TSI - The Promises, Policies & Progress Thread

1288 posts
Rex
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Anton

by Rex » 28 Dec 2012 18:27

Thou Voice
royalexile As has been correctly discussed numerous times and i numerous ways - we were promoted ahead of time.

Oh dearie me, here we goes again...

"...we are a failure!"

"No WAIT!"

"...we were simply promoted ahead of time!!!"

I mean pleasse, get off the party bus and get real. No club says they don't want to be promoted.

What happens at the AGM, they strive failure and say we're not going to try to be successful ?

Surely if we didn't want to be promoted, we would have err, put out a formation that could not work against some of those stronger teams and lossst - but no, the Championship Team pushed and pushed and got it.

It's time that certain aspects of this board stopped making excuses for our failures of this season by saying we peaked too early...

Do You See? :shock:

If you actually read between the lines of my post instead of posting specific hand rubbing posts then you wouldn't be one dimensional.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 28 Dec 2012 18:29

The Royal "In-excess of... Not enough but sensible all the same, and ambitious for a newly promoted club and then we'll spend more this window; but hey, feel free to continue to be a muppet about it."
was southampton not a newly promoted club who spent 3 times what we did, hence why there are above us in the league. the premier league is a money business, you have to spend to stay in it, simple

Southampton have money left by their billionaire owner after his death that has no purpose than being spent on Southampton FC.

GreaterTorontoRoyal

by GreaterTorontoRoyal » 28 Dec 2012 18:29

The Royal did anyone else not notice how long it took for the FA to allow the takeover? for the simple fact that anton could not prove his finances, there is no doubting he is a wealthy man, who is cleaver ( TSI is registered in Gibraltar or somewhere like that to avoid the massive taxes in this country),. but there is just something in the back of my mind that makes me think he is not what he made us believe

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 28 Dec 2012 18:29

The Royal was southampton not a newly promoted club who spent 3 times what we did, hence why there are above us in the league. the prenier league is a money business, you have to spend to stay in it, simple

:lol: How far ahead, Columbo?

The Royal

by The Royal » 28 Dec 2012 18:29

ZacNaloen He's the son of a Russian billionaire who is spending his dads (and other investors) money on a football club, and never claimed to be anything else.

WRONG TSI is his own company, not his fathers and he always claimed any finances for reading are from him, not his "suga daddy"

The Royal

by The Royal » 28 Dec 2012 18:31

SPARTA
The Royal was southampton not a newly promoted club who spent 3 times what we did, hence why there are above us in the league. the prenier league is a money business, you have to spend to stay in it, simple

:lol: How far ahead, Columbo?

doesnt matter how far ahead. there are ahead, come the end of the season if we finished only 1 point from safety would you say "they was only 1 point ahead" bullshit, there above us, simple

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 28 Dec 2012 18:32

The Royal
ZacNaloen He's the son of a Russian billionaire who is spending his dads (and other investors) money on a football club, and never claimed to be anything else.

WRONG TSI is his own company, not his fathers and he always claimed any finances for reading are from him, not his "suga daddy"

You're either on the wind-up or completely ignorant of the discussions that took place about all of this some 8 months ago. Both AZ and his father has to pass the FAPP test, as well as Chris Samuelson and the other directors brought in. It took time so as to ensure proof of finance was there, and it was, and the takeover took place.

The Royal

by The Royal » 28 Dec 2012 18:35

WRONG again, his dads finances would not have been inspected, only the finances of TSI would have been looked at, as it is them whom buys the club. and if what your saying is right and he is using his dads money, where is it, his dad is worth over 5billion

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 28 Dec 2012 18:37

For goodness sake, this load of old tripe again.

We wouldn't have been promoted without TSI.

The Royal

by The Royal » 28 Dec 2012 18:37

jt incase you forgot, AZ was on the verge of buying Everton a few years back, and they never because his dad would not front the money, what makes you think it is any different now?

The Royal

by The Royal » 28 Dec 2012 18:38

LoyalRoyalFan For goodness sake, this load of old tripe again.

utter bollocks, the takeover was not done untill 6 weeks to the day that we gained promotion

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 28 Dec 2012 18:38

The Royal jt incase you forgot, AZ was on the verge of buying Everton a few years back, and they never because his dad would not front the money, what makes you think it is any different now?

:|

...... that AZ is now the owner of this football club.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 28 Dec 2012 18:39

The Royal

utter bollocks, the takeover was not done untill 6 weeks to the day that we gained promotion

Who funded the signing of Jason Roberts amongst other players then?

The Royal

by The Royal » 28 Dec 2012 18:41

LoyalRoyalFan
The Royal

Who funded the signing of Jason Roberts amongst other players then?

LOL thats the point i was trying to make to SPARTA

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 28 Dec 2012 18:42

The royal, your comments are a bit early.

I'll be the first to say Anton out when I smell a rat. Right now I'm a bit annoyed but he needs time. He's not going to bring us successes overnight. Oh in fact, he did by signing Roberts and look where that got us?? In the prem before we were ready.

I'll be more than hacked off if we don't sign well-ish in January but lets see what happens.

The Royal

by The Royal » 28 Dec 2012 18:45

2 world wars, 1 world cup The royal, your comments are a bit early.

I'll be the first to say Anton out when I smell a rat. Right now I'm a bit annoyed but he needs time. He's not going to bring us successes overnight. Oh in fact, he did by signing Roberts and look where that got us?? In the prem before we were ready.

I'll be more than hacked off if we don't sign well-ish in January but lets see what happens.

aq bit early maybe, the point im making is he is not living up to what he said, or then changes the time frame on things, stadium being perfect example, from survival to in the next 5 years

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 28 Dec 2012 18:54

I'm sceptical about the take over, but as someone has already said, it's early days to judge Anton. Another 2 years and maybe yeah, the time will come to ask whether he's doing the right thing or not. The only one's to blame for the position we're in at the moment is the management.

Madejski has stated he will not sell the club to just anyone, he wanted to sell it to someone who will take this further than he can. I trust Madejski's word.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 28 Dec 2012 18:58

He's spent £12.5m on the club (and has to pay another £12.5m in a few months. Roughly £7m on players, with probably another £5m-£7m this January. Plus any other money spent on training ground upgrades etc - another £2m-£3m.

That's a total of £42m in under a year.

Divvy

by Divvy » 28 Dec 2012 18:59

The Royal

Wow, you really are out of touch! It was TSI's money in January that brought in Roberts and Cwyka. We couldn't have afforded Roberts without them! He made the difference.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 28 Dec 2012 19:13

He guaranteed the money upon the take over being completed (would have been a loan in the end if the take over didn't happen), he ended up not needing to provide it.

The fact that the take over didn't complete until after we were promoted tells you exactly why it took so long.

Once due diligance was done within the club in april (after a delay of 3 weeks?, not abnormal) the FL looked at the take over. Presumably giving it's okay, and the club was all ready to announce it (hence Fridays Legacy getting us all excited one weekend in late april)

Then we got promoted or looked on the verge of getting promoted and the PL was all like "we want to look at this too", those checks in particular being more stringent than they'd ever been before but also and nobody really appeared in much of a rush. Anton did initially say his father wasn't involved, but that is simply because his dad is actually quite a private man. No one really knows anything about him, except that he owns the Ener group in the states and Ilim Pulp and appears to be a billionaire. It was later admitted that the Zingarevich family wealth is the main backer but there are other investors, (andrew obolensky for one, who is on the board) their reason for getting involved in football is to increase the family's presence in Europe to make future business dealings here easier. This can all be found with 5 minutes of googling.

90% of the time, when you actually look into the facts or think about it for a few seconds there's a reasonable explanation for pretty much everything.

1288 posts