Back from the Game/pub/computer: Newcastle

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back from the Game/pub/computer: Newcastle

by MmmMonsterMunch » 21 Jan 2013 18:33

melonhead doubt youll get many better views of the entire pitch tbf

and the roar of noise generated by the toon fans when they could be arsed, or when they werent abusing their manager was acoustically impressive

I just don't like the birdseye view at all - never have.

Don't agree about the acoustics thought it sounded pretty crap TBH!

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 21 Jan 2013 18:38

on the one or two occasions where they won a couple of corners in succession, or had a bit of pressure first half i thought it sounded decent

and cant think of a better possible view of the pitch

ill allow you your opinion though, i guess

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 21 Jan 2013 18:40

melonhead on the one or two occasions where they won a couple of corners in succession, or had a bit of pressure first half i thought it sounded decent

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 21 Jan 2013 19:15

Great video Ben, the Ooooh Adam Le Fondre chant was great to hear on the stream. Bit of luck he dropped his first name as 'Oooooh Glenville' just wouldn't have had the same ring. :lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Jan 2013 19:35

melonhead

from the photos (and experience elsewhere) unless you've got really good eyesight, I'd say far closer is better. I struggle to read numbers and tell players with similar build, colour and hair apart just from Y26 EE. I'd have to totally guess from area of the pitch from up there.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 22 Jan 2013 10:24

anyone who cant recognise our own players by just the way they run/build/hair/position on the pitch isnt a real fan imo

shirt names and numbers are for commentators

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 22 Jan 2013 11:12

melonhead anyone who cant recognise our own players by just the way they run/build/hair/position on the pitch isnt a real fan imo

To be fair, I don't know if I can recognise them all. I used to be able to when I had a season ticket. Now I go to about 8 games a season, mainly away and lose track of them.

Although I am a plastic. If Reading go down, I'll start supporting Chelsea.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Jan 2013 11:43

melonhead anyone who cant recognise our own players by just the way they run/build/hair/position on the pitch isnt a real fan imo

You're a right fooking cockend these days.

glenroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by glenroyal » 22 Jan 2013 11:53

melonhead and cant think of a better possible view of the pitch
anyone who cant recognise our own players by just the way they run/build/hair/position on the pitch isn't a real fan imo

True, but I don't go to a game to watch the pitch - to watch the grass grow - I go to watch the game - the players playing - player against player, not some impersonal overview. Sure you can tell who's who - even if you don't see that many games in the flesh - you get to know them all, but you can't see their intentions, face and body language from the gods, can't hear their banter, can't feel the squelch of boot against flesh, etc - it's a contact sport - man(o) a man(o).

Anyway - Unavoidable in a large stadium that a proportion of the crowd is miles away, up in the gods, but not unavoidable that grounds make ALL of their away allocation in those areas. The point is we could choose according to our taste.

At least at St James, we were more central and actually had a view, unlike at the Stadium of Shite - that was taking the piss.

(PS - also, no information board or screen visible from our position at St James just one digital clock.)
Last edited by glenroyal on 22 Jan 2013 11:55, edited 1 time in total.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 22 Jan 2013 11:54

Ian Royal

You're a right fooking cockend these days.

and you have always been one.

just joking tbf, but if you want to get all arsy and insulting thats fine

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 22 Jan 2013 11:55

glenroyal
anyone who cant recognise our own players by just the way they run/build/hair/position on the pitch isn't a real fan imo

True, but I don't go to a game to watch the pitch - to watch the grass grow - I go to watch the game - the players playing - player against player, not some impersonal overview. Sure you can tell who's who - even if you don't see that many games in the flesh - you get to know them all, but you can't see their intentions, face and body language from the gods, can't hear their banter, can't feel the squelch of boot against flesh, etc - it's a contact sport - man(o) a man(o).

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i like

glenroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by glenroyal » 22 Jan 2013 12:02

melonhead
glenroyal

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i like

PPS - Also - it's an artificial view - not one the players and coach see. You see all sorts of missed opportunities for runs and passes (in fact you spend half your time pointing them out in vain) that are just not part of the actual game.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 22 Jan 2013 13:04

Just back from the game.

How good was Leigertwood? Broke up play, played some intelligent passes. I have to say that this season the much-maligned Leigertwood has been considerably > Karacan, whose distance-covered-to-touches-of-ball stats would be interesting to see!

old woman

by old woman » 22 Jan 2013 18:55

glenroyal

Anyway - Unavoidable in a large stadium that a proportion of the crowd is miles away, up in the gods, but not unavoidable that grounds make ALL of their away allocation in those areas. The point is we could choose according to our taste.

At least at St James, we were more central and actually had a view, unlike at the Stadium of Shite - that was taking the piss.

(PS - also, no information board or screen visible from our position at St James just one digital clock.)

There is no screen at St James' and the clocks haven't been there that long !!!!

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 22 Jan 2013 19:54

floyd__streete Just back from the game.

How good was Leigertwood? Broke up play, played some intelligent passes. I have to say that this season the much-maligned Leigertwood has been considerably > Karacan, whose distance-covered-to-touches-of-ball stats would be interesting to see!

Don't be ridiculous floyd, Karacan is the Messiah, whereas Leigertwood is a useless lump. It doesn't matter which one plays better.