Back fm Game

International Royal

Back fm Game

by International Royal » 22 Dec 2012 21:55

Great performance, lots of heart, passion, unity - lots of positives.

Feds - despite people saying we were battered etc. That wasn't really the case. City didn't really threaten that much, I expected the Alamo but it didn't turn out that way. Only one real save of note. Did some good work, distribution very good with limited targets to hit.

Gunter - stick with him. Better than Cummings.

Harte - did well. Good in the air, may have done better with the 'goal'.

Mapps - good game, improving. Should stay in. The centre backs had more cover.

Pearce - excellent. Read the game well. Helped by defending deep. Was commented on quite a bit by the City fans (sat with a friend). Must stay in the team. A threat from set pieces. MoTM.

Kebe - best shift I have seen from him. Really worked hard defensively.

Ledge - best game for ages - better with more bodies around him.

Tabb - worked extremely hard. Does the ugly things.

Kara - great game for 70 mins. Snapping, lifted others. Best presser of the ball. Again drew positive comments.

Mac - not as visible as Kebe today but again worked hard and put the team first.

Pog - worked hard. Slightly ungainly and seems to lack fitness / match sharpness. Would have liked to see Alf on for the last 20 as the game became more spread. Pog worked himself into the ground. The lone striker is too much for any one person, especially playing this deep.

Shorey - surprise sub. Should have drawn the foul, should have done better.

Guthrie - good cameo, althought he game was stretched by then. Worthy of a start.

The 'goal' - tough one. 50 / 50 really. Agree with others, it wouldn't have been given at the other end.

Winnershroyal

Re: Back fm Game

by Winnershroyal » 22 Dec 2012 22:04

Wasn't Harte off for "the goal".. We're you at the game?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 22 Dec 2012 22:06

Winnershroyal Wasn't Harte off for "the goal".. We're you at the game?

Presumably meaning if he was still on the pitch he may have done better for the goal than Shorey did.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 22 Dec 2012 22:06

i think he is suggesting he would have done better if he was still on the pitch.

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 22 Dec 2012 22:07

Ledge did have a not bad game today.He definatley deserves some praise this week.

Well done lad

Winnershroyal

by Winnershroyal » 22 Dec 2012 22:10

windermere_royal

i think he is suggesting he would have done better if he was still on the pitch.

I've had a few Perronis, sorry if I missed that inference.

Kebe is our Messi

by Kebe is our Messi » 22 Dec 2012 23:49

Kebe was MOTM in my opinion. Was quick, took players on and was a constant threat on the counter. Good defensive work too, Well done son.

Also brians interview with the BBC was very good today, none of this 'weve come along way' nonsense and 'we move on quickly' was another. He came out and said we need points and had some conviction about what he was talking about.

Lets get behind them now, 2 big home games and we can win both.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 23 Dec 2012 00:02

Managed to catch the game on Setanta and was mightily impressed with the organisation at the back.

There was a lot more spunk about the players (nofotcho) and McDermott was spitting feathers in the post match interview.

Not perfect by any long stretch of the imagination but a huge step forward from the dross of recent weeks defence wise.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 23 Dec 2012 00:04

Oh, and Kebe was my MOTM.

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 23 Dec 2012 00:26

Royal With Cheese Oh, and Kebe was my MOTM.

Agree if you was at the game you would have seen Gunter howling at Kebs where to go while he took care of Aguero that side of there game worked well, and the understanding was there because Kebs wanted to work today if kebs could do that every game the right side of defence would be fine in this formation.

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 23 Dec 2012 00:28

Kebe was a monster

Supporting Pog, playing right wing, covering Gunter and chipping in at CB.

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 23 Dec 2012 00:34

Royal91 Kebe was a monster

Supporting Pog, playing right wing, covering Gunter and chipping in at CB.

I would not go that far (monster)

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 23 Dec 2012 00:34

Big shout for Jem as well. Worked well with Ledge and Tabb and worked his socks off.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 23 Dec 2012 03:09

Well like a few times this season we had a performance which gives hope to us fans. The last time we had one of those was against Manchester United which we followed up upon with 2 abysmal performances in a row. We seem to play better against the top teams and can't seem to get that same effort against the others, unfortunately.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 23 Dec 2012 10:39

The Guardian report that I read suggesting that we did not deserve the draw and offered nothing at all going forward was very unfair imo. We actually got into some pretty decent positions in the second half and Pearce should have done better from a couple of set pieces.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 23 Dec 2012 10:58

My friends reckoned there was a massive penalty shout for a foul on Tabb - can anyone shed any light on this?

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 23 Dec 2012 11:04

urz13 My friends reckoned there was a massive penalty shout for a foul on Tabb - can anyone shed any light on this?

Some say it was a nudge- but it was a shoulder barge from Rekik that sent Tabb down like a ton of bricks. He was down for a while receiving treatment and TBH i think it was a heart in mouth moment for City as they meekly wandered off without any berating of Tabb. It could have gone our way and clearly it did not.

Forty

by Forty » 23 Dec 2012 11:10

Match of the Day suggested there was a clear handball just before Tabb was nailed.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Dec 2012 11:18

Almost every game there's a decision that goes for a bigger team. Normally things are meant to even out but in the prem I'm getting the feeling that either we are not dirty enough as we don't know what we can get away with, or there's at least some corruption going on?? It wouldn't be that surprising given the millions at steak, and it's been caught before.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 23 Dec 2012 12:18

27% possession