Man City Away

dragpeace

Re: Man City Away

by dragpeace » 19 Dec 2012 16:09

dragpeace Would someone mind posting when their tickets arrive, please, so I can call my hotel and tell them to watch for them? It would be much appreciated. :)

Well, our tickets haven't made it to our hotel yet. RFC ticket office suggested waiting until Saturday morning and then giving them a call, if we still haven't seen them. I assume they can get duplicates left at the Man City office (at least, I hope!).

Does anyone have a suggestion for a pub on Saturday?

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 19 Dec 2012 16:41

Apparently we returned 500 tickets

BKRoyale

by BKRoyale » 19 Dec 2012 16:46

I'm IN from yesterday - any pub suggestions welcome :)

Elazarus

by Elazarus » 19 Dec 2012 18:31

There is website all about the football grounds in the UK and it also gives the names of pubs for away fans, but I can't remember the name of the website. A suggestion of a pub would also be welcomed, wouldn't mind one or two cheaper drinks before the game.

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 19 Dec 2012 19:48

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 19 Dec 2012 19:48

Elazarus There is website all about the football grounds in the UK and it also gives the names of pubs for away fans, but I can't remember the name of the website. A suggestion of a pub would also be welcomed, wouldn't mind one or two cheaper drinks before the game.

Football Grounds Guide
http://www.footballgroundguide.com/

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 20 Dec 2012 15:17

North Somerset Royal
Elazarus There is website all about the football grounds in the UK and it also gives the names of pubs for away fans, but I can't remember the name of the website. A suggestion of a pub would also be welcomed, wouldn't mind one or two cheaper drinks before the game.

Football Grounds Guide

Try this 1 as well.
http://www.awaydaysmap.co.uk/

RFCUK

by RFCUK » 20 Dec 2012 15:54

Bit of a long shot, but my Dad has decided not to go to this game, so he's selling his ticket. Only reason he was going was to take me back home to Manchester on Saturday, but my new company car has been delivered down here so it's a needless journey.

If anyone wants a ticket, can do it for £30 just to recoup some of his money, and I'll be up in Manchester from about 1pm. Live a five minute walk away from the ground so can be there when required.

Elazarus

by Elazarus » 20 Dec 2012 17:12

BenReadingFC
North Somerset Royal

Football Grounds Guide

Try this 1 as well.

Nice one, this site is better for pinpointing the places of interest. So there are two pubs near by the looks. The Bradford Inn and Mary D'Bemish Bar. Anyone know what either of these places are like?

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 20 Dec 2012 17:27

Elazarus
BenReadingFC Try this 1 as well.

Nice one, this site is better for pinpointing the places of interest. So there are two pubs near by the looks. The Bradford Inn and Mary D'Bemish Bar. Anyone know what either of these places are like?

I've no idea what either are like but am gonna give Mary D Bemish Bar a try as that is the closer of the 2 to the away end.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 20 Dec 2012 21:18

Thank goodness this won't be a sell out. Couldn't bear to see myself lose the head with our defence on Row A after every goal on MOTD in the evening.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 21 Dec 2012 18:57

Elazarus Nice one, this site is better for pinpointing the places of interest. So there are two pubs near by the looks. The Bradford Inn and Mary D'Bemish Bar. Anyone know what either of these places are like?

I've been to the Bradford Inn last time we were in the prem, there was street parking outside on a little side road if you are early enough. The pub is rough and wasn't at all packed seeing it's proximity to the ground and general lack of pubs. IIRC it had a long seat all the way around the edge with various tears and foam exposed.

BKRoyale

by BKRoyale » 21 Dec 2012 20:17

PieEater
Elazarus Nice one, this site is better for pinpointing the places of interest. So there are two pubs near by the looks. The Bradford Inn and Mary D'Bemish Bar. Anyone know what either of these places are like?

I've been to the Bradford Inn last time we were in the prem, there was street parking outside on a little side road if you are early enough. The pub is rough and wasn't at all packed seeing it's proximity to the ground and general lack of pubs. IIRC it had a long seat all the way around the edge with various tears and foam exposed.

Sounds perfect! :P

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 22 Dec 2012 21:08

BenReadingFC
Elazarus
BenReadingFC Try this 1 as well.

I've no idea what either are like but am gonna give Mary D Bemish Bar a try as that is the closer of the 2 to the away end.

The Mary D Bemish Bar turned out to be really good. It was similar to the Vine (West Brom) in that it was like a Tardis, looks tiny from the outside but is massive when you explore it. Beer was served really quickly due to them having a machine that pours 12 pints at a time (MAD STAD take note), also had a burger bar out the back. Its only about 250 yards away from the away end entrance. Will use it again. Note, none of us were wearing any colours.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 23 Dec 2012 14:18

Also to add the DJ in there was playing Manc hits and none of that xmas rubbish.

dragpeace

by dragpeace » 23 Dec 2012 22:30

We ended up in the cafe at the National Cycling Center (where we parked). Only 10 or so people were there, bitter was cheap, and there were comfortable seats. No atmosphere at all, but not a bad place to just sit and drink before the game. Also, a very easy exit out of the lot, after the game.

I thought the supporters were excellent. We out sang City by a mile.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 23 Dec 2012 23:15

dragpeace We ended up in the cafe at the National Cycling Center (where we parked).

Interestingly enough, as John Motson would say, that car park is where Manchester United's ground used to be before they moved to Old Trafford.

dragpeace

by dragpeace » 24 Dec 2012 17:25

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
dragpeace We ended up in the cafe at the National Cycling Center (where we parked).

Interestingly enough, as John Motson would say, that car park is where Manchester United's ground used to be before they moved to Old Trafford.

I had no idea! Very interesting.