SPECULATION: Andrey Arshavin

464 posts
Born 'n Bred Royal

Re: SPECULATION: Andrey Arshavin

by Born 'n Bred Royal » 28 Dec 2012 14:13

Lacoste The above is probably the most piontless post of all time, did you really need to quote the bbc to tell us all what we already knew?

Well half this bloody forum thinks hes coming here....

jellytot

by jellytot » 28 Dec 2012 14:57

Lot's of different rumours going around about him and others coming here. We need him plus at
least two or three others to have any chance of having enough quality to WIN enough
Games to.stay up. At the moment we are heading for 25 points at best and a bottom finish.
We are woeful at pl level. This window will say everything about the clubs thinking.
Either we have given up on staying up or we are going to have a go.

If we do bugger all this window or sign a load of NO HOPERS (i expect it) it will be the same old
Reading! Replace SJM (bless him) with a tight younger version.

We are not doomed yet! I say go for it!! Rewards are huge.

Failure? So what! Get rid of the big earners plus parachutes will help.

Doing nothing is pathetic.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 28 Dec 2012 15:04

ScottRFC

by ScottRFC » 28 Dec 2012 15:13

His performances for the motherland shows he still has it. I would happily take him as he can produce something out of nothing which very few in our team can do which is vital in a relegation battle.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 28 Dec 2012 15:14

this thread is going in a circle, everyone is recycling the same information that we already know. it is basically the team board.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 28 Dec 2012 15:23

everyone keeps saying the same thing

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 28 Dec 2012 15:52

ZacNaloen Given some of what Aidy comes out with, I'm pretty sure there is no one in the club feeding him information. It's all man down the pub stuff.

Agreed. He's obviously got a lot of contacts but his hit rate of things coming to fruition doesn't seem that great to me.

There are lots of comments made about how much Pogrebnyak is on and how Hunt apparently kicked off about it, but I've never seen anything credible to make me think he's on any more than the others or that it's unsettled the others. I'm sure he got a nice signing on fee etc etc, and his total earnings might be more, but it feels like the rumour mill going into overdrive and feeding off a few stories in the national papers.

'lista
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by 'lista » 28 Dec 2012 17:13

pea everyone keeps saying the same thing

redscot

by redscot » 28 Dec 2012 17:23

'lista

I beg to differ. Nobody knows though, as my posts get deleted. (I will never reach 000s of posts...)

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 28 Dec 2012 17:47

Great signing or not, he wont be here if we go down, which we look odds on we will, so I'd rather we spent the money on top end Championship quality, or flagging PL quality who can give us the edge next season. Arshavin for a few months on silly wages and a the same end result is nothing but a waste.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 28 Dec 2012 17:56

SPARTA Great signing or not, he wont be here if we go down, which we look odds on we will, so I'd rather we spent the money on top end Championship quality, or flagging PL quality who can give us the edge next season. Arshavin for a few months on silly wages and a the same end result is nothing but a waste.

what if he saves us though? he would be worth every penny. its a pretty big risk, we really arent that far away from safety and looking at the form of the teams a few spaces above us we might be able to make it with a few smart signings.

'lista
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by 'lista » 28 Dec 2012 17:57

redscot
'lista

Corrected for you.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 28 Dec 2012 18:00

USA_Loyal_Royal
SPARTA Great signing or not, he wont be here if we go down, which we look odds on we will, so I'd rather we spent the money on top end Championship quality, or flagging PL quality who can give us the edge next season. Arshavin for a few months on silly wages and a the same end result is nothing but a waste.

what if he saves us though? he would be worth every penny. its a pretty big risk, we really arent that far away from safety and looking at the form of the teams a few spaces above us we might be able to make it with a few smart signings.

That would obviously be amazing and yes, worth every penny; but we look a long way off being good enough to stay up. If the gap was 2 or 3 points and we had won a few by now then maybe, but that second win looks some way off currently, though we are learning to shut the back door; just forgetting how to open the front door at the same time..

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 28 Dec 2012 18:02

SPARTA
USA_Loyal_Royal

That would obviously be amazing and yes, worth every penny; but we look a long way off being good enough to stay up. If the gap was 2 or 3 points and we had won a few by now then maybe, but that second win looks some way off currently, though we are learning to shut the back door; just forgetting how to open the front door at the same time..

true. however, i feel us having lost kebe, karacan, and guthrie for most of the season set us back a long way and lost us a lot of points we would have won with them in the starting 11. having them all back has given us a boost, if we can get a solid AM we might just make it if everyone stays healthy. i do agree somewhat that we dont have enough class as of right now.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 28 Dec 2012 18:19

this thread is going in a circle, everyone is recycling the same information that we already know. it is basically the team board.

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 28 Dec 2012 18:21

post of the day

'lista
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by 'lista » 28 Dec 2012 18:23

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 28 Dec 2012 18:25

2 world wars, 1 world cup this thread is going in a circle, everyone is recycling the same information that we already know. it is basically the team board.

:lol:

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 28 Dec 2012 18:59

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... radar.html

''Fulham are considering a swoop for Arsenal outcast Andrey Arshavin.
Zenit St Petersburg are leading the race to resign the Russia international, but Arshavin's preference to remain in London is hindering the deal.
Arshavin's wife Julia is expecting their third child, and they are keen to school their children in London.''

''Arshavin, who hasn't travelled with Arsenal on the club's pre-season tour of Asia, is deemed surplus to requirements at the Emirates Stadium, and could be sold for just £1million.
Fulham haven't made a firm offer for the 31-year-old, who has just one year remaining on his current deal and would have to take a cut on his £80,000-a-week wages.
Qatari side Al-Sadd are also hopeful of sealing the signature of Arshavin.
The ambitious Doha-based club are seeking a second big-name signing following the capture of Spanish legend Raul.''

Surely Anton and Pavel could have a word, a steal at 1m.

Divvy

by Divvy » 28 Dec 2012 19:01

urz13 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2179815/Andrey-Arshavin-Fulham-radar.html

''Fulham are considering a swoop for Arsenal outcast Andrey Arshavin.
Zenit St Petersburg are leading the race to resign the Russia international, but Arshavin's preference to remain in London is hindering the deal.
Arshavin's wife Julia is expecting their third child, and they are keen to school their children in London.''

''Arshavin, who hasn't travelled with Arsenal on the club's pre-season tour of Asia, is deemed surplus to requirements at the Emirates Stadium, and could be sold for just £1million.
Fulham haven't made a firm offer for the 31-year-old, who has just one year remaining on his current deal and would have to take a cut on his £80,000-a-week wages.
Qatari side Al-Sadd are also hopeful of sealing the signature of Arshavin.
The ambitious Doha-based club are seeking a second big-name signing following the capture of Spanish legend Raul.''

Surely Anton and Pavel could have a word, a steal at 1m.

Old quote surely?

464 posts