Dave Kitson - Forever a Reading legend!

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Dave Kitson - Forever a Reading legend!

by Royal Biscuitman » 26 Jan 2013 21:21

Super Kevin Bremner! I even think he had a dig at those who got caught drink driving in their flash footballer cars - and I think there were just a few massive LOL's when he got caught doing the same.
100% his own actions and he was rightly caught, However I heard Leroy Lita was driving but went off chasing some skirt leaving Dave with the car.... they fell out over that.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 26 Jan 2013 21:24

Gordons Cumming Gobby ginger twat. :wink:

He wore the number 9 didn't he? Maybe at 9 minutes we could........................

Throw him a few more doughnuts?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 26 Jan 2013 21:31

AthleticoSpizz
Gunny Fishcake
Royalee HERO. Welcome back Dave, a true Reading legend and a down to earth footballer which is rare these days.

I agree he's a great ex Reading player , but a " true legend " ?

What does that make Robin Friday , Martin Hicks , Trevor Senior et al ?
True Reading Legends

Kitson was a major contributor to the 106 team - plus kept us going in the seasons before that. That should rank him alongside those guys.

redscot

by redscot » 26 Jan 2013 21:31

Kitson a legend? People must be on drugs here. The way he left for Stoke was a disgrace. He new he was "saved" and could not care less if Reading went up or down.

Apart from that he was a normal bloke whom sadly got greedy during the last 2-3 months.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 26 Jan 2013 21:36

£5.5million disgrace?

Still watches Reading with his boy
Scored hatfuls
Full bloodied commitment onfield
Scored our first ever top flight goal
Massive part of our best-ever team

Legend

Yes, I am on drugs...but they are all legal

redscot

by redscot » 26 Jan 2013 22:07

He was on loan back to us, so the £5.5 was not quite £5.5 in the end. He was a good guy before he got greedy. I think Sidwell is more of an legend.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 26 Jan 2013 22:16

redscot Kitson a legend? People must be on drugs here. The way he left for Stoke was a disgrace. He new he was "saved" and could not care less if Reading went up or down.

Apart from that he was a normal bloke whom sadly got greedy during the last 2-3 months.

He didn't really want to go and regretted it. Has said so many times.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 26 Jan 2013 22:46

Thought he did quite well today, was half hoping he would nick a consolation at the end, before saluting both sets of fans as we also cheer his goal.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 26 Jan 2013 23:20

Love Kitson, but he certainly seems to have embraced the whole greasy chip butty vibe.......

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 26 Jan 2013 23:28

redscot He was on loan back to us, so the £5.5 was not quite £5.5 in the end. He was a good guy before he got greedy. I think Sidwell is more of an legend.

So Kitson tarnished his reputation by moving to Stoke instead of playing for us in the Championship, buy Sidwell is a legend despite leaving a full year before that. That makes sense then.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Jan 2013 02:44

redscot Kitson a legend? People must be on drugs here. The way he left for Stoke was a disgrace. He new he was "saved" and could not care less if Reading went up or down.

Sorry, how was going to Premier League Stoke for big money after we'd got relegated a disgrace? A bad call in the end, but a disgrace? You wanna stop smoking whatever it is you're putting in your rollies.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 27 Jan 2013 09:24

+1

I thought the £5.5m was a great deal for RFC. Thanks Stoke

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 27 Jan 2013 09:24

Ouroboros
redscot He was on loan back to us, so the £5.5 was not quite £5.5 in the end. He was a good guy before he got greedy. I think Sidwell is more of an legend.

So Kitson tarnished his reputation by moving to Stoke instead of playing for us in the Championship, buy Sidwell is a legend despite leaving a full year before that. That makes sense then.

But the entire 106 squad are legends, just some more so than others......

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 27 Jan 2013 09:58

Tommy Youlden's Ears
Super Kevin Bremner! I oxf*rd loved Kitson as a player. He was so hungry to win it was unreal. Loved seeing him sprint 40-50 yards back to make big tackles on the half way line. One of my favourite strikers we had at the club too.

Normal bloke though? *Jim Royle mode on* Normal bloke my arse!

He wore the fact that he used to be a shelf stacker at Sainsburys like a badge of honour round his neck. He thought he was the only professional footballer who understood what it was like to live in the real world, and used to bitch about his fellow pro's (maybe not Reading fellow pro's but then again I'm sure he HATED Lita) all the time. I even think he had a dig at those who got caught drink driving in their flash footballer cars - and I think there were just a few massive LOL's when he got caught doing the same.

Then he used to come out and publically whinge about the two hours of training his £20K a week necessitated him to do. Coppell, who IS a true Reading legend used to whince every time Kitson had his say in the papers, and came out and said that he needed to concentrate on his football.

Remember 'Ginger Day'? Sidwell thought this was hilarious, whereas Kitson got the right hump and went off on one about all the stick he'd got in his life for being ginger. I'm sure Sidders wasn't immune to that same stick.....

Awesome player, too full of hypocrisy to be an awesome pro though. He hated the lifestyle so much but he got paid too well for him to really care about his own principles! Massive sell-out, and whinges like a baby, but yes, one of my favourite ever RFC players.

I'd rather have all that than the Shearer/Owen type bland PR cut out. Kits said some stupid things, but then most say nothing at all.

Yes he should have trained better - he'd have had fewer injuries and stayed at the top for longer. But I loved him as a player, and enjoy him as a flawed but interesting bloke. Will get a big welcome from me today.

I'm sure I read an interview with Kitson soon after he joined us where he said that an ex-manager at Cambridge United (John Ward, IIRC) had trained him into the ground and made him get on mad weights which had done him more harm than good; hence he was vulnerable to more injuries than most.

People talk about the 05/06 season but the 2 seasons before that he was magnificent too and our top scorer in each season, I'm sure. He was one of the best penalty takers I've seen for RFC - am sure I saw him take them with both feet and fly into the net with the same panache regardless of which side.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 27 Jan 2013 17:14

I've just read a large extract from the secret footballer. I hadn't bothered before. Some of it checks out and you can imagine him saying it but a lot of it doesn't sound like Kitson at all. Could it be a composite character?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... ier-league

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 27 Jan 2013 17:40

Scutterbucketz I've just read a large extract from the secret footballer. I hadn't bothered before. Some of it checks out and you can imagine him saying it but a lot of it doesn't sound like Kitson at all. Could it be a composite character?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... ier-league

:roll:

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 27 Jan 2013 18:35

Fill me in rather than roll your eyes, cocknose!

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 27 Jan 2013 18:50

Avon Royal Love Kitson, but he certainly seems to have embraced the whole greasy chip butty vibe.......

.....quite obvious he has also been sampling some of Darren Caskey's cuisine too!

Still, I agree, if not quite a legend, a top bloke and great devotee of our Club. Good to hear he shared some banter with Shorey on the pitch, despite their well publicised and acrimonious falling out at Hogwood all those years ago.

redscot

by redscot » 27 Jan 2013 19:14

Ian Royal

Sorry, how was going to Premier League Stoke for big money after we'd got relegated a disgrace? A bad call in the end, but a disgrace? You wanna stop smoking whatever it is you're putting in your rollies.

The way the world works is this: If a player "knows" he will be saved, he does not need to put in the effort to save Reading from dropping. It was not only him, but Shorey did the same. They knew they would still play in the Premiership, so did not have to give 110%.
Strange how people forget these things. Sidwell did give 110% till the end. He left for a bigger team thinking he was worth it and fair play to him.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Jan 2013 20:33

Bollocks.