Back from the miracle

288 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Back from the miracle

by Ian Royal » 13 Jan 2013 21:47

If you still hate Futcher
Norfolk Royal
rhroyal Unofficial assist to Alf for Kebe's goal; drawing the defender and dummying it. Great, intelligent play.

I've looked at that a few times and still not sure whether he was dummying it or trying to get a deflection with his back leg onto it.

Yep - looked to me like he was trying to do a Wellbeck

One angle (looking towards the goal) and it looks like he's tried to back heel it in, reverse angle looks like he's leaving it. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt personally.

by If you still hate Futcher » 13 Jan 2013 21:56

DandyRoyal
rhroyal Unofficial assist to Alf for Kebe's goal; drawing the defender and dummying it. Great, intelligent play.

Norfolk Royal I've looked at that a few times and still not sure whether he was dummying it or trying to get a deflection with his back leg onto it.

If you still hate Futcher Yep - looked to me like he was trying to do a Wellbeck

I've watched it over and have a third theory! Alf was in the beginnings of attempting an outrageous flick and then realised that, despite his brilliance, the likelihood of the ball flying past Foster was low. So he ignored the potential golazo and re-adjusted, and as the Alf family jewels were rippled by the turbulence, the ball bounced to the back post and Kebe dived in behind that big helmet Ridgewell all sneaky sneaky. Great goal!

Another possibility is simply that Jimmy used his psychic powers to control Alf and ensure that he made no contact, therefore allowing himself to have an open goal to calmly nod the ball into.

Could also explain why Alf is so calm with penalties as he's really Kebe's avatar

by If you still hate Futcher » 13 Jan 2013 21:57

Ian Royal One angle (looking towards the goal) and it looks like he's tried to back heel it in, reverse angle looks like he's leaving it. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt personally.

Which way though

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Jan 2013 21:59

Ian Royal One angle (looking towards the goal) and it looks like he's tried to back heel it in, reverse angle looks like he's leaving it. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt personally.

Which way though

That he was leaving it deliberately.

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 13 Jan 2013 22:01

MmmMonsterMunch Kebe's face when he wins the penalty. Brilliant acting. :lol:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 13 Jan 2013 22:05

Ian Royal
Royalee
Ian Royal Guthrie - 5 loose telegraphed passing, weak shots, generally just poor

Just noticed that Guthrie was named MOTM by the sponsors yesterday...you're about as spot on as usual Ian. :lol:

Royalee Federici: 6
Harte: 6
Pearce: 8
Mariappa: 6
Gunter: 4
McAnuff: 4
Carrico: 5 but clearly not fit, he'll be fine
Karacan: 6
Guthrie: 6
Kebe: 6
Pog: 7

McCleary: 6
ALF: 7

Yeah, you've come out of that one sooooooo much better haven't you. :lol:

Gave him a 6 - average game for him really, gave him the same mark as one of the goalscorers and didn't think he was anywhere near as bad as Gunter and McAnuff, let alone worse.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 13 Jan 2013 22:32

BenReadingFC

That is brilliant. Thanks for posting that. Cracks me up. :lol: :lol:

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 13 Jan 2013 22:34

Anyone know if this guy is a nobber.

Maquisard

by Maquisard » 13 Jan 2013 22:38

bcubed

Anyone know if this guy is a nobber.

my on-going disasters with relationships and general life as a singleton;

TSW obviously

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 13 Jan 2013 22:47

BenReadingFC

Bent over, already grimacing, basically what photoshop was invented for

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 13 Jan 2013 22:48

Ian Royal Yes, serious. First half he gave the ball away too easily far too often. Second half he was better, but all I really saw him do was hit tame shots from outside the box. I expect better of him.

The MOTM for Reading by far. Found space and made himself available, demanded the ball, turned cleverly several times in order to change the angles and allow players to make runs and played about 4 fantastic through balls. Excellent.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Jan 2013 23:06

The Rouge
Ian Royal Yes, serious. First half he gave the ball away too easily far too often. Second half he was better, but all I really saw him do was hit tame shots from outside the box. I expect better of him.

The MOTM for Reading by far. Found space and made himself available, demanded the ball, turned cleverly several times in order to change the angles and allow players to make runs and played about 4 fantastic through balls. Excellent.

You're rather late to this one and adding nothing Rouge.

by If you still hate Futcher » 13 Jan 2013 23:14

One thing I did like from Saturday was the way we switched the point of attack quicker, which gave the wide players more space to take the ball down before being closed down.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 13 Jan 2013 23:15

Ian Royal
The Rouge

You're rather late to this one and adding nothing Rouge.

Adding my opinion, and adding gravitas to the argument that it is bewildering you somehow came up with the opposite view.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 13 Jan 2013 23:20

Ian Royal in being clueless shocker

milyondollasmile

by milyondollasmile » 13 Jan 2013 23:35

Wow shite, shite, clueless for 80 mins. Awesome for the last 10+
As for everyone sucking off Guthrie he was distinctly average! He was best of a very bad bunch, for him I hope this is a platform for him to start a good run of form. I'm happy we won but if we start games like that we're going down for sure.

Kebe is our Messi

by Kebe is our Messi » 13 Jan 2013 23:43

I cant believe my eyes reading some of this, how on earth can people say guthrie had a poor game? He was class, constantly dictating our midfield, always made himself available. Did people not see how many times he'd just take a step back to receive the ball and then ping a great ball into kebe's path? MOTM in my opinion, closely followed by pog.

Amazing how many opinions people have isnt it.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 13 Jan 2013 23:48

Kebe is our Messi I cant believe my eyes reading some of this, how on earth can people say guthrie had a poor game? He was class, constantly dictating our midfield, always made himself available. Did people not see how many times he'd just take a step back to receive the ball and then ping a great ball into kebe's path? MOTM in my opinion, closely followed by pog.

Amazing how many opinions people have isnt it.

I would agree with Pog second as well. Kebe maybe next and McLeary made a real impact through being available as an outlet a lot of the time (plus some good play). Our general movement was much better once Le Fondre was on as well. Mariappa good. Feds great apart from error for 2nd goal.

by If you still hate Futcher » 14 Jan 2013 00:03

The Rouge Mariappa and Feds both great apart from error for 2nd goal.

Corrected IMHO as they were both equally to blame. Regarding Marriappa, did anyone else notice him and Lukaku having a big hug in the centre circle after the final whistle - if Maps had got that close to him before he came back inside he'd never have got the shot off. Joking aside it looked like there was a lot of mutual respect being shown.

I would agree Guthrie was the best of a bad bunch for the 1st half but he came into his own when moved back into his more preferred deeper lying role for the 2nd half. I would prefer it if he could keep the ball on the ground when doing a simple ball from the centre to the wing - there were a few times where the ball bouncing into the receiver meant they had to take an extra touch to control it causing them to lose momentum or get tackled. Of course you could argue that a professional should be able to get a ball under control but they should also be able to take more care with their pass to make the receiver's job easier.

McAnuff was more involved when through the centre too, although that's to be expected in that role really.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 14 Jan 2013 00:12

BenReadingFC http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/hbEZhodWyXk&hd=1
Rex's work. change quality to HD

:lol:

288 posts