Release the Kébé

BrockManson

Re: Release the Kébé

by BrockManson » 20 Jan 2013 14:02

SCIAG Have you been watching QPR by mistake?

I don't think our full backs could ask for more protection than they get from Kebe. McCleary and HRK, on the other hand, are very lax with their defensive duties.

Compare Man United at home with West Ham at home. In one, HRK allowed Evra and co. to run at Cummings again and again, and they scored three goals as a result. In the other, Kebe battled away with the likes of Noble and was crucial in ensuring we held on to our lead.

He's also not selfish. Admittedly first time we got relegated he would sometimes take a shot rather than square it for Doyle or a Hunt, but these days he's our main creative threat, he'll often make a run to create space for the full back or offload to another player.

Basically, you're wrong.

What a wonderful argument. Forget all those points I brought up about Kebe, they're all wrong because you're comparing the attacking play of West Ham and Manchester United. :roll:

Kebe doesn't defend the flank well enough and we leak goals there, especially when Cummings (who has no positional sense) players behind him. Neither of them have any idea where the other team's winger/fullback is and that's why teams like Man U can exploit that. You're seriously saying that Kebe on the wing against Man U would've made us more defensive?

Whilst on song, Kebe is one of the most threatening players at the club going forward; he is not and never will be a defensively-minded winger. That's why Brian's signed a new right back with premiership experience so he can play Kebe further up the pitch and allow him to move more centrally like he did against NUFC. Hence him seemingly popping up all over the place.

Oh and have I been watching QPR? No I haven't. What possible relevance does that bear to a discussion about Kebe? Is he a QPR player? :lol:

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 20 Jan 2013 14:38

Some football fans really lack intelligence and have no idea about the game.
Kebe was a luxury player, but under McD he definitely does his bit defensively too, which takes away some of his threat (as he'll be too knackered to be at full speed).
The last few games has seen him tackle back and make clearances as much as any winger would. I remember a great tackle against wet spam in the latter stages, could have easily conceded a penalty.
McAnuff covers more ground yes, which is he's too fecked to get up the pitch as much as he/we'd like.
This new formation of 4-2-3-1 allows the attacking midfield 3 (McCleary, McAnuff and Kebe) to get forward well, and we got good numbers forward yesterday.
Basically, Kebe is class and we should count ourselves lucky to have him in our squad

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 20 Jan 2013 14:41

urz13

Anyone reckon he could be in with a shout for England sooner or later?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In short...No.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Jan 2013 14:42

Kebe and McAnuff are the best wingers I've ever seen play for us in terms of their defensive work these days.

Selfish. :lol:

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 20 Jan 2013 15:32

BrockManson
pea No he hasn't

He was injured, barely played, then told Anton to spend some oxf*rd money and then turned our season around with great defensive performances and now great attacking ones too

He's always had this inexcusably selfish attitude. At the end of the day he doesn't play for the team, he plays for himself. If he doesn't feel like getting involved, he hides. Alternatively he decides he's Messi and thinks he can dribble through an entire team and score goal of the season.

Sorry like but I don't want to see players actively running away from the ball rather than receive it. He's a winger - he shouldn't shirk inside and leave the full back completely exposed which is something he's been doing all season. The fact that Gunter is very green at this level and Cummings rarely risks a nose bleed that far into the opposition half means we lose momentum and/or possession.

What absolutely frustrates me the most is how he does bugger all until he pops up and scores, thereby glossing over how selfish he's played. You could argue that it doesn't matter, so long as he scores then he's making a contribution. I just see it as a player who has real pace not pulling his weight and being a threat for the full game.

Give McCleary an extended run in the side in place of Kebe and McAnuff and we'll create far more chances than what we do at current, which quite frankly is nowhere near enough for when we play better sides than West Ham, WBA and Newcastle.

Kebe has been excellent at helping out his full back this season going as far back as the Swansea away game!

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 20 Jan 2013 15:54

BrockManson is a massive troll. Don't feed him.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 20 Jan 2013 16:16

I hope he's a troll, otherwise he a complete idiot.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 20 Jan 2013 16:21

I can't imagine why we would want to release one of our best players? Surely we could get a fee for him?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 20 Jan 2013 16:31

He's not an idiot. He makes sense but is several months out of date. Kebe may be naturally attack minded but Brian told him to defend and he did. Now we have a decent right back he still defends but doesn't need to as much. So what?

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 20 Jan 2013 17:01

BrockManson Played very well against Newcastle.

Has been utter, utter gash for much of the season though. I still think we'd be best off getting rid, too selfish.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 20 Jan 2013 17:02

2 world wars, 1 world cup He's not an idiot. He makes sense but is several months out of date. Kebe may be naturally attack minded but Brian told him to defend and he did. Now we have a decent right back he still defends but doesn't need to as much. So what?

years out of date

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 21 Jan 2013 12:14

Has been utter, utter gash for much of the season though. I still think we'd be best off getting rid, too selfish.

:| :lol: :| :lol: :| :lol: :| :lol:

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 21 Jan 2013 12:15

BrockManson
pea No he hasn't

He was injured, barely played, then told Anton to spend some oxf*rd money and then turned our season around with great defensive performances and now great attacking ones too

He's always had this inexcusably selfish attitude. At the end of the day he doesn't play for the team, he plays for himself. If he doesn't feel like getting involved, he hides. Alternatively he decides he's Messi and thinks he can dribble through an entire team and score goal of the season.

Sorry like but I don't want to see players actively running away from the ball rather than receive it. He's a winger - he shouldn't shirk inside and leave the full back completely exposed which is something he's been doing all season. The fact that Gunter is very green at this level and Cummings rarely risks a nose bleed that far into the opposition half means we lose momentum and/or possession.

What absolutely frustrates me the most is how he does bugger all until he pops up and scores, thereby glossing over how selfish he's played. You could argue that it doesn't matter, so long as he scores then he's making a contribution. I just see it as a player who has real pace not pulling his weight and being a threat for the full game.

Give McCleary an extended run in the side in place of Kebe and McAnuff and we'll create far more chances than what we do at current, which quite frankly is nowhere near enough for when we play better sides than West Ham, WBA and Newcastle.

100% unadulter8ed nonsense

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 21 Jan 2013 12:17

2 world wars, 1 world cup He's not an idiot. He makes sense but is several months out of date. Kebe may be naturally attack minded but Brian told him to defend and he did. Now we have a decent right back he still defends but doesn't need to as much. So what?

more than a year out of date imo
was defending really well in the championship last season too

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Hugo Boss » 21 Jan 2013 12:37

Bring back John Oster I say.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 21 Jan 2013 12:37

shutyaface

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 21 Jan 2013 15:42

Kebe is a frustrating player, IMHO, he is either good or not at the races, his main tool is his speed. Personally I would get shot, then I would get shot of Jobi as well, as I dont think we can afford two out and out wide players at this level, McCleary seems a more intelligent player from what I have seen of him on the telly. Bit more versatile as well.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 21 Jan 2013 15:48

like mcleary, but got nothing on jimmy kebe imo.

especially in the hard work and defending stakes

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 21 Jan 2013 15:49

Harpers So Solid Crew Kebe is a frustrating player, IMHO, he is either good or not at the races, his main tool is his speed. Personally I would get shot, then I would get shot of Jobi as well, as I dont think we can afford two out and out wide players at this level, McCleary seems a more intelligent player from what I have seen of him on the telly. Bit more versatile as well.

wow this is even worse than the other post because you are being serious.... :|

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 21 Jan 2013 16:50