Relegation the Reading Way

542 posts
melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Relegation the Reading Way

by melonhead » 24 Jan 2013 16:14

if you take it back over the last ten years weve spent minus ammounts!! :o :o :o

ho about doing it from since the new owners arrived, that seems more relevant

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Are we falling into the same trap?

by maffff » 24 Jan 2013 16:34

Sir Dodger Royal Real Facts:
RFC Net Transfer Fees Season 2011/12 Plus £8.1million (more out than in)
RFC Net Transfer Fees Season 2012/13 - £7.5million (more in than out includes Stephen Kelly)
Equals - To date RFC have spent no new money on players over TWO SEASONS.

Quote McDonet "RFC will not be doing £5mill deals" or "you have 2 find another way"
"We haven't broken the bank. Certainly haven't in the last 3 years & we probly haven't in last 12 years."

Just a reminder McDonet you have spent NOTHING in the past two seasons plus their is £70 million at stake next season in TV money.
Plus £40 million this season. Where's the money going? Certainly not on transfer fees.

RFC have spent NOTHING in net transfer fees in TWO seasons. They deserve what they get and unless they pull their finger out in the next 10 days and buy some quality they will be relegated.

Real Facts. Ambition? It's laughable. Get a lifeeeeeeeee

*there. Get a dictionaarrryyyyyyyy.

Magic Hat

by Magic Hat » 24 Jan 2013 16:43

RoyalBlue
westongeezer I think we play some pretty exciting football, im happy with the current squad and it goes to show no matter who you buy in at millions that aint going to help you (QPR)..

So added to Portsmouth we now have QPR as conclusive proof that the 'Reading way' is the only true way and any different approach will inevitably lead to tears!

Well I would like to test that theory by throwing in Southampton. They have spent a reasonable amount in PL terms (i.e. proving there is a middle way between the Reading and QPR extremes) and, despite the lunatic dismissal of Adkins, look as though they will ensure their PL survival for another season.

Would that be the same Southampton that went into administration 4 years ago and spent between 20 to 30 million last summer?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 24 Jan 2013 16:46

and whos dead benefactor left them shed loads of money to just spunk where they like

reading_fan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by reading_fan » 24 Jan 2013 16:48

Sir Dodger Royal Real Facts:
RFC Net Transfer Fees Season 2011/12 Plus £8.1million (more out than in)
RFC Net Transfer Fees Season 2012/13 - £7.5million (more in than out includes Stephen Kelly)
Equals - To date RFC have spent no new money on players over TWO SEASONS.

Quote McDonet "RFC will not be doing £5mill deals" or "you have 2 find another way"
"We haven't broken the bank. Certainly haven't in the last 3 years & we probly haven't in last 12 years."

Just a reminder McDonet you have spent NOTHING in the past two seasons plus their is £70 million at stake next season in TV money.
Plus £40 million this season. Where's the money going? Certainly not on transfer fees.

RFC have spent NOTHING in net transfer fees in TWO seasons. They deserve what they get and unless they pull their finger out in the next 10 days and buy some quality they will be relegated.

Real Facts. Ambition? It's laughable. Get a lifeeeeeeeee

It's all about net spenddddddddddddddddddddd. Just like Liverpoooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll under the Spanish waiterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Jan 2013 18:59

Can we have a breakdown of that £8.1m please.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 24 Jan 2013 19:04

Anyone decent on a free cause we could do with a decent freebie to strengthen the squad

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 24 Jan 2013 19:35

melonhead and whos dead benefactor left them shed loads of money to just spunk where they like

Careful now,perhaps you shouldn't be questioning where the money has come from to financially support a football club.

SapperBRoyal

by SapperBRoyal » 24 Jan 2013 19:41

SJM claimed AZ would bring progress as his pockets would be deeper. They are not. There is no (real) money to spend, it is obvious. Quote BMcD this week: "Don't get me wrong, if I get given a load of money to spend, then I'll spend it". Instead, we will continue to pin our hopes on the occasional long-shot that comes good, or on 'has-beens' and 'never wills' in an attempt to deliver any margin back into the pockets of the owners. We all know that you don't get value in the EPL, but also that you cannot sustain a Premiership side on a Championship budget.

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 24 Jan 2013 19:56

SapperBRoyal SJM claimed AZ would bring progress as his pockets would be deeper. They are not. There is no (real) money to spend, it is obvious. Quote BMcD this week: "Don't get me wrong, if I get given a load of money to spend, then I'll spend it". Instead, we will continue to pin our hopes on the occasional long-shot that comes good, or on 'has-beens' and 'never wills' in an attempt to deliver any margin back into the pockets of the owners. We all know that you don't get value in the EPL, but also that you cannot sustain a Premiership side on a Championship budget.

Miserable sod

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 24 Jan 2013 19:57

CHRIST ON A FCUKING BIKE THESE THREADS ARE TEDIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JM NEVER SAID AZ WAS GOING TO PUMP SHITELOADS OF CASH IN. FEEL FREE TO FIND THE QUOTE THAT SAYS IT - YOU WON'T.

WE HAVE MADE PROGRESS AS WE ARE NOT HAVING THE ANNUAL EVERYTHING MUST GO SUMMER SALE.

WE ARE ALSO IN THE MIX TO STAY UP AFTER THE USUAL SLOW START - SOMETHING WE'D HAVE ALL RIPPED YOUR ARM OFF FOR A YEAR AGO WHEN WE WERE PROBABLY 12TH IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

IF WE DON'T STAY UP THEN IT WON'T BE FOR LACK OF TRYING.

BE THANKFUL YOU SUPPORT A CLUB THAT IS TRYING TO DO THINGS THE RIGHT WAY.

:twisted:

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 24 Jan 2013 21:10

/caps lock

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 24 Jan 2013 21:12

maffff /caps lock

Think hes angry

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 25 Jan 2013 00:13

SapperBRoyal SJM claimed AZ would bring progress as his pockets would be deeper. They are not. There is no (real) money to spend, it is obvious. Quote BMcD this week: "Don't get me wrong, if I get given a load of money to spend, then I'll spend it". Instead, we will continue to pin our hopes on the occasional long-shot that comes good, or on 'has-beens' and 'never wills' in an attempt to deliver any margin back into the pockets of the owners. We all know that you don't get value in the EPL, but also that you cannot sustain a Premiership side on a Championship budget.

Are you seriously suggesting we could sustain our current expenditure on a Championship budget :|

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 25 Jan 2013 10:40

Victor Meldrew
melonhead and whos dead benefactor left them shed loads of money to just spunk where they like

Careful now,perhaps you shouldn't be questioning where the money has come from to financially support a football club.

but i havent asked that. ive told you.
think its relevant as it represents a massive departure from the kind of model we are operating under.
a businessman who backs the club usually has an attachment to his own money, wont want to throw it away, and would like some sort of return on it some day.
a donation from a dead man has no such constraints or strings, and can be used simply to finance the club in anyway they want.
therefore readingVsSaints spending is not a very sensible comparison. imo

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 25 Jan 2013 10:42

last time we came up john madejski spent 1.5 million quid. on one player.& that was when he actually had some money to spend on us at all.
AZ has already spent more in the three windowssince hes been here than RFC have EVER spent in 3 windows before.

just what is it about the word deeper that you dont understand

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Jan 2013 12:11

And we've almost certainly got a higher wage ceiling and are probably paying more in wages than ever.

Plus they've said they'll invest in infrastructure.

Wah wah wah, we're not smashing our transfer record with every signing. Wah wah wah, I'm like a 3 month old baby and all that exists is the thing right in front of my face which I don't understand properly. Wah wah wah.

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 25 Jan 2013 12:52

Ian Royal Wah wah wah, I'm like a 3 month old baby and all that exists is the thing right in front of my face which I don't understand properly. Wah wah wah.

Don't be so hard on yourself, Ian.

Sir Dodger Royal
Location: Cyberspace - pulling the strings. You know it makes sense.

by Sir Dodger Royal » 25 Jan 2013 14:19

Emmm. Talk about braindead:

"AZ has already spent more in the three windows since he's been here than RFC have EVER spent in 3 windows before"

Let me repeat myself for the THIRD time RFC have spent NOTHING IN REAL TERMS across Season 2011/12 & 2012/13. Net Spend = Transfer Money In - Transfer Money Out = Small Profit. RFC Facttttttt

Looks like ome RTGs are not only blind but dumb!

Real Facts from the Main Mannnnnnnnnn

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 25 Jan 2013 14:59

What has been transfer money in during the AZ era? We haven't sold anyone for real money since Shane Long?

542 posts