 Matches - 77 Goals = 1 Goal every 289 Minutes - Roberts

012 Matches - 03 Goals = 1 Goal every 179 Minutes - Hal Robson Kanu (Premiership Only)
016 Matches - 04 Goals = 1 Goal every 203 Minutes - Le Fondre (Premiership Only)
013 Matches - 02 Goals = 1 Goal every 253 Minutes - Hunt (Premiership Only)

165 Matches - 76 Goals = 1 Goal every 162 Minutes - Le Fondre Career incl lower level football
235 Matches - 62 Goals = 1 Goal every 249 Minutes - Hunt Career incl lower level football

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 14 Dec 2012 12:06

MmmMonsterMunch
windermere_royal , I`m convinced Pog could be a 20 goal a seaon man if we could create chances for him, sadly most mongs on here don`t see the full picture.

Totally agree with you. He looked a cut above anything else we had in the first few games & the abuse is totally unjustified. He has probably become a bit disillusioned with how the team are performing - lets be honest you probably would in his shoes too!

2-11-5-8-9-15-8-5 in his last 8 seasons, averaging a fraction under 8 goals per season

(That's all comps, not just league goals)

Hard to see how he should get 20 for a struggling side in the Prem

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 14 Dec 2012 12:08

Reading4eva Although he says he has not yet discussed the situation with Reading owner and compatriot Anton Zingarevich, he hinted that talks may be on the cards.
I hope Anton reminds him his manager is Brian McDermott and that's who he should speak to if he has any problems.

murof

by murof » 14 Dec 2012 13:46

I think given a chance and some proper service Pog should do well. i think he is more suited to play alongside Noel Hunt than either of Le Fondre or Jason Roberts, who I think can do no more for this club. All he's playing for now is Jason Roberts and his retirement fund.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 14 Dec 2012 14:55

Ideal
TBM
But someone should whisper correctly how and what we should do on the pitch."

Ooof - take that McD

oxf*rd off lazy overrated diving russian bar steward

has always a well thought out and considered opinion.

glenroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by glenroyal » 14 Dec 2012 15:04

Thought the Pog interview - meddled with or not - was pretty measured. He ain't burning any bridges.

I think a lot of players in these days of media overload and twitter forget there's a right and a wrong place to say things. Any player not being selected, or not seeing the right team selected around him, is entitled to be pissed off and entitled to have an opinion - encouraged I'd hope.

But unless we want mob-rule rather than good management it has to be - praise in public, whinges and bollockings in private.

Royals-lad14

by Royals-lad14 » 14 Dec 2012 15:14

murof I think given a chance and some proper service Pog should do well. i think he is more suited to play alongside Noel Hunt than either of[b][b][b] Le Fondre or Jason Roberts, who I think can do no more for this club.[/b][/b][/b] All he's playing for now is Jason Roberts and his retirement fund.

:lol: :lol: are you deluded?

murof

by murof » 14 Dec 2012 15:37

Royals-lad14
murof I think given a chance and some proper service Pog should do well. i think he is more suited to play alongside Noel Hunt than either of[b][b][b] Le Fondre or Jason Roberts, who I think can do no more for this club.[/b][/b][/b] All he's playing for now is Jason Roberts and his retirement fund.

:lol: :lol: are you deluded?

I mean Jason Roberts doing more for the club. le Fondre is fantastic and I would be happy if he started every game

FORZA READING

by FORZA READING » 14 Dec 2012 15:38

Think we need to base our game around the Pog a bit more. He is a bit of a beast but he needs the ball into his feet do that and he will get goals.

RFCSPACE

by RFCSPACE » 14 Dec 2012 15:45

Ideal Jason Roberts, even if he hasn't scored, and has been annoying on twitter, is easily or most hardworking striker, who does the most for our teamwork&tactical plan.
Along with Noel Hunt, Shorey and Morrison, I'd say he has been one of our better performers this year.

+1

The Beardy Man

by The Beardy Man » 14 Dec 2012 15:51

Ideal Jason Roberts, even if he hasn't scored, and has been annoying on twitter, is easily or most hardworking striker, who does the most for our teamwork&tactical plan.
Along with Noel Hunt, Shorey and Morrison, I'd say he has been one of our better performers this year.

Not sure Noel Hunt has been especially stand out, nor that I have found Roberts twitter presence in any way annoying, but otherwise agreed.

Brianstorm

by Brianstorm » 14 Dec 2012 16:30

Hunt started the season quite well. Not really been in the team since. Think the Pog and Roberts could be worth a bash. Roberts works the channels well and his link up play is millions of times better than anyone esle in the club and with the Pog being the best finisher ti could be a decent partnership

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Dec 2012 18:18

maffff If he didn't come so deep to try to get the ball as he gets frustrated wanting it to feet so tries to go get it himself he could be awesome for us.

If he was a bit quicker across the ground and a little less ponderous he'd be awesome for us. Especially if the tactics weren't so utterly shit.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 14 Dec 2012 18:37

It would be interesting to see what BM told Pog and Guthrie when they signed maybe that they would be playing every week

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 14 Dec 2012 18:39

Seems like an overrated player, or we're just making him look that way.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 14 Dec 2012 18:41

Royalclapper Seems like an overrated player, or we're just making him look that way.

Maybe your right there's only been two players that looked any good this season Shorey and AM

Brianstorm

by Brianstorm » 14 Dec 2012 18:43

Royalclapper Seems like an overrated player, or we're just making him look that way.

Think he would be a solid performer at this level in the right type of team but we do make him look useless. Actually I would like to read the scouting report we had of him. I imagine it was something like;

He's big so he will be good at long ball....

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 14 Dec 2012 18:45

Lost in translation.......

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 14 Dec 2012 18:46

Brianstorm

Think he would be a solid performer at this level in the right type of team but we do make him look useless. Actually I would like to read the scouting report we had of him. I imagine it was something like;

He's big so he will be good at long ball....

You cynic, how could you think like that :wink:

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 18 Dec 2012 00:27

Can't believe the bullshit I'm reading about Pog being so awful tonight. He was the only player showing any quality on the few occasions we managed to get the ball anywhere near him. You can't really judge a striker when they're playing in a piss poor team that creates nothing. He created a first half chance for Kebe and he linked play up well. The guy is too good for the crap the other ten on the pitch produced tonight.