How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

3209 posts
Mr Controversial

Re: How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

by Mr Controversial » 18 Dec 2012 12:16

Everything that is wrong with the club at the minute stems from one thing and one thing only....

LACK OF FUNDS

that is not Brians fault although I do agree that on some issues he has not covered himself in glory.

Let me ask you this Focher - lets pretend that you are Chairman and then McDermott leaves the club - what would you do as Chairman?

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 18 Dec 2012 12:18

Mr Controversial
Let me ask you this Focher - lets pretend that you are Chairman and then McDermott leaves the club - what would you do as Chairman?

id get Mark Hughes in, a manager with an excellent premier league record on a small budget, and an appalling record on a large budget, the perfect match.

Mr Controversial

by Mr Controversial » 18 Dec 2012 12:20

Focher
Mr Controversial

id get Mark Hughes in, a manager with an excellent premier league record on a small budget, and an appalling record on a large budget, the perfect match.

QPR can be compared to us as relegation candidates this year and they didnt see Hughes as being the man to keep them up so why would we want him?

We already have enough QPR cast offs, we dont need any more.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 18 Dec 2012 12:25

Mr Controversial
Focher
Mr Controversial

QPR can be compared to us as relegation candidates this year and they didnt see Hughes as being the man to keep them up so why would we want him?

We already have enough QPR cast offs, we dont need any more.

MC, you don't appear to be reading my posts properly, what part of small budget and big budget do you not understand :?: :?:

Man City & QPR large budget shit job

Fulham & Blackburn small budget excellent job

comprende :?: :?:

Mr Controversial

by Mr Controversial » 18 Dec 2012 12:32

I understand your logic and I have to admit that it makes sense, however, I would still have McDermott over Hughes at the moment.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 18 Dec 2012 12:37

Ben Mynott ‏@fluidnation
Brian says we're 'fighting'. Last night we made 12 tackles in total. That's 1 tackle every 7.5 mins! #readingfc @RoyalHoops @TheTilehurstEnd

Good point.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 Dec 2012 12:37

Well despite everyone ignoring my post a few pages back, typed just after the game, I'm going to stick with my original position in that McD is here for the long haul, because when he first met with AZ, AZ told him his job would be safe but he wasn't going to invest heavily in the team. Nor will he spend very much in January. AZ is running a business here, he'll want to keep the bulk of the TV money etc in the bank, not spend it, because it will make the club worth more, even in the Championship. McD will be cheap for a manager too. I expect AZ told McD to get Pog, purely cos of the Russian link - but I think McD knows as well as we do that doing it on the cheap is just making him look inept now. I think he's dropped Pog as a two finger salute to AZ, and possibly because knowing how much Pog is getting in wages has pissed off the rest of the team.

I wouldn't be surprised, nor blame him, if McD just resigned and left AZ in a whole heap of shite now. And this would FORCE him to spend more on a manager and more on players come January - which won't help the team stay up but will make AZ just that little bit poorer.

Mr Controversial

by Mr Controversial » 18 Dec 2012 12:41

SPARTA Ben Mynott ‏@fluidnation
Brian says we're 'fighting'. Last night we made 12 tackles in total. That's 1 tackle every 7.5 mins! #readingfc @RoyalHoops @TheTilehurstEnd

Good point.

Please can you someone provide a link to the stats that show we only made 12 tackles all night - sounds like bolls to me.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 18 Dec 2012 12:41

If we do still have a small budget, we ned a manager with a proven track record in the market. Brian just buys shit.

Brian out.

Mr Controversial

by Mr Controversial » 18 Dec 2012 12:42

Lacoste If we do still have a small budget, we ned a manager with a proven track record in the market. Brian just buys shit.

Brian out.

I think you will find that HAmmond is responsible for player acquisitions - I suspect McDermott has an input - therefore, as I have said before, its not as simple as pointing the finger at McDermott.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 18 Dec 2012 12:45

Mr Controversial
Lacoste If we do still have a small budget, we ned a manager with a proven track record in the market. Brian just buys shit.

Brian out.

I think you will find that HAmmond is responsible for player acquisitions - I suspect McDermott has an input - therefore, as I have said before, its not as simple as pointing the finger at McDermott.

:lol:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live ... 744/report

Shambles.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 18 Dec 2012 12:50

We win on fouls, offsides and lost balls (although after Jobi's kick on Wilshere I thought that was in doubt) :lol:

Mr Controversial

by Mr Controversial » 18 Dec 2012 12:51

SPARTA
Mr Controversial

Brian out.

:lol:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live ... 744/report

Shambles.

Yep - those are some shocking stats :oops:

still dont think Hughes would have done any better.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 18 Dec 2012 12:52

Would be interesting to see the stats when HRK came on and we went 433

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 18 Dec 2012 13:04

Snowball Would be interesting to see the stats when HRK came on and we went 433

If we were American and stats actually counted for much in Football, yes.

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 18 Dec 2012 13:12

I don't understand how possession stats are worked out because according to the BBC it was 50/50!

PHAHAHA NO oxf*rd CHANCE IT WAS 50/50.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 18 Dec 2012 13:27

Is a hoof upfield counted as a pass? So the stats mean we made 253 successful passes (mainly to someone standing 2 feet away) and Arsenal made 631. Jeez.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 18 Dec 2012 13:30

Royal91 I don't understand how possession stats are worked out because according to the BBC it was 50/50!

PHAHAHA NO oxf*rd CHANCE IT WAS 50/50.

There are various ways it is calculated. There was a recent game where a team had 82% on one version and around 55% in another.

Just something else for the Soccer AM generation to masturbate to.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 18 Dec 2012 13:30

Mr Controversial if I was Brian McDermott I would walk out on the club and stick two fingers up to some of the numpty fans....just remember where we were this time last year - rock bottom of the Championship. :roll:

Mr C

This time last year we were about to move 6th in the Championship after beating Brighton on Boxing Day.

The rest of your posts seem equalling ill-informed and inaccurate I'm afraid.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 18 Dec 2012 13:31

Just sack the clueless chump.

3209 posts